Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

1 hour ago, pafy6285 said:

that's somewhat expected though not having a new date is a bummer. Hopefully N-Y (where I ordered) is alive by then as it seems there's a number of PP claims/chargebacks from their customers the past few months due to their logistics issue (specifically in Europe).

I know I read here that they asked for payment before Arcadia officially announced the delay. Slick move. If that's the case, they should have used that money to pay for the POs of the 0D because if not, well, shame on them (as always). What would lead for the customers from Europe to file chargebacks? NY didn't offer an alternate shipping method? For me, a chargeback is the last option so it would seem these people were pushed to resort to it.

Always these conspiracy theories against NY. It is normal operating procedure for them to ask for payment about a month before release. That’s when they requested payment for this, as usual. As for the delay announcement that came after they asked for payment, you can speculate if they knew it was coming or not but I think some people think these businesses have a lot more time to deal with these minor scams than it’s worth. I don’t like paying early for anything either but I have no problem when it sometimes happens. 

23 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Always these conspiracy theories against NY. It is normal operating procedure for them to ask for payment about a month before release. That’s when they requested payment for this, as usual. As for the delay announcement that came after they asked for payment, you can speculate if they knew it was coming or not but I think some people think these businesses have a lot more time to deal with these minor scams than it’s worth. I don’t like paying early for anything either but I have no problem when it sometimes happens. 

We don't need you coming to their defense everytime somebody had a bad experience with them. Your positive experience doesn't trump other's negative experience or needs to be brought up everytime somebody tells theirs. As much as you think it's conspiracy theory that NY didn't know, it can be said the same for what you may think. Because, I don't have proof on what I may think and neither do you. 

I'm more interested in what pushed the customers from Europe to file a chargeback.

6 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Haven't shipped mine either.

I'm debating asking for a refund, though I know I'll just end up with weird store credit.

Yeah, don't ever do that.  Their store credit is just funny money that doesn't work like it should.

You can't apply it to shipping, and you can't buy anything with it that doesn't use the entire amount.  The one time I used it, I had to literally order a candy bar with my order before they would let me use the store credit to purchase it.

It's not worth the stupid hassle.

Although just got an email from NY saying the new release date is end of April.. so that's just another month. If that's just a random date that NY has put just to keep their customers quiet for a bit can't be certain but I hope it's a somewhat accurate. After paying what I did for the bloody thing is certainly want it to be.

4 hours ago, spanner said:

Although just got an email from NY saying the new release date is end of April.. so that's just another month. If that's just a random date that NY has put just to keep their customers quiet for a bit can't be certain but I hope it's a somewhat accurate. After paying what I did for the bloody thing is certainly want it to be.

I did mine through HLJ because I ordered a bit late and have more confidence that they will ship timely (but dayyuuuum they are more expensive than the NY listing).  Anyway, they have April as the new date as well.

8 hours ago, Slave IV said:

8 hours ago, crackpot said:

We don't need you coming to their defense everytime somebody had a bad experience with them. Your positive experience doesn't trump other's negative experience or needs to be brought up everytime somebody tells theirs. As much as you think it's conspiracy theory that NY didn't know, it can be said the same for what you may think. Because, I don't have proof on what I may think and neither do you. 

I'm more interested in what pushed the customers from Europe to file a chargeback.

I encourage you hooligans to take this over to the wonderful thread I started: 

We've gone on NY tangents too much in threads that I just want to read about the topic at hand.  We're not there yet by any means with these comments, but just a friendly reminder so that we don't start down that rabbit hole again. :pardon:

I paid for mine on 12-10-19. I have until May to cancel. If they push it back, I might cancel as I’m not going through the VF-31 debacle again.

I tried to cancel a figurarts preorder that I had prepaid due to delays n they tried to tell me they don’t refund prepaid items. 

needless to say I opened a paypal case. It says they will cancel all my preorders. If I file a claim but be my guest. I have like 2k in merchandise I paid for already.

2 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

I paid for mine on 12-10-19. I have until May to cancel. If they push it back, I might cancel as I’m not going through the VF-31 debacle again.

I tried to cancel a figurarts preorder that I had prepaid due to delays n they tried to tell me they don’t refund prepaid items. 

needless to say I opened a paypal case. It says they will cancel all my preorders. If I file a claim but be my guest. I have like 2k in merchandise I paid for already.

w/ NY? They are going to cancel all of your orders and refund all of your money.

6 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

We've gone on NY tangents too much in threads that I just want to read about the topic at hand.  We're not there yet by any means with these comments, but just a friendly reminder so that we don't start down that rabbit hole again. :pardon:

But, but. Complaining about things it what we do best as a collective.:rofl:

9 hours ago, Slave IV said:

just to quickly answer this, check out the NY thread from MFC: https://myfigurecollection.net/threads.v4.php?mode=view&threadId=16848&page=55#c-77088874

Note that's the 2nd/latest thread for N-Y there as the first one reached its page limit. Some of the history is also on the last few pages of the first thread: https://myfigurecollection.net/threads.v4.php?mode=view&threadId=3602&current=keywords&replyId=0&page=100

To summarize many of the packages for European customers were stuck or still stuck with N-Y's logistics partner there for almost 3 months and seems to be still not resolved. Thus customers there resorted to PP claims, etc. This issue also seems to also affect other non-European orders (domino effect?)

Edited by pafy6285

IMO, N-Y deserves all the flak they get. I sat quiet during the VF-31A fiasco like a good consumer and didn't speak out. I sat quiet when those of us who pre-ordered 1st run DX Super/Strike Parts at N-Y almost a year ago were given the 2nd run "delay" whammy. White knighting the store (any store) seems plain silly to me and gas lighting the experience of other members seems misplaced. For my part, I don't doubt other people here have had good luck in avoiding N-Y service issues. That doesn't mean they don't exist. And I have months and months of order delays on record that show they do exist. It's one of the reasons why I didn't buy my PF VF-0D from them, and it's one of the reasons why my DX Super/Strike Parts order is my last order with them. 

Anyway, just my two bits. 

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Just going to put this right here.... again... only several comments later.  :5:

Haha, thanks @DYRL VF-1S and sorry, I’m just going to respond to this. 

9 hours ago, crackpot said:

I said exactly the same thing about there not being proof either way, which is why none of us “need” to keep hearing about the same accusations over and over again. As long as these threads get interrupted with negative posts about a place that I’ve used hundreds of times with all positive results, I’m going to share it because there are always new eyes on these forums. 
Now, the situation with some European customers seems unfortunate but I have no idea about that because I don’t live in Europe so it’s great if people who do want to talk about that in the thread @DYRL VF-1S made. 
I’ve had bad experiences with other shops and guess what?...I don’t use them anymore and I don’t mention them unless people specifically ask about them. When I do answer about them, I just give the facts about what happened in my experience and leave it up to the person who asked to decide if they want to go with them or not. 

Now, can we kindly just sit back and wait for this to be released so we can see some pictures and talk about the figure? Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Now, can we kindly just sit back and wait for this to be released so we can see some pictures and talk about the figure? Thanks!

I'm really stoked about the 0D.  If they put the detail into this and care that they did for the SDF-1, this will be unbelievable.  The SDF-1 PF is a grail.  Period.  And worth every penny.  If the 0D PF translates well in a Valk, it would have the DX 1/48 beat.

42 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I'm really stoked about the 0D.  If they put the detail into this and care that they did for the SDF-1, this will be unbelievable.  The SDF-1 PF is a grail.  Period.  And worth every penny.  If the 0D PF translates well in a Valk, it would have the DX 1/48 beat.

Yeah, before the DX VF-1 came out, I was always saying the Arcadia 0S was the best Valk toy ever made. I still think it's a tossup in some areas but objectively, must say the DX has a slight edge. With PF treatment, the 0D will have a significant edge in the finish department but either way, more awesome toys for me is a great thing and I don't need to worry about which one is better because I will have them all!:D

15 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

because I will have them all!

YESSS that's the attitude.  Love it.  I'm on that trajectory over the last year it seems.  haha.  But I don't think I could ever catch up to what you and other vets here have acquired.  Wish I would have discovered all of this awesomeness at least 10 - 15 years ago.

34 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

YESSS that's the attitude.  Love it.  I'm on that trajectory over the last year it seems.  haha.  But I don't think I could ever catch up to what you and other vets here have acquired.  Wish I would have discovered all of this awesomeness at least 10 - 15 years ago.

I think a lot of the vets aren't displaying everything they have. I'm under the impression you're doing the same thing as me. Everything gets displayed. That's limiting if that's what you're holding yourself to.

I'd be curious who the top dogs are in the "Displayed" category.

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

I think a lot of the vets aren't displaying everything they have. I'm under the impression you're doing the same thing as me. Everything gets displayed. That's limiting if that's what you're holding yourself to.

Yes, agreed.  I'm definitely going that route 100%.  What I can't display, I tend to sell.  However, there's a cool display philosophy that you should/can rotate your display every few months to keep it fresh.  I know there will be Valks and items that I'll want to keep but won't have room without it being cluttered.  The key is to schedule time to rotate displays.  In a sense, that's what I'm doing now.

And as far as actually displaying, have you seen @tekering's ?  Man....unreal.  That's a man with a display room.  Though it's probably best to see that / post that in a thread like this to stay on topic here: 

46 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yeah, I took a hiatus for a while so I missed a lot and I have a policy of not going back on anything I missed if I couldn't find or order it myself at retail unless I find deals that I can't pass up (thanks Mandarake!).

9 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Yeah, there is no way I could display everything I had unless I open a museum (something that has been discussed and would love to do someday). I did add another policy of not buying anything I don't plan to open and display but I haven't been able to keep up with that rule and it doesn't apply to duplicates...which puts me deeper into my situation of having more stuff than I can deal with.

Those displays by @tekering and others are incredible though. I think @Kicker773 might just have the title of top dog from what I've seen as far as pure quantity.

13 hours ago, sqidd said:

Indefinite release date. Bummer but not unexpected. I hope between the SV-51 and this we don't lose Arcadia.

NY sucks:D

I'm worried you may be right @sqidd. Arcadia isn't nearly as big as Bandai to be able to absorb what repercussions this pandemic is going to (and already has in some instances) do to smaller manufacturers.

Guys, NY sent me a mail telling me that the new date Of 0D PF release  will be april 30 2020, is that true????

6D59A220-95CC-47EC-B059-EF95FC99BF40.png

13 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

I'm worried you may be right @sqidd. Arcadia isn't nearly as big as Bandai to be able to absorb what repercussions this pandemic is going to (and already has in some instances) do to smaller manufacturers.

If they go under I wonder how much the buy out would be. I don't actually expect someone to have a value on it. Curious though. I wonder if someone in the USA could buy it but register it in Japan so HG wasn't an issue. There has to be a way of making that work. I'm getting bored with my current business. Maybe I need to roll the dice again at 48yrs old. Too late to start over again?:p Or maybe I need to finish my coffee before I start typing.:rofl:

58 minutes ago, sqidd said:

If they go under I wonder how much the buy out would be. I don't actually expect someone to have a value on it. Curious though. I wonder if someone in the USA could buy it but register it in Japan so HG wasn't an issue. There has to be a way of making that work. I'm getting bored with my current business. Maybe I need to roll the dice again at 48yrs old. Too late to start over again?:p Or maybe I need to finish my coffee before I start typing.:rofl:

Or maybe, just maybe you can do both! Coffee and a new business.