Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

Yes. A 1,000,000,000 times yes. It amazes me how Bandai will just randomly cheap-out on certain aspects of certain releases and then seem to go extra on others (the gunpod on the 25A comes to mind).

-b.

I agree, if Bandai were greedy to release a set of all the different Frontier gun pods molded in gunmetal I would buy it.

Beautiful shots as usual, Saburo.

I have to agree that gun needs a darker color. Perhaps same color as the one that came with the 25S?

Thank you MJ! Your flickr feed is amazing!

Also here's the picture of the grey comparisons of the crotch piece and super part. Sorry for the bad pic, taken with phone camera. :(

grey_zps499ccd50.jpg

Edited by Saburo

Cool, thank you. It looks pretty similar. I ordered some more paints and I'm going to try to match the light gray as best as I can to paint the wings with.

Perhaps I should paint the gun too. I just don't know with what.

I put Ozma's 25S gun on the 29 and it just looked like it was too much dark gray and that there needed to be some contrast.

Maybe I should just try spraying a black filter on the gun to give it an overall darker tone.

Cool, thank you. It looks pretty similar. I ordered some more paints and I'm going to try to match the light gray as best as I can to paint the wings with.

Perhaps I should paint the gun too. I just don't know with what.

I put Ozma's 25S gun on the 29 and it just looked like it was too much dark gray and that there needed to be some contrast.

Maybe I should just try spraying a black filter on the gun to give it an overall darker tone.

Well shoot, I will gladly send you a few of my Renewal Gunpods for you to test colors out on, and pay for shipping both ways if you agree to send the finish products back. :D

-b.

Thank you! :)

Thank you! :)

Thank you, that is exactly the look trying for. Ozma is a Bad-ass. :)

Here's the full view pic.

15441969095_21f457a735_b.jpg

This just screams wallpaper. :-)

Amazing shot as always Saburo!

Special request: can you do a side by side pic of the Armored 25s and Super 29s both with missile pods fully deployed? :-D

Edited by brouken

This just screams wallpaper. :-)

Amazing shot as always Saburo!

Special request: can you do a side by side pic of the Armored 25s and Super 29s both with missile pods fully deployed? :-D

Thank you and I'll take that shot for you, I'll see if I can get to it this weekend or next weekend for sure. My friend asked me to take pics of his Sengoku Astray his just completed.

Got mine yesterday ^_^ SAL was surprisingly fast this time around

Nice!! Tony Stark is not happy with Ozma blocking him in the shot. ;)

Thank you and I'll take that shot for you, I'll see if I can get to it this weekend or next weekend for sure. My friend asked me to take pics of his Sengoku Astray his just completed.

Nice!! Tony Stark is not happy with Ozma blocking him in the shot. ;)

Neither is big boss :lol:

Awesome! Man, why is it I can never get my Frontier Valks to look like yours standing up? c",)

Thanks man!! Im not sure maybe its the iphone pic effect :D

Got my super packs much earlier than I expected to. Yay!

In other news, I tried out spraying a dark filter on my gunpod to see how it would look against Ozma's 29.

You can compare vs the handle which is the original color which I didn't spray since it would be prone to paint chips and it's hidden either in the hand or in fighter mode anyway.

Gave it a quick oil wash too to bring out the details, particularly the inside parts.

Sorry, I can't have the 29 holding the pod or do a better pic since it's all in pieces right now so this is the best I can do at the moment.

post-10222-0-33251200-1412714434_thumb.jpgpost-10222-0-59232000-1412714435_thumb.jpg

Got my super packs much earlier than I expected to. Yay!

In other news, I tried out spraying a dark filter on my gunpod to see how it would look against Ozma's 29.

You can compare vs the handle which is the original color which I didn't spray since it would be prone to paint chips and it's hidden either in the hand or in fighter mode anyway.

Gave it a quick oil wash too to bring out the details, particularly the inside parts.

Sorry, I can't have the 29 holding the pod or do a better pic since it's all in pieces right now so this is the best I can do at the moment.

attachicon.gifyf-29 gunpod_1.jpgattachicon.gifyf-29 gunpod_2.jpg

The gunpod looks terrible, you should send it to me and I'll send you back a normal colored gunpod. :lol::D

Your darkened gunpod looks so much better with the Ozma color scheme and the your modifications to the paint scheme looks awesome! Can't wait to see your photos of it completed with or without super parts. :D

Edited by Saburo

The gunpod looks terrible, you should send it to me and I'll send you back a normal colored gunpod. :lol::D

Your darkened gunpod looks so much better with the Ozma color scheme and the your modifications to the paint scheme looks awesome! Can't wait to see your photos of it completed with or without super parts. :D

Well, if it looks so terrible, maybe I should take you up on your offer. You're too kind! :lol:

Now I'm trying to figure out these white stripes on the leading edge of the wings on the super parts:

IfEUJ.jpg

In the game, the leading edge of the wings are pretty thin, but the one on the toy is pretty thick so I'm not sure if it would look silly or not painting it white or even light grey.

@MJ

If ever I am near your place, I will be willing to send the whole valk for you to practice on (evil laugh) :p

as for the leading edge, white will look good if you can do that thin line. I think the end of the leading edge near the lights are okay-ish but the midsection of the leading edge is like x2 thick than usual.

But I think you can easily mask a thin line along the edge.

Finally got my Ozma Super parts!! It's like Christmas but not...Parts look awesome and they really add some weight to make Ozma really fill out in his badassery!!

Agreed, the Super Parts do the Ozma 29 a lot of justice. And just like you the one thing I noticed, or was reminded of, is that those few pieces really add a lot of weight to the Valk.

-b.

Well, if it looks so terrible, maybe I should take you up on your offer. You're too kind! :lol:

I am here to help. :) Let me know when you are going to send over the gunpod, I'll mail mine over to you. :lol:

Finally got my Ozma Super parts!! It's like Christmas but not...Parts look awesome and they really add some weight to make Ozma really fill out in his badassery!!

Congrats, its always nice to have a not-Christmas present to open. :)

Agreed, the Super Parts do the Ozma 29 a lot of justice. And just like you the one thing I noticed, or was reminded of, is that those few pieces really add a lot of weight to the Valk.

-b.

^ This.

The super parts don't stress the 29 wings at all.

Correct.

That said, I've noticed on my Isamu 29 with the Super Parts that the rotating pivot for the wing engines will move at a slight bump and honestly I don't remember if they were like that before the parts were put on (as some people's 29's (pick one) had that issue without the Super Parts added).

-b.

Correct.

That said, I've noticed on my Isamu 29 with the Super Parts that the rotating pivot for the wing engines will move at a slight bump and honestly I don't remember if they were like that before the parts were put on (as some people's 29's (pick one) had that issue without the Super Parts added).

-b.

Most likely they were pretty loose already. Mine were as also slightly loose already prior to the super parts being added. My Ozma 29 seems tighter though. The addition of the parts just made it more prone to moving, due to the slightly more mass added. But it's no looser when taking them back off.

Just reiterating the previous two posts, there's really no significant stress put on the outer nacelle pivot. If you want to put on super parts, go right ahead.

Got mine today (N-Y, SAL). Right wing still fine, but left wing---look at it funny and it rotates nose-down due to the added weight (which is mostly ahead of the pivot-point). I don't think there's any way to access the actual joint/pivot to apply nail polish etc---any suggestions?

Extra-large shield is very much a missed opportunity for markings. Another (uninterrupted) skull, a nice big SMS logo that's not angled funny/sideways, "YF-29" marking, etc. Or even just make it black, or gunmetal like some other parts. But being the exact same grey as the regular shield with no markings at all---boring.

Anyone else think the SMS symbols on the new wings are sideways? They don't match the angle of the normal wings' markings, and I can't think of any logical viewpoint/reference to make their orientation seem "correct".

For temporary measure, you could rotate the engine 90 deg, stick something on the flat part (tissue or tape) and rotate it back so that the thing you stuck is wedged between the wing and the engine.Or you could apply some nail polish on that flat part(or on the engine)

Yea the SMS symbols are of different alignment, but the game shows it that way anyway.

Most likely they were pretty loose already. Mine were as also slightly loose already prior to the super parts being added. My Ozma 29 seems tighter though. The addition of the parts just made it more prone to moving, due to the slightly more mass added. But it's no looser when taking them back off.

Just reiterating the previous two posts, there's really no significant stress put on the outer nacelle pivot. If you want to put on super parts, go right ahead.

I know how you feel. The nacelles on my YF-29 30th Anniversary are that way and I removed the Super Parts and display this Valkyrie unaltered now. Ozma is now decked out with Super Parts and he can bear the extra weight . :)

Finally received my Ozma 29 Super Parts from N-Y... I'm always surprised by how small the box for Durandal's accessories pieces is compared to those for the 25 and 171; it just doesn't look right.

Was my impression the first time I saw the packaging for the YF-29 Super Parts. There are only like what, (7) or so pieces that go onto the Valk? It makes sense that the packaging is that small - but comparative to how many pieces go with the 25's, yeah it makes you think "where is the rest?".

-b.

I had to laugh at NY's packaging staff this time. Apparently, they couldn't find an appropriately sized box for my parts, and decided to wedge the super parts box into a cubic shipping box diagonally. :lol:

I've had to tighten up the engines of every one of my YF-29s though. The forward weight of those packs always winds up making them droop. Usually, I've just added a couple dabs of superglue to the flat face of the wing tip that the engine rotates aganst, but I'll probably avoid that on Ozma due to the dark plastic.

I had to laugh at NY's packaging staff this time. Apparently, they couldn't find an appropriately sized box for my parts, and decided to wedge the super parts box into a cubic shipping box diagonally. :lol:

I've had to tighten up the engines of every one of my YF-29s though. The forward weight of those packs always winds up making them droop. Usually, I've just added a couple dabs of superglue to the flat face of the wing tip that the engine rotates aganst, but I'll probably avoid that on Ozma due to the dark plastic.

That was basically how my Super Parts where packed too. ^_^