We may have an official macross Lego set

RX93

Hope this goes through. Lego has been on a roll lately. I have the Delorean from Back to the Future which was one of the first kits to go through the cusoo process and it is a pretty cool piece. Now they just released The Simpsons house set and just announce Ghostbusters HQ and Ecto-1 set.

Legos not based in North America. HG doesn't own "Macross" they own the SDFM dist rights.

BigWest has the say, and Lego is big enough to tell HG to go take a walk.

HG owns the international merchandising rights to Macross. If Lego makes this and doesn't license it as a Robotech product it will only be available for sale in Japan.

HG owns the international merchandising rights to Macross. If Lego makes this and doesn't license it as a Robotech product it will only be available for sale in Japan.

If I have to pay more by this I don't mind, f*ck HG.

I voted for this to happen! glad to see it coming to fruition.

Nue owns the international IP, Lego could just have them create a new scheme from "Macross: frakkHG" series

And create it.

Either way, Lego is a 3+ Billion dollar company and Harmony Gold isn't even a publicly traded company.

HG would run out of lawyer money trying to fight Lego.

Hell I'm tempted to start a kickstarter helping to pay lego to

Tell HG to go frak off!

Nue owns the international IP, Lego could just have them create a new scheme from "Macross: frakkHG" series

And create it.

Either way, Lego is a 3+ Billion dollar company and Harmony Gold isn't even a publicly traded company.

HG would run out of lawyer money trying to fight Lego.

Hell I'm tempted to start a kickstarter helping to pay lego to

Tell HG to go frak off!

+1

I'll pledge some $€¥ to that.

While I am doubtful that the licensing mess would make this pass the review for an international release, I am still hoping for a Japan only release. LEGO Cuusoo has shown that Japan targetted releases do work, like the Hayabusa, which also happens to the the very 1st set to come out from this platform.

Very cool, if it does come out I will think about getting one, though it will likely cost as much as an arcadia valk, ugh Legos are so freaking expensive...

I hope they'll cost around, or at least slightly higher than the de-lorean machine...that set was $35 a pop with 2 mini figs...guessing around $50-60-ish..

EDIT : having a darth vader/storm trooper/Jack Sparrow/Tonto/Yoda minifig in the cockpit would be fun!

Edited by aaajin

I hope this passes review, even if it is only a Japanese release. If so, it'll be procurable, albeit just like the rest of Macross related stuff. I doubt LEGO would enter into a legal battle over this, as much as I'd like to see them drive HG into bankruptcy and eventual oblivion. For a one-off model that will most likely see only a single release, I doubt they'd be bothered. It's nice to dream, though. LEGO would go down in history as the company that opened the West to Macross again.

If this indeed passes review and makes it to production, I'd be excited to see what else could be produced, not to mention official Macross minifigs.

Edited by M'Kyuun

the only incentive I can see for Lego to want to drive HG out of business/buy them out/etc is if there was a big-budget Robotech movie about to happen and Lego wanted to do a full line for it (yes, I know one has been planned for ages). But as M'Kyuun said, I don't see them putting forth the effort for a special release of the VF-1.

Although it my heart of hearts I hope one of the decision-makers at Lego is a Macross fan and likes to make risky business decisions...

So here's the thing about this whole situation. They usually only choose one out of the collection of items to be made. They'll weigh marketability, including size, and no doubt what sorts of licensing issues will be involved. No doubt they'll come across the issue between Macross and Robotech and deem it too problematic and too small a market to go through the hassle.

If I'm wrong we're all blessed for it, but I'm pretty sure it's not happening.

I'm hoping that if we don't get a Macross Lego set, that someone takes a very good look at all pictures and works out how to make one.

That way we can just go along to Lego.com and buy the bits and build our own.

I'm hoping that if we don't get a Macross Lego set, that someone takes a very good look at all pictures and works out how to make one.

That way we can just go along to Lego.com and buy the bits and build our own.

We may contact the builder and see if he is willing to share the build instructions if the CUSSOO project does not work out.

Yeah, there's no way a Macross Lego set is getting made. I've met like two people in real life who even know what Macross is. It just wouldn't sell.

Yeah, my friend and his girlfriend are visiting from Japan and neither one knew what Macross was. "Like Gundam?" Soooo yeah, Robotech and Macross are definitely niche products. Still, if I'm HG I'd have a huge erection over the thought of this being an official Robotech product in the states. "Look, through no effort of our own, the license still makes us money!"

Wow i thought i out grew legos 20 years ago but those look so awesome.. i dunno what it is, something about the proportions being in between an sd joke machine and a perfect transformation arcadia/yammie make them look super cool. I'd def get one.

Is Humungey Gauwd floated on the stock market ?

If it is maybe we could all scrape up some cash and buy it.

I'm guessing £150 may just do it.

That way we would have a say.

Edited by big F

• 2 weeks later...