Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Hasegawa kits count as canon now? That's the only reference I know of for the 0B.

Probably not, but then why Hasegawa invented something like a 0B?

'Cause it's too easy to produce; put A wings on D Body and Voila!

I hope Arcadia is as lazy as Hasegawa and will make a 0B too :D

Edited by charger69

These D type wings are so modular :D

It's really more than that though, the entire lower leg from the S/A design needs to be replaced before the wings will line up and attach properly, not to mention the fins on the intakes.

On the other hand, the backpack still seems to have the stubs where the S/A tails would slot in, but the slots look plugged up.

Or the other way round:

Delta or variable sweep wing plane body

+

1 or 2 seater fuselage

+

Head unit of your choice

=

VF-0A/B/C/D/S

It would also take more than just this as the lower inner calves are different to accommodate the different stabilizers between the two types of planes. Plus the hips are shaped different and would require attachment points for the smaller forward stabilizers on the Delta that aren't on the swept wing fighters.

That would require a ton of dismantling and parts-swapping. I like the idea, but no way it's happening.

MY main complaint with Arcadia thus far is the lack of paint detail. They seem to be skipping out a bit which is a letdown.

If they are going to charge a premium they need to produce a premium product.

MY main complaint with Arcadia thus far is the lack of paint detail. They seem to be skipping out a bit which is a letdown.

If they are going to charge a premium they need to produce a premium product.

I guess Arcadia opts for only including those markings that are being shown all the time in the animation. I can't understand, for example, why they didn't print the triangle marking on the chest of the new YF-19. Even on the Yamato Gnu-Do it is included.l *shrug*

If they were to do premium edition versions of the toys where everything was tampo printed I would probably buy it.

The 30th anniversary VF-1 though with all the colors of the rainbow? Naaah. not my thing.

Maybe they should do a poll asking how much collectors would pay to have a toy where you didn't have to add the stickers and do limited run of these for the lazy people like me? I find it annoying to do personally. And then there is the problem of them rubbing off easily over time. I could make an exception for VF-17 though since it is a stealth valk and having logos would be stupid. The marking would not make sense.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

two things you say that are mutualy exclusive are tampo printing and limited run. The cliché(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pad_printing) is very expensive, the smaller the run the greater the cost per unit. If you make a 100,000 units like a star wars toy, the cost per unit becomes negligible. But for under 5,000 unit runs like for Macross, its cost prohibitive.

If they were to do premium edition versions of the toys where everything was tampo printed I would probably buy it.

The 30th anniversary VF-1 though with all the colors of the rainbow? Naaah. not my thing.

Maybe they should do a poll asking how much collectors would pay to have a toy where you didn't have to add the stickers and do limited run of these for the lazy people like me? I find it annoying to do personally. And then there is the problem of them rubbing off easily over time. I could make an exception for VF-17 though since it is a stealth valk and having logos would be stupid. The marking would not make sense.

Edited by Bariaburu Faita

Is that why they don't do the tampo printing? That the toys are limited run in general? I always wondered why they don't do the simple stuff like for instance way back when the konig monster came out I was unhappy that they didn't print the two eyeballs symbls on the sides. So I guess we can just put it down to them being a smaller company?

you may think its simple, but to do that an expensive metal rig has to be built that fits flush to the side of the monsters face, just to print that one detail.

Is that why they don't do the tampo printing? That the toys are limited run in general? I always wondered why they don't do the simple stuff like for instance way back when the konig monster came out I was unhappy that they didn't print the two eyeballs symbls on the sides. So I guess we can just put it down to them being a smaller company?

It would also take more than just this as the lower inner calves are different to accommodate the different stabilizers between the two types of planes. Plus the hips are shaped different and would require attachment points for the smaller forward stabilizers on the Delta that aren't on the swept wing fighters.

That would require a ton of dismantling and parts-swapping. I like the idea, but no way it's happening.

What I mean is that, for example, you need with an 0A AND a 0D, then just swap the fuselage, fit a head unit, you can have a 0C and 0B.

I don't like "no steps" and as hilarious as some of the Engrish is, I just don't want it on my Valk. Basically what they're doing works out for me personally but that's all my tastes. I wouldnt mind the little triangle and "beware of blast" or "intake" though...but that's it. Skulls, kites, and numbers are required as far as I'm concerned.

I don't like "no steps" and as hilarious as some of the Engrish is, I just don't want it on my Valk. Basically what they're doing works out for me personally but that's all my tastes. I wouldnt mind the little triangle and "beware of blast" or "intake" though...but that's it. Skulls, kites, and numbers are required as far as I'm concerned.

Totally agree. I think as far as the VF-1 they got it right on the first v.2 valks.

^^Agree - me three.

The only thing I'd add is that the tampo printing on the Cannon Fodder VF-1J and Cannon Fodder TV and Movie VF-1A's were outstanding compared to some of those first run v2 1/60 Valks.

-b.

Or the other way round:

Delta or variable sweep wing plane body

+

1 or 2 seater fuselage

+

Head unit of your choice

=

VF-0A/B/C/D/S

You know what would be awesome with this, is if they had an order form you could fill out and choose the grey, white, or blue color, and it came with all stickers/decals. I'd buy so many of them... Yes, I know, wishful thinking.

Edited by Jasonc

Guest davidwhangchoi

noob question: is the 0d compatible with a ghost booster (in the masterfile books or those who have knowledge on the plane)?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

noob question: is the 0d compatible with a ghost booster (in the masterfile books or those who have knowledge on the plane)?

That would be a sight to see! Though because of the wing designs 0S/A vs. the 0D configuration and how the Ghost rides piggyback on it, a special adapter system would be needed. If it can be done, I'll definitely put my Ghost on the 0D!

The ghost attaches via two pylons that connect the belly of the ghost to the top of the backpack. The canards on the ghost also fold down and hook into slots cut into the fuel tanks on the back. All that would work the same on the 0D and the 0S/A. The only area where the 0D might not work is the tail planes. On the VF-0S/A the tails fit into slots in the ghost's wings. Because the 0D's tails are a different shape and in a different location, they might interfere with the ghost's wings.

Guest davidwhangchoi

thanks! i wonder if Kamamori thought for the ghost to go with the 0D

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'd be surprised if he didn't,

yeah, i pulled my ghost b from a sale thread in case it does fit like the fold booster did for the 19 :)

Kind of jonesing for some more pictures or something, 2015 just feels like a long time to wait for a new "thing" from Arcadia. I get why and don't have a problem with what appears to be a more modest release schedule, it's just my itch to buy something new.

Moar new pics please.

-b.

Here are some pictures of my 1/72 VF-0D & Ghost. I used some foam for the Ghost to rest on. If Arcadia could design the the rear Stabilizers to fold-in at the just the right angle, it should fit without any issues. B))

post-6180-0-89809200-1398310805_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-53958200-1398310812_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-37080300-1398310819_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-67347200-1398310826_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-58397500-1398310836_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-09837300-1398310843_thumb.jpg

Edited by 505thAirborne

Guest davidwhangchoi

Here are some pictures of my 1/72 VF-0D & Ghost. I used some foam for the Ghost to rest on. If Arcadia could design the the rear Stabilizers to fold-in at the just the right angle, it should fit without any issues. B))

drool...

Cool. By the way, a little bit more of dust and you won't be needing the foam :lol: