Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

How does anyone think this is not awesome?

7a43383c-s.jpg

Piratical>awesome.

Between the badass pirate hat and the super dark canopy this one is going to be battroid mode 100% of the time.

Looking really closely, it seems they actually introduced a few "errors" into the paint scheme compared to the samples we saw earlier--namely, stripes etc not lining up. Most noticeably around the intakes/LERXs. It should (as in, was clearly intended to do so) match the striping pattern of Alto's. But a few paint apps are like "angled to the next panel line over" and so the striping doesn't line up from part-to-part, but skips around a bit. :( I almost think they only "partially re-set" the paint apps from Isamu's at the factory---which doesn't work---you either need to be pure Isamu or pure Alto, to have a set of "complete" stripes that line up right and look good.

It'd be fairly easy to fix, except for the little red warning arrow just outside the upper aux intake---it's on both halves of an area that should be split black/grey, and was so in the sample but is black/black on the final---it'd be almost impossible to remove the black from what should be grey while preserving the arrow. Probably just strip it all and paint black as needed.

(yes, having the stripes line up is a big thing with me and Frontier valks---going back to the first -27 release, Bandai has always seemed to get the samples right but screw up the final release by changing things) Is it that hard to follow the molded in panel lines? Apparently.

Seeing as how the turret hinge cuts right through the skull insignia, the shield would have been a much better place for the design.

I was thinking the same thing. Place some geometric back art where the turret hinge is and place the skull on the shield. Then that would be covered by the super parts later, so they should put a bigger skull on the shield cover. :)

Are there any pics from the game(s) of fighter mode, WITHOUT the super parts attached? I'm trying to figure out how the wing leading edge is painted. The game pretty clearly had the lighter grey color applied to the inboard leading edge, but I don't know if it went all the way along the whole wing like the 30th ann and Alto's do. (probably, as every other -29 has a consistent wing leading-edge color, regardless of it it matches or contrasts with the main wing color) But I'd love to know for sure. (and it'd be a lot easier to paint if it didn't, as the inboard portion doesn't involve the sliding hinges or anything that may ever scrape)

7a43383c-s.jpg

Piratical>awesome.

Damn, I kinda wish I had bought two now. I want a second one in permanent Battroid because that head is wicked.

I like the colours the way they are, except for the IMO cheaply coloured blue canopy. Oh, and the gunpod could've also been darker. But, overall, I think this toy is beautiful.

I'm with you on that man, the canopy/crystals really needed to be a very subtle blue. Not... whatever bubblegum, cheap blue they managed to come up with.

With all the yellow linings all over the Valkyrie it reminds me of a ZoE mech. ^_^

I like the place of the skull logo. Every other place would make the YF-29 look unbalanced. It is a cape insignia and thus should be placed on the cape. :D

Edited by Scyla

with the very dark canopy, it will be displayed in battroid as well.

7a43383c-s.jpg

Piratical>awesome.

I really love it. imo, the best Yf-29 head version.

anyway, is that paint peeling off? the yellow paint near the neck

Edited by chyll2

hi guy,

just now i got notice that HLJ got restock for it (showing low stock) and i did place and submit the order successfully but until now (5 hour long) i did not received any email notification to confirm my order and so i ask the HLJ support which they inform did not received my order based on my order history is this mean HLJ screw me up on my order for it?

Thanks

hi guy,

just now i got notice that HLJ got restock for it (showing low stock) and i did place and submit the order successfully but until now (5 hour long) i did not received any email notification to confirm my order and so i ask the HLJ support which they inform did not received my order based on my order history is this mean HLJ screw me up on my order for it?

Thanks

That's never happened to me before and it doesn't count as being screwed until they fail to deliver an already confirmed order.

That's never happened to me before and it doesn't count as being screwed until they fail to deliver an already confirmed order.

is it usually after place order will get email after that which HLJ confirm the order? If it is then i believe my order did not register on HLJ eventhough i did successfully place the order. oh well my bad luck i guess.

Edited by squall12

is it usually after place order will get email after that which HLJ confirm the order? If it is then i believe my order did not register on HLJ eventhough i did successfully place the order. oh well my bad luck i guess.

Yes they will send you a confirmation or at least an acknowledgement email. Did you manage to log-in and checkout the item? Did you see a 'Thank you for your order' page?

Yes they will send you a confirmation or at least an acknowledgement email. Did you manage to log-in and checkout the item? Did you see a 'Thank you for your order' page?

yes i did get the 'Thank you for your order' page.

yes i did get the 'Thank you for your order' page.

but no acknowledgement email which is strange.

Looks like HLJ decided to ship via EMS despite me picking SAL... gonna get my Ozzies today :0

Now i need to work on un-blueing the canopy... that's the only thing that bothers me. If they had kept the blue to the same level as the vf-25A's, which is just a very subtle blue, that would have been ideal.

Also, looks like Ozzies are really HTF. This is why everyone goes crazy over pre-orders because the popularity of a macross item is a real crapshoot for Bandai post release it looks.

*Edit* walked downstairs and GF got my ozzy from the front desk when she was bringing back the laundry

post-25-0-88924600-1399903169_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-21606900-1399903171_thumb.jpg

Cockpit is still really blue, but not opaque as other pics may have shown. prolly was the flash

post-25-0-14150700-1399903172_thumb.jpg

There's a tiny bit more Tampo. Notice the grey warning behind the canopy and the emergency rescue markings below the lerx

post-25-0-76669000-1399904009_thumb.jpg

This ozzy is way darker than the 25S

post-25-0-17830000-1399903173_thumb.jpg

If anyone wondered how it looks with 30th anni fastpacks

post-25-0-31307500-1399903614_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-37676800-1399906797_thumb.jpg

Battroid head is awesome. Be careful with the antennae, they come as hard ABS Stock, so no bendy bendy.

post-25-0-24532700-1399906354_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-74753500-1399906356_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-66838400-1399906355_thumb.jpg

Comparison with 25S Ozzie. You'll notice his head is a lot smaller than the 25S

post-25-0-43949900-1399906798_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon

hi guy,

Thanks

This happened to me once. I ordered Saint Cloth Myth Athena during low stock and got to the "thank you for your order page". Never got a confirmation email, it never appeared on my account. I emailed them and they claimed there wasn't and order registered. If it hasnt shown up on your account by now it probably wont :( This is one issue i have with their archaic system. EVery time something goes up for pre-order im afraid the same thing will happen again.