In 1994, Disney released Gargoyles, proving that they can make a serious action cartoon and go head-to-head with Batman: The Animated Series. Gargoyles is known not only for its darker tone, complex story arcs and Shakespearean themes, but also for the people behind the voices such as Keith David (Childs in The Thing, Armitage in They Live), Ed Asner (Carl in Up), Michael Dorn (Mr. Worf in Star Trek: The Next Generation), Marina Sirtis (Counselor Troi in Star Trek: TNG), Jonathan Frakes (Riker in Star Trek: TNG), John Rhys-Davies (Sallah in Raiders of the Lost Ark and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade), and Richard Grieco (Dennis Booker in 21 Jump Street and Booker), just to name a few.

The series lasted for three seasons and 78 episodes before going off the air in 1997. But for those who miss the adventures of the Manhattan clan, there's good news: Disney has the entire series available on their YouTube channel (may not be available outside the U.S.).

"We are defenders of the night. We are Gargoyles!"

News Flash: Gargoyles Is Streaming on YouTube

Direct YouTube Playlist Links: Season 1, Season 2, Season 3

Guest davidwhangchoi

i thought the show was fake... a woman that isn't scared of stone statues that turn to living beasts...

real gargoyles scare women, fry eggs, live in a fridge, and chant "Zuul".

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Seasons 1 and 2 are epic, with only a few mediocre episodes sprinkled in; season 3, on the other hand, while not completely awful, was a drastic drop in quality both in writing and animation.

I noticed that they're missing episodes 34 and 39 from season 2... wonder if those will ever be uploaded.

I tend to go to comic conventions regularly and one of my favorite surprises is that I purchased a signed lithograph from the character designer of the show. He was just chilling at his both and if it were for the print being display I would never have known who he was or how he helped shaped my pre-teen life.