Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

14 minutes ago, lykiat said:

I received an email from NY to state that this item has been delayed until end of March 2020. Did anyone else get that message?

Me. At first i thought NY trying to get back to me after i cancel some of my order.

This was posted here and the on Arcadia website in mid December

"Dear Customer, Thank you very much for your special support.

We are very sorry for the release date of the product scheduled to be released this year.
Please check the following.

-------------------------------------------------- -
・ Product name: 1/60 Perfectly deformed VF-0D Phoenix Premium Finish
・ Release: [Before change] Scheduled for late December 2019 → [After change] During March 2020
----------- ----------------------------------------

This time is a delay over the years, I'm sorry.
We appreciate your understanding."

https://arcadia.ac/index.php 

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

No, they used the right blue and they need to make sure they change it for the production release. :D

That's actually what I meant. Only they used the 'wrong' blue during the prototype and promotional pics stages. :lol:

Wasn't there a post a few pages back with a post from Mr.K saying/hinting at the paint/weathering may rub off? 

Maybe they're double checking that, at over $400.00 for this toy they should check this among other things. 

Any kind of paint/weathering can be rubbed off.

I fully expect that stuff to rub off on surfaces that regular rub and scrape against each other.

I would take care when transforming it and not be too rough if you're concerned about scratches and paint rub. Even Bandai toys like the MB Evas come with warnings about areas of potential paint rub.

21 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Any kind of paint/weathering can be rubbed off.

I fully expect that stuff to rub off on surfaces that regular rub and scrape against each other.

I would take care when transforming it and not be too rough if you're concerned about scratches and paint rub. Even Bandai toys like the MB Evas come with warnings about areas of potential paint rub.

Very true with the weathering. 

Hopefully then it's a round of triple checking that legs & arms aren't snapping off! :lol:

18 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

So they're basically triple-checking now since they didn't do double-checking on the last 51's?

To be fair, the leg issue on the SV-51 was not immediately apparent visually, so I can see it sneaking through QC.

Especially if the factory they hired was actually ignoring the assembly instructions, or trying to cover up an error in the molds (both the L and R sides ought to be molded together, so having a bunch of one side and none of the other speaks of a systematic production issue).

In other words, I'm not blaming Arcadia for that one so much as their chosen manufacturing company. Especially as they did make repair kits (which I'm sure cost quite a lot if they weren't able to strongarm the factory into doing it gratis).

Edited by Sanity is Optional

16 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Wasn't there a post a few pages back with a post from Mr.K saying/hinting at the paint/weathering may rub off? 

Maybe they're double checking that, at over $400.00 for this toy they should check this among other things. 

Doesn't matter how expensive it is.  If you rub it wrong the paint is going to rub off.  Your car is $30K and the paint will rub off of that when you scrape it too.

23 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Doesn't matter how expensive it is.  If you rub it wrong the paint is going to rub off.  Your car is $30K and the paint will rub off of that when you scrape it too.

Yes , yes it's true. Every time my dodge ram transforms the paint rubs off the back of the cab, where it rubs against the bed..

27 minutes ago, Mommar said:

This is true, but you also don't go painting and chrome-plating the suspension and transmission components, or other things intended to absorb a lot of wear and tear.  That's about as useful as gold-plated sandpaper.

The weathering is going to wear off if you transform this thing or handle it a lot, that's just a given.  It's just the nature of turning a toy into a display model.

It's the same reason I hate heavy die-cast content or painted plastic in toys with lots of moving parts.  If you can mold something in color, do it.  Don't cheapen out on the molding and make entire parts in the wrong color just so you can guarantee that the paint used to cover your design flaw chips off from minimal use.  I get it, molds cost a lot.. so do them right the first time, and use the right color plastic from the start.

Edited by Chronocidal

31 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Yes , yes it's true. Every time my dodge ram transforms the paint rubs off the back of the cab, where it rubs against the bed..

You've ignored the point.  The price point does not dictate paint durability.

Besides, we all know you can't afford one of the transforming Rams.

Edited by Mommar

3 hours ago, Bolt said:

Um, I want your truck.:D

Can I get it at a discount because there are paint problems?;)

8 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Compared to Yamato, who priced themselves out of business. :lol:

By being too expensive or too cheap? I thought they just flooded the market with variants and there just wasn’t enough interest in all of them.