Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

3 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

By being too expensive or too cheap? I thought they just flooded the market with variants and there just wasn’t enough interest in all of them. 

Flooding the market was probably their number one problem.

I see a lot of people around here calling for all sorts of "secondary" toys from the manufacturers. I suspect that the days of them happening are growing short if not already over. Arcadia certainly knows what befell Yamato and you can be sure Bandai isn't going to do the same thing. I suspect that things like VT-1's, VF-1D's, VF-1A CF's, Alaska Base, Angle Birds, Stealths, Low Vis, etc are most likely going to be a thing of the past.

I'd actually be surprised if we see GBP and M&M's from Bandai.

How easy would it be for Arcadia to do a SDF1 TV PF? Where is that at?

7 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Flooding the market was probably their number one problem.

I see a lot of people around here calling for all sorts of "secondary" toys from the manufacturers. I suspect that the days of them happening are growing short if not already over. Arcadia certainly knows what befell Yamato and you can be sure Bandai isn't going to do the same thing. I suspect that things like VT-1's, VF-1D's, VF-1A CF's, Alaska Base, Angle Birds, Stealths, Low Vis, etc are most likely going to be a thing of the past.

I'd actually be surprised if we see GBP and M&M's from Bandai.

How easy would it be for Arcadia to do a SDF1 TV PF? Where is that at?

While I think you are right about the non canon variants, I’m pretty sure we will see at least a bunch more canon versions including GBP from Bandai.  
As for tv sdf-1, I think it will require a lot of, if not completely new molds for Arcadia to do. 

13 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

While I think you are right about the non canon variants, I’m pretty sure we will see at least a bunch more canon versions including GBP from Bandai.  
As for tv sdf-1, I think it will require a lot of, if not completely new molds for Arcadia to do. 

It will be interesting to see what Bandai does. I think it's a sure bet we'll get a 1S Roy. But what after that? The Max isn't exactly a hot commodity. That may shy Bandai away from doing the others. I'm not trying to put the jinx on it. I would like to see Bandai do more stuff. I'm in for 1S Roy x3, TV M&M's with Supers x3 and GBP x1. But that would be it for me. I have zero desire for anything else. I suspect the fandom at large is probably between me and those that want one of everything that ever showed up on screen. 

Are the TV and DYRL SDF-1's that much different? I haven't looked that hard at them.

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It will be interesting to see what Bandai does. I think it's a sure bet we'll get a 1S Roy. But what after that? The Max isn't exactly a hot commodity. That may shy Bandai away from doing the others. I'm not trying to put the jinx on it. I would like to see Bandai do more stuff. I'm in for 1S Roy x3, TV M&M's with Supers x3 and GBP x1. But that would be it for me. I have zero desire for anything else. I suspect the fandom at large is probably between me and those that want one of everything that ever showed up on screen. 

Are the TV and DYRL SDF-1's that much different? I haven't looked that hard at them.

I think it would be a real di<K move if Bandai doesn’t at least release the Valks that go with the SSP inserts they included and made people jump through hoops to get. But yeah, it’s not unheard of. While 1A Max didn’t blow the shelves away, it still seems to have sold well enough that I think most retail stock is close to gone and that’s what Bandai cares about. I don’t need to remind everyone how much Max Valks jump in price once they sell out and it almost always has happened the same throughout the history of Max Valks. They my start off slower and then people who missed them and wait too long get bent over if they want it. It just reinforces that the margin between the most popular and least popular Valks is not that huge in the while scheme of things and the overall demand for any Macross product is quite low. 
The Sdf looks very similar at a glance but completely different when you really pay attention. 

What we know for sure.. Bandai WILL produce more valks:p

As far as the topic on hand, Arcadia, i think is awesome. They know way more than we do about Yamato's failings. (There ain't no market flooding going on here:lol:)

In the beginning, Arcadia got my money, and if i was still collecting 1/60's , I'd be selling body parts( someone else's :lol:) to own everything they've done. I've sold all of my Arcadia goodies now .Fortunately, i have most of what i want from Yamato already and I'm perfectly happy with that!

Edited by Bolt

Man, Bandai hasn't even completed any squadrons in the HMR line, which is supposed to be the "most complete" Macross toy line. 

With Bandai, just because they previewed it doesn't mean it will ever be released. 

So I'm not praising Bandai for jack until I have a preorder.

14 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Man, Bandai hasn't even completed any squadrons in the HMR line, which is supposed to be the "most complete" Macross toy line. 

With Bandai, just because they previewed it doesn't mean it will ever be released. 

So I'm not praising Bandai for jack until I have a preorder.

I'm new to this. but these are my thoughts too. If they can't fill out the HMR's. Do we really think they're going to fill out 1/48's?

Oh the horrible things I would do for a HMR Tomahawk......or seven.

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Yep. Night and day. I much prefer the DYRL version myself.

Same here. But it really would be nice to have an Arcadia produced TV SDF-1 to display it beside their DYRL SDF-1. I think the closest way to do that is thru the Hasegawa kits. I know the TV kit is not that TV accurate but style-wise, it really goes together with the DYRL.

Ok. That’s my last say on that. Don’t want to derail the topic anymore. ;) 

Well, all things considered, 2019 was a quiet year from both Bandai and Arcadia--not too many releases compared to 2018 and 2017.

Here's hoping to more Macross in 2020.:drinks: 

An Arcadia made TV SDF-1 would be a cool surprise for sure, but I will also take that VT-1 that was teased by Mr. K. Apart from that, finally getting the VF-0A brownie would be fun.

If Arcadia makes it, it will be super expensive.

If Bandai makes it, it will be cheaper, but will be super hard to obtain a PO because Bandai will allocate like 3 units to each retailer. Also, Daedalus and Prometheus will be sold separately as a web exclusive for 10k yen. Each. And with no opening hatch on the Daedalus because Bandai doesn't do internal details.

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

If Arcadia makes it, it will be super expensive.

If Bandai makes it, it will be cheaper, but will be super hard to obtain a PO because Bandai will allocate like 3 units to each retailer. Also, Daedalus and Prometheus will be sold separately as a web exclusive for 10k yen. Each. And with no opening hatch on the Daedalus because Bandai doesn't do internal details.

Don't forget ALL THE TAMPO!:rofl:

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I really love this, I probably even $350 love it, but I don't $450~$500 love it.  :( RIP

Agreed. I gave Mr. K a heads up about possible cracks on the fingers and wrist joints and he's aware of it . So hopefully, people's $450 valk will not spontaneously crack after a few years. 

6 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

Agreed. I gave Mr. K a heads up about possible cracks on the fingers and wrist joints and he's aware of it . So hopefully, people's $450 valk will not spontaneously crack after a few years. 

Hmm, when did you inform him of that?