Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

My VF-0D from NY arrived today. And I'm really impressed with the weathering done on this toy, its just so pretty! :yahoo:

For the asking price it is worth every dime. This is how Arcadia should have done premium finish from day 1 on their Macross items, instead of just putting tampo prints that should be there in first place on their normal items.  

10 minutes ago, MKT said:

My VF-0D from NY arrived today. And I'm really impressed with the weathering done on this toy, its just so pretty! :yahoo:

For the asking price it is worth every dime. This is how Arcadia should have done premium finish from day 1 on their Macross items, instead of just putting tampo prints that should be there in first place on their normal items.  

Here's hoping Arcadia releases more toys with this level of care and detail. Expensive, yes, but nothing Bandai has done comes close to the PF 0D. :p

Getting really amped about all the good feedback on this release. I already know the Arcadia VF-0S is one of my favorites ever and it sounds like this is as good or better with a definite better paint job so I’m going to have a big smile when I get it. Bring on the 0As!

It's a good thing Calibre Wings announced their Macross Zero F-14. Although it is on different scale, it will look great displayed with this VF-0D & VF-0A, as sort of to show off the evolution of Shin's ride from F-14 to the VF-0A, also representing the evolution from real fighters to the valkyries. The VF-0A will stick out a bit though, as the plane-jane mech in this group in terms of paint job..

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Here's hoping Arcadia releases more toys with this level of care and detail. Expensive, yes, but nothing Bandai has done comes close to the PF 0D. :p

Agreed. Nothing interested me about Arcadia’s PF or the price until this release. I was able to preorder this, find Ivanov with correct leg at MSRP, and find PF Roy at MSRP or like $10 above. Totally worth it to grab all them. This thing is impressive. Roy should’ve been done like this.

7 hours ago, MKT said:

It's a good thing Calibre Wings announced their Macross Zero F-14. Although it is on different scale, it will look great displayed with this VF-0D & VF-0A, as sort of to show off the evolution of Shin's ride from F-14 to the VF-0A, also representing the evolution from real fighters to the valkyries. The VF-0A will stick out a bit though, as the plane-jane mech in this group in terms of paint job..

Yeah pity shins f-14 is a 1/72 otherwise it would be perfect with the other 1/60 arcadias. Not too far off anyway in scale.

The VF-0a is one of my favourite valks (inspite of the bum hip) because of the light blue scheme. In a sea of white, red, blue, yellow valks, the 0a appeals to me for being quite navy-ish and unique in macross valk-dom.

Repeatedly sent tickets to NY asking them to change my shipping to UPS and they finally replied yesterday. Paid the additional fee and whaddya know I got an email notification that the package shipped and will be delivered tomorrow!?!  Happy but pissed that I had to put so much effort into getting a company to first reply to me and second send me the item I paid for. AND they still haven’t replied to my other tickets about the DX VF Strike Parts I preordered in November!

7 minutes ago, sjoebarry said:

Repeatedly sent tickets to NY asking them to change my shipping to UPS and they finally replied yesterday. Paid the additional fee and whaddya know I got an email notification that the package shipped and will be delivered tomorrow!?!  Happy but pissed that I had to put so much effort into getting a company to first reply to me and second send me the item I paid for. AND they still haven’t replied to my other tickets about the DX VF Strike Parts I preordered in November!

Man I'm jealous. They are currently ignoring my three tickets to switch to UPS, the third one made with the exact title they requested. Was really hoping it would be my review item for next week.... doesn't seem likely at this point.

29 minutes ago, jenius said:

Man I'm jealous. They are currently ignoring my three tickets to switch to UPS, the third one made with the exact title they requested. Was really hoping it would be my review item for next week.... doesn't seem likely at this point.

Hi Jenius, I got an email from them (and I think you did too) asking me to submit a new ticket with the exact title "Change Shipping Method", and that seemed to have worked.  Got a payment request yesterday afternoon, which I paid for immediately, and got a shipment notice and UPS tracking number this morning.

Hope you'll get yours soon.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

Took me 3 tickets to get a response for one item and 2 tickets for another item. Seems like your mileage will vary.

4 hours ago, jenius said:

I think the title of your inquiry should be whatever that is on the email plus "All hail SlaveIV!" Then, they will expedite your request as they now assume you know their CEO/owner Slave-yon sama. 

:Djust ribbing on you SlaveIV as I tried real hard not to but couldn't resist it. :p

Edited by crackpot

10 minutes ago, crackpot said:

I think the title of your inquiry should be whatever that is on the email plus "All hail SlaveIV!" Then, they will expedite your request as they now assume you know their CEO/owner Slave-yon sama. 

:Djust ribbing on you SlaveIV as I tried real hard not to but couldn't resist it. :p

I would like to direct further NY discussion here:

:hi::pardon::aggressive:

:rofl:

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

7 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Haha, all good! Only thing is I hope they really do give me some perks because of all this sometime. My 0D did ship a while ago without me asking anything so there is that...

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, all good! Only thing is I hope they really do give me some perks because of all this sometime. My 0D did ship a while ago without me asking anything so there is that...

I KNEW IT!!!!:p:rofl:

2 minutes ago, sjoebarry said:

Anybody have a translated version of the manual yet?  I tried a translation app but it just gave me back jibberish

How about watching the transformation video in English?;)

Will only make this the one post..

So I finally made some progress with NY. After 20+ messages back and forth I got an invoice for the upgrade to UPS shipping since EMS isn't shipping to my region at the moment. The additional cost was 9400 yen on top of what I had already paid for EMS (6500 yen) making the total cost of postage about 16,000 yen or $215 Aussie dollars on top of the $600 I paid for the VF-0D making it an over $800 exercise. The order has now been shipped and hopefully arrives sometime next week.

This bloody toy better be good when it arrives! 

28 minutes ago, spanner said:

Will only make this the one post..

So I finally made some progress with NY. After 20+ messages back and forth I got an invoice for the upgrade to UPS shipping since EMS isn't shipping to my region at the moment. The additional cost was 9400 yen on top of what I had already paid for EMS (6500 yen) making the total cost of postage about 16,000 yen or $215 Aussie dollars on top of the $600 I paid for the VF-0D making it an over $800 exercise. The order has now been shipped and hopefully arrives sometime next week.

This bloody toy better be good when it arrives! 

a Sales rep from Fedex or DHL really need to give N-Y a call.  I don't see how they can not offer a better shipping rate than the current UPS one.  

46 minutes ago, F360 said:

a Sales rep from Fedex or DHL really need to give N-Y a call.  I don't see how they can not offer a better shipping rate than the current UPS one.  

The secret is most of their shipping is marked up, because that's part of where they get their profit from.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Other than the triangle gap filler on the back of knees in fighter mode carried over from the VF-0A & 0S, I just only noticed another difference between the normal VF-0D & all subsequent VF-0 releases: The gun in fighter mode is mounted further forward, and looks to be to allow the arrestor hook to fully swing down without being blocked by the gun.  

17 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yuuuup! This.

I think this is my favorite Valk of the recent era. If they maintain this level of quality, my wallet is screwed too 

I’m telling you! Arcadia VF-0s are the $hit! (starting with the 0S that fixed a few issues). I really hope the 0A is next but I’m also kinda hoping they reissue the 19 Kai special set in PF. Those and a Max 1S would be my top three Arcadia wishlist. 

8 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I’m telling you! Arcadia VF-0s are the $hit! (starting with the 0S that fixed a few issues). I really hope the 0A is next but I’m also kinda hoping they reissue the 19 Kai special set in PF. Those and a Max 1S would be my top three Arcadia wishlist. 

Dude. I would cream myself if it were the 19 Kai LOL

8 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Dude. I would cream myself if it were the 19 Kai LOL

I want to like those but they look like cheap kids toys to me. Not to mention Kai is sponsored by McDonald's!:bad::p

Yamato-VF-19KS-6.jpg

Man, I hope we see the PF VT-1 that was teased months back. That would be a grail/unicorn release for me. Beyond that, I would love to see Arcadia show us upgraded PF versions of Shin’s VF-0A and Nora’s SV-51. The M0 mass production fighters would be different and super tempting as well.

Don’t know how viable it is, but all this talk about M7 has me thinking about a tweaked PF VF-11B/11C. It may be a long shot, but I can imagine something fantastic.

And if they were to bother with the VF-11, then...perhaps...MAXL??

9 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I passed this 0D cause I'm low on funds right now, but the VF-0S is the best valk out there. My 0A has no issues either (bought some replacement spheres from shapeways just in case but so far so good)

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I want to like those but they look like cheap kids toys to me. Not to mention Kai is sponsored by McDonald's!:bad::p

Yamato-VF-19KS-6.jpg

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Lol, I don’t care! I want it alllllll! 

It matches Macross 7’s cheesy-ness perfectly.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Do you want fries with that?:rofl::yahoo:

20200711_122611.png