Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

My thoughts exactly, I'd wish it was "sleeker" (maybe longer) in fighter mode, that's my perferred mode in displaying them anyways. However from the new YF-19, it seems as though Arcadia does favour the Battroid proportions over the fighter proportions -too bad ;( I'd still get one anyways - unless its ridiculously priced. I just hope its a greyer less saturated blue than a bright blue when they talk about colours.

I don't think longer is the problem. I'm thinking more in the verticle sense. It's too thick.

Always enjoy seeing prototype and progress pictures. Besides the chunkiness as a stand-out feature (and I too favor sleek designs or implementations of such) there are a LOT of pointy bits hanging off of that plane.

I hope they test, test, test and then test some more to make sure those parts hold-up, similar to the pic that David posted above.

-b.

Perhaps our MW fellows who had the prototype in front of them can tell us how chunky it looked in person.

IMO it's not possible to draw conclusions about that matter only by looking at an angled picture of a magazine picture whose page is not properly flat. I'd rather look back at the much better older photos like this one:

post-12283-0-04722000-1403548287_thumb.jpg

It's not an easy thing to get right but I also think the Battroid is a bit too squat. The legs are too short really. The Masterfile book shows what happens if you have the legs longer, however, as the sings come down to almost the ankles in Battroid. That would also affect the sizes of the chest and back plates since the back plate would need to extend farther back to match longer legs too.

Even still, the intake's seem kind of oversized. Maybe the head a bit too. It may all look way better in color in the end as well.

I forgot it was cool to whine about prototype pics and panic when the wind blows. That said, I'll wait till some finalize pics come out.

Edited by Jasonc

Meh. Intakes aren't as deep, the secondary intakes aren't flush with the boundary layer splitter, and the nose is too sharp in comparison to the art. All fatal flaws. Cancelling my pre-order at once!

I'll make a pre-order just to cancel it!

Guest davidwhangchoi

I think it's because it's all white that it looks that bulky. Once they paint it it should break up the form a bit.

yeah agree, white shirts makes people look wider, black slimmer. so i guess it applies to valks as well

The detail looks good, just wished the fan blades were sunk into the intakes a bit more, no reason why they had to have it right at the face with that big block of plastic below the fan blades. Arcadia doesn't seem to have much luck with intakes lately - the top lip of the YF-19 intakes is my biggest gripe.

Indeed. I wish they'd come up with a better way to hide the gerwalk joint, so they could recess those fan blades more.

Seems to plague all of the 1/60 valkyries: yamato, bandai & arcadia.

It's worst on the VF-19's though, when they just said "F it!" and left the covers permanently on.

Edited by Kelsain

Indeed. I wish they'd come up with a better way to hide the gerwalk joint, so they could recess those fan blades more.

Seems to plague all of the 1/60 valkyries: yamato, bandai & arcadia.

It's worst on the VF-19's though, when they just said "F it!" and left the covers permanently on.

In addition you need space for the hip joint which is more problematic than the Gerwalk-joint.

[edit:] I think the way the VF-19 hip joints where designed was the major reason not to include removable intake cover.

Edited by Scyla

I stil think the dorkiest looking intakes were on the SV-51, since it didn't come with any covers to hide the tiny little compressor blades. :p

I like the attention to detail with the included intakes, but I personally don't ever remove the intake covers on anything anyway. I hate having to track down extra pieces just to transform things correctly, so leaving the covers in saves a step there. I just think they look better than the shallow intakes.

Ugh, I'm looking forward to this so much that I probably want to get two, but I realize my collection of valks is hitting critical mass. I might have to sell off some duplicates if I don't move into a house with some place to display/store them all.

The detail looks good, just wished the fan blades were sunk into the intakes a bit more, no reason why they had to have it right at the face with that big block of plastic below the fan blades. Arcadia doesn't seem to have much luck with intakes lately - the top lip of the YF-19 intakes is my biggest gripe.

In your opinion, which 1/60 Macross toys have it right - Arcadia or not?

In your opinion, which 1/60 Macross toys have it right - Arcadia or not?

i think the 1/60 vf-1 is the perfect valk ever. the intakes are perfect.

I completely agree, but the fan blades are in exactly the same position than the VF-0's ones.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I completely agree, but the fan blades are in exactly the same position than the VF-0's ones.

i don't think they are in the same exact position but they may be close. but the zero looks worse bc it's much wider and blocky by design closer to the 1/48s in size and sv-51 intakes. vf-1 v.2 look sleek in comparison.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

The intakes and fan blades of the YF-21/VF-22 look good too. It's the only valk that I take the intake covers off when in fighter mode.

All the other valks stay with the covers on. So it's no big deal for me.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica