Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

Aww geez, I didn't even notice the canopy. So is it just painted blue on the inside?

Actually, the outside lol. So easy to do. You don't even have to remove it from the valk. There is a stubborn bit in the front inside windshield, use a Q-tip to clean that nook out/

now that looks really tempting.

are you gonna keep it clear or make it another color duymon?

Gonna keep it clear until I get some blue food coloring to add to some future floor polish

Very cool - that clear canopy looks awesome. Nice job Duymon!

I'm not N-Y's biggest fan, but I'm not sure this is all on them. Besides their complete inability to get orders out in the order that they are paid this smacks of Bandai shorting production. Good luck to everyone who has an order for this thru them.

-b.

Actually, no, this situation with NY kinda makes sense. Because NY has become the "go-to" supplier for these, they get hammered by preorders by people who only intend to resell them. All this is is an indication that the design really isn't in that high of a demand. When the resellers can't sell their preorders on ebay, they just let the preorders lie, and NY winds up without being able to pay for their orders from Bandai that they thought people wanted.

So Bandai stops giving them a supply until they give a reasonable sales projection, or cough up actual money to buy stock with.

Everyone's getting screwed in sequence here, with the scalper/resellers initiating the whole mess. As much as many people hate it, full or partial payment up front is probably the only thing that will fix it. Not only that, it would fix the false sense of demand and scarcity the resellers have been causing.

Anyway, as far as the paint goes.. I'm just.. I can't even begin to understand anything about how Bandai thinks. The gray-over-black-over-CORRECT-gray thing is just so much... that is pure, grade-A, pants-on-head, couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel STUPID. How do people who make those kinds of mistakes even hold onto a job?

Edited by Chronocidal

Actually, the outside lol. So easy to do. You don't even have to remove it from the valk. There is a stubborn bit in the front inside windshield, use a Q-tip to clean that nook out/

Gonna keep it clear until I get some blue food coloring to add to some future floor polish

So does the blue come off really easy? If not how do you preserve the black frames?

I'd really like to do light purple like his -25S (and the in-game -29 I think) but my Alto kit taught me that a nice light clear purple is nigh-impossible.

I'm still interested in getting a replacement one cast.

Actually, no, this situation with NY kinda makes sense. Because NY has become the "go-to" supplier for these, they get hammered by preorders by people who only intend to resell them. All this is is an indication that the design really isn't in that high of a demand. When the resellers can't sell their preorders on ebay, they just let the preorders lie, and NY winds up without being able to pay for their orders from Bandai that they thought people wanted.

So Bandai stops giving them a supply until they give a reasonable sales projection, or cough up actual money to buy stock with.

Everyone's getting screwed in sequence here, with the scalper/resellers initiating the whole mess. As much as many people hate it, full or partial payment up front is probably the only thing that will fix it. Not only that, it would fix the false sense of demand and scarcity the resellers have been causing.

Then how do you explain the post about local brick and mortar stores (Kotobukiya) limiting purchases to 3? Is that normal?

Edit to add...

or

The mark-ups on Yahoo Japan that have also been reported. I'm not saying there is no scalping involved, even with N-Y playing a roll with how they mark up during these "rounds" of pre-orders. I firmly believe that stock from Bandai is limited and N-Y along with others didn't get the allotment of stock ordered and/or expected as shown by the inflated prices and limited quantities available.

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Yesterday got an email from NY, stated they cannot full-fill my paid PO.

Then we have a few email communications.

Later just now, NY sent me an email stated my item was already shipped.

I guess they might already sorted their stock.

:)

Guest davidwhangchoi

i think everyone should wait a week or two... maybe there was a delay in delivery and will begin to fulfill orders.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Same here on NY. I think they will fullfill it but will just take time for them to source it from other suppliers. The only gripe I have with them is not sending out based on order of payment or when you put the order in. They appear to do it randomly which is not fair if they can't fullfill as people who ordered and paid first don't get it and those who paid later do.

We don't really know what happened to their orders, but if its really to do with people cancelling on them, then they should really start to charge upfront for preorders or a non-refundable deposit. How many of those people who finally managed to secure an order with HLJ or other sources, went and cancelled their order with NY. I bet there is quite a few out there, and just by reading this forum here you know it happens quite a bit. It's not fair of them to commit on orders and then being stucked with them. Perhaps their supplier deciding to cancel their order with them was due to them reducing their order due to people cancelling on them. Without any inside information, we have no idea, but I would think NY will try to fullfill their orders and hopefully they have good network of suppliers over there to do so.

As I posted when the preorder begin, this is Ozma valk, which I believe will be higher in demand and it's currently showing it.

Then how do you explain the post about local brick and mortar stores (Kotobukiya) limiting purchases to 3? Is that normal?

Edit to add...

or

The mark-ups on Yahoo Japan that have also been reported. I'm not saying there is no scalping involved, even with N-Y playing a roll with how they mark up during these "rounds" of pre-orders. I firmly believe that stock from Bandai is limited and N-Y along with others didn't get the allotment of stock ordered and/or expected as shown by the inflated prices and limited quantities available.

-b.

Just a small point the Kotobukiya store was not limiting purchases to three, they only got three Ozzies, Period.

The sign says: 誠に申し訳ございませんが入荷数は3個です。 次回入荷は未定です。 -コトブキヤ秋葉原館

What it means: We're really sorry, we only got 3 ozzies. Next restock still in the air. -kotobukiya akiba branch

When a well-known brick and mortar's akiba branch only gets three that's something indeed.

Edited by Duymon

Edit to add...

or

-b.

Oh, I'm not saying Bandai isn't behind the general shortages we always see. They're just too completely untrusting of their target customer base to risk even the slightest overproduction of anything. I don't understand why they don't just make everything a web exclusive, and be done with it. Would save everyone a ton of headache. :p

But as far as preorder shops go, if someone is really only interested in reselling something, they're not going to care if their account gets deleted for not paying for their preorders. They'll just up and make a new account for the next item they want to scalp. But when Bandai gets a pre-order tally of something-hundred units, they're going to look at their history of dealing with a particular vendor. If they've got a history of cancelling a lot of preorders because their customers skipped out, Bandai's not going to trust that they can really sell that many, and distribute their products somewhere else.

Edited by Chronocidal

Guest davidwhangchoi

That's how I understood it myself.

*edit* in response to the store Kotobukiya getting only 3.

maybe the shipments coming in late. let's wait a week or two and see... all i know the pre-orders lasted a while on hlj the second round and a really long time on CD japan which had a second round of pre-orders as well. it's just that no one wanted to pay full price (17000yen) for it and were holding out.

look at the yf 30 it's been on cdjapan for several hours. and it's still there.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

So my thought was maybe NY decided the people who paid for the fastest shipping weren't willing to wait and so they shafted the SAL people who were already expecting a slow shipment. Some have got EMS and some don't. It pisses me off so many have been shafted after paying. It's also worrying, while NY has never been the cheapest they've always been reliable. Now, any one of us could be screwed after paying and that just isn't right. Though from the sounds of things Bandai has shorted everyone's shipments as well... which deserves an update in the Why Bandai sucks thread.

Just a small point the Kotobukiya store was not limiting purchases to three, they only got three Ozzies, Period.

The sign says: 誠に申し訳ございませんが入荷数は3個です。 次回入荷は未定です。 -コトブキヤ秋葉原館

What it means: We're really sorry, we only got 3 ozzies. Next restock still in the air. -kotobukiya akiba branch

When a well-known brick and mortar's akiba branch only gets three that's something indeed.

Whoops! Sorry, I misunderstood the original post, thanks for the correction/clarification. :)

Oh, I'm not saying Bandai isn't behind the general shortages we always see. They're just too completely untrusting of their target customer base to risk even the slightest overproduction of anything. I don't understand why they don't just make everything a web exclusive, and be done with it. Would save everyone a ton of headache. :p

But as far as preorder shops go, if someone is really only interested in reselling something, they're not going to care if their account gets deleted for not paying for their preorders. They'll just up and make a new account for the next item they want to scalp. But when Bandai gets a pre-order tally of something-hundred units, they're going to look at their history of dealing with a particular vendor. If they've got a history of cancelling a lot of preorders because their customers skipped out, Bandai's not going to trust that they can really sell that many, and distribute their products somewhere else.

Gotcha, that makes sense. And it would be SO awesome if they made this stuff web exclusive, at this point it really is easier to get items.

-b.

Anyway, as far as the paint goes.. I'm just.. I can't even begin to understand anything about how Bandai thinks. The gray-over-black-over-CORRECT-gray thing is just so much... that is pure, grade-A, pants-on-head, couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel STUPID. How do people who make those kinds of mistakes even hold onto a job?

Yes. Cancelling orders may cause problem between NY and Bandai. Bandai may limit their supply in the future if too much orders being cancelled.

I would say just wait for it unless you have to fly somewhere like I did. I cancelled my pre-order for VF-171 last time stating good reason and my other pre-orders still okay.

two questions for the luckiest that already have it

the shoulder pads are tight?

the eyes are crystal clear or painted?

Mine are tight both sides.

Eyes are on green lens with black paint on it.

885895_10152155733477861_324893463036391

Got my shipped email also the same night as the "sorry" email. I hope its legit. I don't believe though that NY's issue was because of cancelations.

I think that was NY's version of "it was all about an internet video".

Edited by sreichma