Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

You could be the reason the 0D was delayed.  They might have had to fix the design/tooling/whatever on the hands because you pointed that flaw out.

I'm not sure it was me, but if it allowed the production team to give another look at what they were building, it might be better in the long run. Both my 0S and 0D developed cracks in the finger and wrist joints so it would really suck if this very pricey re-deco of the 0D did the samething in a few years. 

59 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

@SuperHobo also assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand and started World War I.

Who told you? Now you can't leave this chatroom. :lol:

6 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Does Arcadia realize that putting pics of the CG model right next to it, only highlights how they still don't have the right color?  Grey-blue, not faded blue.  

950F44D6-3339-4823-A1A5-56C93BCA487B.jpeg

That could be light wash. 2D vs 3D.

On 2/10/2020 at 7:37 PM, David Hingtgen said:

Does Arcadia realize that putting pics of the CG model right next to it, only highlights how they still don't have the right color?  Grey-blue, not faded blue.  

950F44D6-3339-4823-A1A5-56C93BCA487B.jpeg

I thought it was salt water weathered Grey-Blue.

Does it even matter at this point? What’s done is done. Maybe in another 10 years Bandai will have an attempt at this VF and put on the right color with ridiculously oversized tampo printing.

So, here is to hoping for a correctly colored future.

Cheers!

Love the pic, @Lolicon. :good: 

Ok, as much as I like this PF version of their VF-0D, I am now truly lost and confused about Arcadia’s Premium Finish releases. One can expect that Arcadia’s PF releases from now on has that kind of weathering effect and panel washed. Only to be shown last WonderFest a non-weathered VF-4A PF that looks like their standard PF release. What if they decided to weathered their PF VF-0S down the line and still call it Premium Finish? Did they just insulted the current owners of PF VF-0S?

Sorry for that. I’m that confused. :fool:

I think they're trying different types of "premium", trying to find the sweet spot in features vs price. Obviously the PF of the SDF-1 and VF-0D is going to add more of a premium to the price than the VF-1 PFs. But will people want the appearance enough to pay it?

The VF-4 might be their attempt to find a middle ground, as it adds the panel lining that wasn't on the VF-1, but doesn't go all the way with paint apps or weathering like the SDF-1 or VF-0D. It ought to be less damaged by being transformed as well.

4 hours ago, Bolt said:

You know, the VF-0D was never my favorite. But this looks so good, i would own it for the finish alone :good:

Nice pic @Lolicon

I agree. The VF-0D took some time to grow on me.

Battroid mode is still least favourite mode; somehow the combination of its grasshopper-like head & huge wings not being tucked in properly recalls to mind a kaiju monster. :p

But fighter mode looks great and this PF weathering really makes it pop!

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

What if they decided to weathered their PF VF-0S down the line and still call it Premium Finish? Did they just insulted the current owners of PF VF-0S?

They'll label it Premium Finish and put a white sticker on the black box to let you know you got the weathered version. 

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Love the pic, @Lolicon. :good: 

Ok, as much as I like this PF version of their VF-0D, I am now truly lost and confused about Arcadia’s Premium Finish releases. One can expect that Arcadia’s PF releases from now on has that kind of weathering effect and panel washed. Only to be shown last WonderFest a non-weathered VF-4A PF that looks like their standard PF release. What if they decided to weathered their PF VF-0S down the line and still call it Premium Finish? Did they just insulted the current owners of PF VF-0S?

I think the 0D is a special case because the base color is the blue we originally got.  But people want the look from the anime and there was a weathering/wash look used to get the color that was seen on screen.  So in order to get that similar look they've had to weather the 0D.  Of course the 4A is panel lined and none of the other PF's have had that either.  It is possible they chose to do that because the 4 can look a little plain even with decals unless you LOAD the thing with tons of them.  

I can't believe that the VF-0 was "weathered" from the intense cobalt blue and pure snow white of the original release, to what was seen on the show, short of it sitting in the desert for a decade or two.  I will however, totally believe that it could weather from the colors we were originally shown:

vf03.jpgvf01.jpg

(Slate blue-grey, pale grey undersides)----into the anime colors:

VF-0Drefuel.gif

Absolute perfect match?  No, but still far closer than ANYTHING Arcadia's ever actually released.     (yes, I still want these colors---non-premium, just "the right base colors that make sense") 

9 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

I can't believe that the VF-0 was "weathered" from the intense cobalt blue and pure snow white of the original release, to what was seen on the show, short of it sitting in the desert for a decade or two.  I will however, totally believe that it could weather from the colors we were originally shown:

vf03.jpgvf01.jpg

(Slate blue-grey, pale grey undersides)----into the anime colors:

VF-0Drefuel.gif

Absolute perfect match?  No, but still far closer than ANYTHING Arcadia's ever actually released.     (yes, I still want these colors---non-premium, just "the right base colors that make sense") 

Not happening. Go buy a model kit. :p

what might be cool to see is the VF-0C for the UN Marines in marine camo pattern, really maximize the mold use.  With the cost of the premium finish figures, I could never get one anyway, unless I win the lotto tomorrow or something.

Twich

I'm surprised Arcadia hasn't done a CF -0A or 0D as an exclusive at some point. I mean, they just did a run of 0D toys, would it really be that expensive to make 100 more in gray? Then they just have to print 100 "grey version" stickers for the box and sell them at WF. I'm sure they'd all get snapped up. If they put a number on them they could sell one with a different number a year or two later when people were starting to get really angry they couldn't afford to grab one at crazy secondary prices.

2 hours ago, Bolt said:

Arcadia doesn't seem to be into Cannon fodder VF's. Unlike their predecessors. <_<

See.. I can understand some amount of hesitation on that front, but I think they've overcompensated for both the inflated production runs, and over-zealous production of obscure schemes.

The situation with the VF-31A should put forth at least a hint that the low-vis schemes do, in fact, sell.  They still need to manage production numbers carefully, but there is absolutely a market for them.

• 4 weeks later...