Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Well I just started watching Macross Zero for the first time last night...so I'll see if my interest is peaked to get this when I see what it does in the show. B))

All it does in the show is get owned by Roy and his 0S.

Well I just started watching Macross Zero for the first time last night...so I'll see if my interest is peaked to get this when I see what it does in the show. B))

Literally, nothing. It'd not even the final hero mecha. The only reason it stood out for me when watching the series was that it was blue.

Perfectly nice airplane and design, but as far as show-appearances go, this is borderline above nothing.

Cool..hopefully can finish it up this week.

zero is an awkward juxaposition of some somewhat realistic mecha dogfights and some hocus pocus fantasy magic stuff....the latter shows up quite prominently in the story. most people wanted it to continue on and be sort of a more "grown up" mecha series. also it didn't help tha tthere are only 4 episodes and it took a LONG time between each episode before we saw the next. that being said i still like zero a lot.

So I should give up now???!!! Is Zero really that bad? :lol::blink: . I mean jeeez...I suffere---errr---made it through Mac 7! :rolleyes:

No way! I loved Zero. Yes it has it's flaws, as all the series do, but I found it great. Like Mechapilot77 said, it has some more realistic mecha fights in it...I think it suffered more from being too short....so it kind of feels rushed in the end...particularly from the quasi cliff-hangar ending of Ep. 3 to the start of 4.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

No way! I loved Zero. Yes it has it's flaws, as all the series do, but I found it great. Like Mechapilot77 said, it has some more realistic mecha fights in it...I think it suffered more from being too short....so it kind of feels rushed in the end...particularly from the quasi cliff-hangar ending of Ep. 3 to the start of 4.

Chris

It suffered from being stupid, zero likeable characters, wasted setting and a dumb flying eye.

I said My first Arcadia release. VF-19's mean nothzzing to me. NOTHIZZING!

Jenius was trying to let you know that the VF-0D was actually a Yamato product that moved to Arcadia after Yamato went defunct. That being said Graham had dropped a hint about it a while back before we all knew Yamato was going to sink.

zero is an awkward juxaposition of some somewhat realistic mecha dogfights and some hocus pocus fantasy magic stuff....the latter shows up quite prominently in the story. most people wanted it to continue on and be sort of a more "grown up" mecha series. also it didn't help tha tthere are only 4 episodes and it took a LONG time between each episode before we saw the next. that being said i still like zero a lot.

Things that appear to be magic are most of the time technology that is misunderstood. (Protoculture)

It has a beautiful underside for sure. All that it needs is a sliding panel on the backpack do hide the hands. ^_^

But, aren't the hands visible like that in the anime? I remember that being the case.

Finished episode 2 tonight. Loved the dogfight between Focker and Nora/Ivanov. I think that was their names...finally got to see the blue 0D on screen as well.

The Dogfights in Episode 3 & 5 are great too!

It suffered from being stupid, zero likeable characters, wasted setting and a dumb flying eye.

Your OPINION. Technically the whole concept of Macross and the magic of music is stupid but that's my OPINION.

Chris

Maybe I am a strange and stupid person, but I like Zero. It's prequel for space battles, for Zentradi and other stuff. Ancient legend and magic? Why not? It's a good choice for prequel. And we can see Focker's past, can see one of the favorite characters of the firs Macross series and learn his personality more. Zero is beautiful, have unique realistic style of VF's and other weapons, characters. All of this made a great atmosphere. This is not a masterpiece, no. Just a good series with great design and battle scenes. Not so great soundtrack, like other Macross series, but still good. I like it. And it's just my opinion.

And yes - design of VF-0 is my favorite. Beautiful and realistic. I know - most of people prefer YF-19, for example, or VF-25, but I LOVE VF-0 and I really glad about this VF-0D. I love this concept, I like prototype pictures, and I can't wait for pre-order.

Edited by Hey-Pi-Ron

Nothing strange about that. Personally I think Zero and Frontier are the best after SDF Macross.

WUT!!! :o - Macross Plus

Zero wasn't bad per say, and I agree that the mecha designs were pretty cool but something about it wasn't as engaging as some of the other Macross stories (IMO).

-b.

The test pilot aspect of Macross Plus struck a chord with me when it saw its US release on vhs. I love the design of the YF-19, and YF-21. I sat through Macross 7 not really knowing what it was about last year after finally finding a decent copy. I eagerly awaited seeing the VF-19 and VF-22 in action. I was so excited! So, so excited... :(

Edited by ChaoticYeti