Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Just now, Lolicon said:

Yeah the exchange rate sucks right now. I'm hesitant to order anything currently. My next round of POs to pay for won't be till late April, so I'm hoping the exchange improves by then.

I have a few orders at NY with April 1 payment due dates so I'm going to wait it out and hope it gets better by then. Of course, it could get a lot worse but I'll take that risk.

7 minutes ago, jenius said:

Man, I can't remember the last time I had this little PO'ed. 

I bet!  My problem is that I'll start trying to catch up on missed things and wind up paying the go-back-in-time tax (a.k.a. Aftermarket Markup).  I had no interest in the Arcadia Zero stuff and then BAM. A PF 0S, SV-51, and PO for PF 0D later...  At least I snagged a PO for 0D and won't be paying the markup for that but sheesh it's expensive enough on its own.

11 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Heck, those April POs might be delayed, since all that stuff is (like those MB Zakus) are built in China.

Yeah, but we all know NY isn't going to care about that. When they give you a payment date, you gotta pay or risk losing your order. Fine with me though.

1 minute ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I bet!  My problem is that I'll start trying to catch up on missed things and wind up paying the go-back-in-time tax (a.k.a. Aftermarket Markup).  I had no interest in the Arcadia Zero stuff and then BAM. A PF 0S, SV-51, and PO for PF 0D later...  At least I snagged a PO for 0D and won't be paying the markup for that but sheesh it's expensive enough on its own.

Haha, yeah these Zero Valks are bank! It's a bit insane that I am willing to pay the price they ask for a single figure with little to no second thought about it.

11 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yep. Unlike Yamato, Arcadia wants to stay in business, so we get only a few releases in small batches, and if you miss out, they get super expensive on the secondary market. So it's not unlike Bandai releases, except the original starting price is much higher. :wacko:

15 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, yeah these Zero Valks are bank! It's a bit insane that I am willing to pay the price they ask for a single figure with little to no second thought about it.

5 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yep. Unlike Yamato, Arcadia wants to stay in business, so we get only a few releases in small batches, and if you miss out, they get super expensive on the secondary market. So it's not unlike Bandai releases, except the original starting price is much higher. 

Haha...man that seems to be the case for sure!  I won't be lagging in the future.  Thankfully, I was able to still snag SV-51 at MSRP because of the whole leg mishap.  A few of the shops restocked with corrected Valks in box.  And then on the 0S, I only paid like a $30 - $40 markup IIRC using my Tenso address on AJ.  And part of that markup was due to Tenso's ridiculous shipping. (Worse than NY using EMS.)  I have to say that after receiving those two, I'm pretty stoked about this 0D.

4 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Haha...man that seems to be the case for sure!  I won't be lagging in the future.  Thankfully, I was able to still snag SV-51 at MSRP because of the whole leg mishap.  A few of the shops restocked with corrected Valks in box.  And then on the 0S, I only paid like a $30 - $40 markup IIRC using my Tenso address on AJ.  And part of that markup was due to Tenso's ridiculous shipping. (Worse than NY using EMS.)  I have to say that after receiving those two, I'm pretty stoked about this 0D.

Yeah I really look forward to the 0D, whenever that may be. And the VF-4 after that. Might be awhile as China's economy got crushed by this pandemic and is only slowly recovering.

4 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The SV-51 from Arcadia is still running at or even below MSRP. Same for the VF-1J Milia. Max can be found at MSRP. I think we just recently got through the retail stocks of the SDF-1 and VF-0S.

Do you have a store out in Cali that I can support?

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah I really look forward to the 0D, whenever that may be. And the VF-4 after that. Might be awhile as China's economy got crushed by this pandemic and is only slowly recovering.

Yeah and let's hope the economies around the world hold up.  I don't even want to look at stock in the States.  But I'll do my part in the economy by buying Valks and Vinyl!  I live by the two "V's"!

25 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Do you have a store out in Cali that I can support?

Which one do you need? I know a few webstores that I have used which have them available.

Only one local store to me, and they were asking almost $300 for the HMR Monster, so I don't think I'd buy from them.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Which one do you need? I know a few webstores that I have used which have them available.

Only one local store to me, and they were asking almost $300 for the HMR Monster, so I don't think I'd buy from them.

Ahh gotcha I read your post wrong. For some reason I thought you owned a store:D I was all about supporting you! 

1 hour ago, jeniusornome said:

@Sanity is Optional there are places that still have retail stock of sdf-1 and the vf-0s?

As of last month I saw the VF-0 available at HLJ, and I think the SDF-1 only finally went away a bit before that.

Right now they have normal and PF max/milia, VF-0 reactive armor, SV-51, and VE-1.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

9 minutes ago, Mommar said:

The mistake was having them over there at all.

Not many other options. Arcadia doesn't have the volume or expertise to do in-house manufacturing. It was always going to get outsourced production. There's only so many countries to outsource it to.

25 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I'd like to hear where he proposes Arcadia should have sourced the manufacturing and assembly to.

Me too.

I outsource some items to China. I don't want to but I either can't find a producer period. Or, I can't find a producer that can do it less than 4x what I can get it in China for.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, spanner said:

This one is due for release today but do we know if that's still happening?

Regarding "1/60 Perfectly Deformed VF-0D Phoenix Premium Finish", which is scheduled to be released this March, there has been
a significant delay in production at the factory due to the influence of the new coronavirus.

As a result, we have decided to postpone the release with great regret.
Please refer to the following for details.

-------------------------------------------------- ---
・ Product name: 1/60 Perfectly deformed VF-0D Phoenix Premium Finish
・ Scheduled to be released: [March 2020] → To be determined (factory and schedule are being adjusted)
----------- ------------------------------------------

https://arcadia.ac/

that's somewhat expected though not having a new date is a bummer. Hopefully N-Y (where I ordered) is alive by then as it seems there's a number of PP claims/chargebacks from their customers the past few months due to their logistics issue (specifically in Europe).