Recent experiences at Nippon-Yasan?

bforbryan

I have encountered some issues with them which I ordered 2 strike packs for the vf-171 but they delivered 2 vf-171 to me instead. This in a way is to my advantage but I emailed them regarding this just in case they found out and asked me back for them and no one replied.

Otherwise, they are quite ok

Edited by namsdraug

UPDATE: I have received my YF at work today! So excited. Haven't unboxed in fear of no will to work thereafter. Thus far, everything has been smooth with NY. I did opt for EMS as I hate sleepless weeks of waiting (cost offset by no happy hour for a week or two). I will post a final update when I inspect my new baby. CANT WAITTTTTT!

UPDATE: I have received my YF at work today! So excited. Haven't unboxed in fear of no will to work thereafter. Thus far, everything has been smooth with NY. I did opt for EMS as I hate sleepless weeks of waiting (cost offset by no happy hour for a week or two). I will post a final update when I inspect my new baby. CANT WAITTTTTT!

Congratulation my friend....put some pic of your first valk.

Question:

Has anyone had a situation where their order never came and the tracking just showed it was still in Japan? If so, my question is what does NY do for you when/if that happens? Do they refund it or reship one? Or do they just make you pound salt and make you work it alone through a foreign postal service for your insurance and credit?

I'm not being rude, but please don't speculate, I'd really like to know from someone who knows based on actual experience.

I ordered a 25F via airmail and it is way past due with tracking still saying it's in a dispatch center overseas and I haven't contacted them yet.

Edited by sreichma

Like the guy before me, check your local postal company's tracking system. Plus what shipping method did you use and how long has it been already? About insurance, they have a shipping method FAQ with insurance provided for each registered shipping method.

If it says dispatched from outward office, means it's sent already (in the plane). If your local post office tracking doesnt have it yet, means its still in transit. If you're using their ECO it will take a while to arrive (my last one took 1.5 weeks before it showed up in my local post office tracking).

Edited by close313

Yeah thats what it says, its said "dispatched from outward office" since Jan 22nd and has no other activity on their site or on the USPS site. Its been "dispatched from outward office" for 14 days.

Its registered airmail with insurance, my question is do they make you work with the foreign postal service yourself to get your credit or do they do it since they are the ones who shipped?

Edited by sreichma

Most likely you will have to do some legwork as it might be stuck at customs.

the Shipper has little control/say once it leaves their hand, before they can claimed the insured amount they must make sure it is really lost. That takes time.

As far as leg work goes, there isn't much you can do from here in the US. I can't call customs and have them look for my package or file an insurance claim with a foreign postal service. I'll contact NY if it doesn't come, if it never arrives, I got it with my CC so I'm safe.

Yeah thats what it says, its said "dispatched from outward office" since Jan 22nd and has no other activity on their site or on the USPS site. Its been "dispatched from outward office" for 14 days.

Its registered airmail with insurance, my question is do they make you work with the foreign postal service yourself to get your credit or do they do it since they are the ones who shipped?

Registered airmail or Registered SAL?

From my experience over here in Australia, airmail or SAL can take as short as 1 week to as long as over 4 weeks. Normally it will be here in 2-3 weeks. Airmail slightly faster between 1-2 weeks, while SAL normally about 2-4 weeks.

Here is the final update on the journey to getting my first Macross valkyrie. The wait to get off work was long and arduous. But well worth it. I was like a child opening a present on Christmas day. Full of everlasting joy. Unwrapping and getting my hands on my new toy. Ah!!! Orgasm lol. Inspected the YF and have no complaints besides the wings (the tilting thrusters?) not being stiff enough. Anyone have a remedy for that? Otherwise, I'm very pleased. Looks like I picked a good one to start with.

In summary, it was a great experience without any hiccups. Thank you again for all your feedback and advice. Nippon-Yasan did not disappoint and I would recommend based on their quality and efficient service (with EMS).

I cannot wait till I get my hands on the Arcadia YF-19. I'm having them side by side on my dresser!

post-28801-0-94853600-1391592204_thumb.jpg

post-28801-0-63764400-1391592196_thumb.jpg

post-28801-0-10609000-1391592188_thumb.jpg

post-28801-0-59930100-1391592180_thumb.jpg

post-28801-0-54344800-1391592171_thumb.jpg

post-28801-0-02495600-1391592164_thumb.jpg

post-28801-0-80527700-1391592156_thumb.jpg

post-28801-0-92023200-1391592148_thumb.jpg

post-28801-0-88439700-1391592141_thumb.jpg

post-28801-0-23729500-1391592134_thumb.jpg

Edited by bforbryan

Received my 25F today almost 17 days instead of 8. But here's the insight, if you find yourself in this position, rest easy. Nippon Yasan will absolutely credit you or reship you a new item if it is not received. If you got insurance with your shipping option, then Nippon Yasan executes the insurance claim and claims it themselves, you then get a refund or shipped item whichever you choose. I just wanted to let everyone know because nobody was really sure how it would play out. In short, you don't have to worry about filing an insurance claim, they claim it on their end. They were very helpful and I will always buy with confidence from them going forward. I want to be clear though, this only applies if the shipping option you picked includes tracking/insurance.

Received my 25F today almost 17 days instead of 8. But here's the insight, if you find yourself in this position, rest easy. Nippon Yasan will absolutely credit you or reship you a new item if it is not received. If you got insurance with your shipping option, then Nippon Yasan executes the insurance claim and claims it themselves, you then get a refund or shipped item whichever you choose. I just wanted to let everyone know because nobody was really sure how it would play out. In short, you don't have to worry about filing an insurance claim, they claim it on their end. They were very helpful and I will always buy with confidence from them going forward. I want to be clear though, this only applies if the shipping option you picked includes tracking/insurance.

All postal insurance claims are initiated by the shipper. They have to be, because the shipper is the party that's been insured.

It's good to know that NY will actually do that, though - lots of shippers drag their feet on initiating a claim, because it's a pain in the bottom to do.

I've also made multiple purchases with NY, and they've never given me reason to doubt them. I did have one item take awhile to get to me (not NY's fault, but the Japanese Post), but otherwise everything has come well wrapped, with handwritten "thank you" notes.

• 3 weeks later...

I never had problems with NY before. They are a good store if you just want to shop stuff. As soon as anything happens say missing/defect parts you might run into problems. With Bandai Renewals this is an even greater problem because Bandai does not offer a replacement service so even if NY would help you they often't can't. HLJ offers superior customer service.

Another thing to keep in mind about NY is that they will not declare the proper value on the packaging which will lead to problems with the insurance if something goes totally wrong with your package (at least to my knowledge). On the other hand customs won't charge your package with fees if you live in a country that does such things.

Thank god for that. I was about to ask if they did declare the full value or not since I live in UK and this coutry is well known for high customs fees and taxes.

I ordered a VF29 from NY a week ago and they were prompt in sending me the email with the link to track. However for the past week there have been no updates on the Japan Post website regarding the progress of shipping this item. The last note on the page says that "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" from Osaka International. Is this the type of tracking that provides updates only for within Japan? I use the tracking number on the website of Royal Mail and Parcel Force but it doesnt get recognised. I'm a bit puzzled. The shipping method is Eco SAL Registered. Anyone with more experience can shed more light on this please?

You will need to check tracking with your local PO service.

Japan of course can't track outside it's borders.

Tracking also depends on what your local PO provides, some countries are well known to provide NO tracking and have a high ratio of lost parcels.

SAL usually provides little to no tracking hence why most people recommend EMS as it is faster than Airmail has tracking and insurance.

Granted declaring parcels below value means also less protection and if discovered ...

Edited by CrazyDude

Thank god for that. I was about to ask if they did declare the full value or not since I live in UK and this coutry is well known for high customs fees and taxes.

I ordered a VF29 from NY a week ago and they were prompt in sending me the email with the link to track. However for the past week there have been no updates on the Japan Post website regarding the progress of shipping this item. The last note on the page says that "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" from Osaka International. Is this the type of tracking that provides updates only for within Japan? I use the tracking number on the website of Royal Mail and Parcel Force but it doesnt get recognised. I'm a bit puzzled. The shipping method is Eco SAL Registered. Anyone with more experience can shed more light on this please?

Don't worry yet. As the chosen shipping methos was Eco SAL Registered you will have to wait a bit longer (probably one to two more weeks) before you see any update on the website of Royal Mail.

It's (quite likely literally) on the boat. It's out of Japan's hands but not yet into Royal Mail's, so there's no other information available. Parcels traveling SAL can travel by surface or by air and are added to containers as space permits, so they spend a lot of time in places with no ability to report their location.