Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

YES! The item is in stores. Hopefully I'll pick it up in a day or two.

EDIT: Woot! Lucked out and the seller managed to get an extra copy.

Store ake or crazy toy or ??? ake sell 8200 baht for me.

How much you ???

There are nine pages full of YF-29's on Yahoo! Japan... most are the Isamu variant but it looks like stores are trying to get rid of them enmasse now. :blink:

I bought the Ozma yesterday for ¥22.980... such a super-good deal with a buy now price and hopefully it's sealed as it said that it would be. B))

There are nine pages full of YF-29's on Yahoo! Japan... most are the Isamu variant but it looks like stores are trying to get rid of them enmasse now. :blink:

I bought the Ozma yesterday for ¥22.980... such a super-good deal with a buy now price and hopefully it's sealed as it said that it would be. B))

Whats the Proxy that you recommended again? forgot which thread it was posted on. Really want to hunt down another YF-29 30th Anniversary with SSP.

Whats the Proxy that you recommended again? forgot which thread it was posted on. Really want to hunt down another YF-29 30th Anniversary with SSP.

I used to use Japamart but now I use Buyee because no hassle with putting money into a virtual wallet with them.

So is demand dieing down for this on the secondary market?

There is one available, that's been available since early this morning (EST) and I've been out of the house all day to check and see that low and behold it's still there.

Interesting.

-b.

If not having a second copy means the first copy stays in the box and not handled or transformed, that's when I buy a second copy. Usually if I have two copies, i can enjoy one of the toys with none of the Anxiety because I know a second is sitting tight and secured in a box. That's why I have 2 25-G's in the box. Its my absolute favorite valk and color so Im always engaged with my copy behind the glass.

If not having a second copy means the first copy stays in the box and not handled or transformed, that's when I buy a second copy. Usually if I have two copies, i can enjoy one of the toys with none of the Anxiety because I know a second is sitting tight and secured in a box. That's why I have 2 25-G's in the box. Its my absolute favorite valk and color so Im always engaged with my copy behind the glass.

This is exactly how I feel with duplicates. With only one, the smallest mistake makes me sweat bullets.

Wanted to show a GERWALK-mode pic with "everything opened up/fully loaded"---and right when I finally started getting a couple decent pics with my camera settings---the battery died. So this is the best I got---I really wanted more of an elevated view but the camera died before I could get a makeshift tripod to elevate it.

gallery_16_647_293344.jpg

(I mainly wanted an elevated view to show the corrected black striping and lightened fold-crystal color--but the stripped canopy is still readily visible)

And of course, only after posting do I realize the gunpod's "hanging low". :p

Clear canopy? What kind of black magic is this.

Very carefully removing it with rubbing alcohol. Time+experience+lots of toothpicks and q-tips!

Similar technique was used to lighten the fold crystals--they're more of a sky-blue now, not "sapphire blue". Will try to get an overhead shot in fighter mode to show that off better. I really wanted a "light blue" canopy to match, but due to the curvature/framing, it was really "all or nothing".

The difficulty in getting an even color prevents it. Wet paint always pools in some spots and pulls away from others, and transparent paint REALLY shows the difference in paint-thickness.

Airbrushing very thin layers that dry almost instantly is possible, if you build up a dozen+ coats. But that's beyond me. I can barely airbrush "matte grey on a flat surface". Transparent blue on a curved surface that needs to be crystal-clear glossy isn't going to happen any time soon.

If I had the skills to really re-do it how I want it, I'd replace ALL the clear-blue areas with "slightly purple" like his VF-25S canopy. That's how it looks in the game from the screen-shots I've seen.

Very carefully removing it with rubbing alcohol. Time+experience+lots of toothpicks and q-tips!Similar technique was used to lighten the fold crystals--they're more of a sky-blue now, not "sapphire blue". Will try to get an overhead shot in fighter mode to show that off better. I really wanted a "light blue" canopy to match, but due to the curvature/framing, it was really "all or nothing".

Wow! I didn't know that was even possible! Neat trick! Yeah, a lighter blue would've been sweet!

For anyone interested, I've got two brand-new and sealed YF-29 figures with my proxy buyer (based in Japan) available for sale:

- DX YF-29 30th Commemorative Version: 23,000 yen + shipping

- DX YF-29 Ozma Custom: 25,000 yen + shipping

Just contact me by PM.

PM'd

Ozma 29 Question

I just opened mine after getting it from NY 5 days after release. I noticed that on the Valks left leg, the gerwalk joint itself is a little loose and has some play from side to side. I'm not talking about the hip joint, but the grey gerwalk joint that fits inside the two intake pieces that you screw together. The gerwalk joint itself moves from right to left. It doesn't compromise the valk, but it does cause the wing to to unlatch from the leg clip in fighter mode because the leg has play from side to side. I opened it up and it is not broke and the part seems formed and cast exactly like the right side. Of course I will begin the trials and ultimately correct it but I just wanted to know if anyone else noticed this on their Ozma 29 or any of the 29 series.