Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

35 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

A real life Variations coffee shop, eh?

Well, yeah!:D

When you buy it by the pound it's like a Happy Meal. You get a toy inside!

Edited by sqidd

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

If they go under I wonder how much the buy out would be. I don't actually expect someone to have a value on it. Curious though. I wonder if someone in the USA could buy it but register it in Japan so HG wasn't an issue. There has to be a way of making that work. I'm getting bored with my current business. Maybe I need to roll the dice again at 48yrs old. Too late to start over again?:p Or maybe I need to finish my coffee before I start typing.:rofl:

@sqidd, new CEO of Arcadia? Hmmmm:D

When you guys buy Arcadia, can you also buy the old Beagle ride armor molds from whatever Chinese factory is holding them hostage? Thanks - 

EDIT - on the 0D release date, I'm pretty sure this is what happened at NY:
"Hey, did we get the 0D Weathering release in yet? It's 31/3 and I don't see them anywhere!"
"No, just update the system to show the end of April for those."

Edited by jenius

7 hours ago, jenius said:

When you guys buy Arcadia, can you also buy the old Beagle ride armor molds from whatever Chinese factory is holding them hostage? Thanks - 

Only if you'll be our VP of whatever you want to be called and consult on all product.  Of course, I would need the CEO to weigh in on that decision before we can extend an offer.

I'd be happy to take the CMO role @sqidd

Edit: LOL @jenius.  HLJ says April too, but I wouldn't doubt it for all of the companies.  Especially since AC kept their delay announcement open-ended.

Here’s what Arcadia said more specifically: “We have been aiming for a release this month as much as possible 
, but we would be grateful if you could understand that we can not present a clear release date because of this situation .” (Courtesy of Google translate.)

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

First out of the gate:

-1/35 scale VF-1S Higgy and Roy. Lots of metal.

-1/3000 scale PF TV SDF-1

-Larger Ride Armors. Something in that 10-12" height range.

-Fan favorite PO's. The fans want an Alaska Base VF-1? How about Destroids? Put a PO together with a threshold. If XXXX PO's aren't placed the project doesn't get done. Put it in the hands of the customer base to decide what they want by voting with their wallets. This is a little bit how I run my business. It works really well. At least for me.

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Arcadia is not allowed to go out of business until i get that VF-4 Hikaru. Hmmm the Vf-4 was yamato's last release wasn't it?

It was one of the last, but I think the VF-19P and VF-17D were released afterwards.  That would still make the VF-4 the last new mold they developed, though.

As a random addendum.. maybe this is a dumb question, but has the VF-0's main landing gear always retracted forwards? :huh:  Looking at photos, it looks like it's always been that way, both on the Yamato version and the Hasegawa kits.. but..  was this reversed by accident from the beginning?  If the gear retract forwards, there is literally no reason for the smaller front gear door that would stay open to let the strut protrude, while covering the larger part of the bay (which is something lots of carrier aircraft do).

Edited by Chronocidal

11 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I'll handle quality control with all the prototypes, first and random factory runs sent to me.

I'll also handle PR when people start complaining about delays and shipments.

:lol:

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

Will NY let you out of your contract?:rofl:

Oooooooooh Shots fired. :help:

I think you'd be great at that @Slave IV haha.

Having friends in manufacturing, I can tell you some of those issues come from the factory and miscommunications with them. That's the part of the toy business that seems like the biggest headache and risk. I call not being the guy that goes to China for several weeks each year and taking all the blame for any manufacturing mishaps.

Just got an email from NY stating that the date has been moved back again to May 31st, 2020. Oh man they may have me making it so I have to never do business with them again. 500.00 for the Valk, and I do want it, but WTF. I hope this doesn't signal a bad end for Arcadia.

Screenshot_2020-04-02 (13 unread) - alphahorizon yahoo com - Yahoo Mail - [Nippon-Yasan Com] Release Date Changed for a Pro[...].png

Edited by Alphahorizon

6 hours ago, Mommar said:

I have $900 tied up with those bastards.

$1720 here.:(

I hope Arcadia doesn't fold because that would suck.

I hope Arcadia doesn't fold because I would like to have those VF-0D's.

I hope the purchase insurance/protection I purchased through From Japan covers a company folding if it comes to that. I'm outside my 6mo recourse window. Is anyone familiar with how this works? Do the green shield icons mean I have the protection plan? Which one? I'm pretty sure that's Buyer Protection??? When I go to the purchasing plans page I'm not clear on if that covers the item never showing up at From Japan. It doesn't appear I have protection against that. Does anyone have insight? Or am I just missing something because it's way too early and I haven't had enough coffee? Thanks for you input.

VF-0D.jpg

16 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I don't usually bother when it comes to stuff bought new, but I guess this is one case for doing so.

I'd like to say I'm some sort of Profit. In reality I'm that paranoid guy who has backups for my backups. And everything is insured like crazy.

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Other than the 0D and the strike parts, my queue on preorders is clear at NY. The first time in over a decade. There're keeping hanging on with these final two items. Release me NY.

I cannot wait to be fully done with them.