Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

I actually like the dark blue tint of the clear parts. They go well with the color of the Valkyrie. However I would liked it even more because as it seems the lights in the wing roots are purple. <_<

Regarding the head I think it looks like the chin area is similar to the turret on the VF-25S and it has some kind of visor where the "eyes" are. We need definitely more images of the head turret. :)

[edit:] I don't know how I feel about the pale yellow SMS signs. I think I would prefer the orange yellow from the VF-25. It could be the same color because if I remember correctly the one on the Ozmas plane was a bit lighter then the rest of them. I can't check on mine because it is covered in armor. ^_^

Edited by Scyla

Assuming the scan isn't perfect, here's just a slight lighting tweak to try to bring out some of the details, without altering the true colors:

*snip*

Does this picture indicate that the panel in front of the canopy is painted black (the one that scratches easily on the 30th Anniversary) or is it only a shadow cast by the Valkyrie? If it is painted does that mean Bandai will cast the piece in white and paint it black just because they are evil. On a second thought the nosecone could be cast in black plastic and painted white because I don't see any other white parts.

Hm strange I really like the white nosecone as a highlight. I'm sure it will look good in Battroid-Mode too.

Looking back at the images from the game I hope these magazine pics are just off colorwise. While the Valk is definitely a darker shade of Grey from Ozma's 25 it still needs to be light enough for a contrast between the Black lines and the rest of the Valk, which I feel isn't the case in these photos though that could be angle, lighting, etc... too.

Thank you. This is what I was saying earlier in the thread but got got told the obvious: that it is supposed to be dark. No crap. Glad someone else understands what I meant. Doesn't help that the plastic is too shiny.

3 eyes? Interesting design. I looks to the first promotional picture first time and think about 1 eye. But when I look to it very closely I can see other eye.

post-27009-0-71434800-1390547682_thumb.png

Aaaand with 3 eyes I like it, really. I never played Macross30 before and this mold looks very innovation and interesting to me. Can't wait for preorder price!

Edited by Hey-Pi-Ron

Re: the color, it's probably a fair assumption that the posted magazine scans are a little dark. The picture that David H posted shows that the shade might not be as light as the VF-25S but not as dark as the scans have shown.

I just plan to wait and see some newer or additional pictures for better details, especially the head sculpt which could be really awesome, or really not.

-b.

Look at the vertical stabilizer with the SMS logo that is visible on the Battroid. I think that is a pretty good indication of what the color will look like as it captures the light better in the picture.

post-265-0-01638800-1390567632_thumb.jpg

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I dunno about this one. I have the Isamu colored 29, but I'm not too big on the actual design of this valk as a whole. It just looks to spacy and quite anorexic. Especially when you compare it to the Arcadia 19, that's my idea of a good hefty/slim ratio. In either case, Ozma seems to need more lasers like he needs more cowbell in Firebomber music.

Sadly, a standard release. Preorders beginning middle of the freaking night. Like Monday at 2:00 EST. WHy does the standard release cost more than the Web exclusive Isamu O_o

●販売価格
18,360円

●発売日
2014年5月

●予約開始
2014年2月3日

Edited by Duymon

Sadly, a standard release. Preorders beginning middle of the freaking night. Like Monday at 2:00 EST. WHy does the standard release cost more than the Web exclusive Isamu O_o

●販売価格

18,360円

●発売日

2014年5月

●予約開始

2014年2月3日

Is this official then, 3 Feb (Monday) for the preorder?

The colors look good, and the head sculpt on it's own isn't too bad. But the new busy head with the already busy design of the 29 is just too much for me.

Also, I think Benson's right, the ear lasers are too widely spaced. It's not just that they're angled outward - the head is wider at that point, AND there're 2 layers of lasers hanging off.