Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

If they have a liquidity crisis it will most likely get better over time. The longer the duration, the better their position.

I don't know that a liquidity crisis is even happening, just that NY's behavior is getting suspect. A liquidity crisis ends one of two ways... the company either eeks out survival or it doesn't. I'm paranoid though, I've seen too many retailers go out of business over the years... seems a very tough market to thrive in. 

10 minutes ago, jenius said:

I don't know that a liquidity crisis is even happening, just that NY's behavior is getting suspect. A liquidity crisis ends one of two ways... the company either eeks out survival or it doesn't. I'm paranoid though, I've seen too many retailers go out of business over the years... seems a very tough market to thrive in. 

I don't support NY. It seems they asked for payment earlier than the expected (or previous) release date for the 0D shipment. What's to say they did this because there are a few people didn't end up paying their previous POs compounded with Arcadia notifying them of the delay days after they made the payment request? It's a possible scenario. If NY folds before the release date on March, anybody that paid this month can still get their money back through Paypal or their CC. At worst, you don't get the 0D PF and would have to look elsewhere with a possibility of paying a higher price.

If they weren't screwing around too much with shipping people's orders, then they'd have less headaches with chargebacks/refunds and loss of customers.

Edited by crackpot

11 minutes ago, jenius said:

I knew you were speculating.;)

With the delay my From Japan order will be over the 6mo PayPal recourse period (this seems to be a recurring theme for me). I emailed them asking if I could pay again (re-starting the clock) and them refunding my original payment. They said they couldn't do it. I got the email from them a couple of minutes ago. I'm not sure how I feel about this other than the difference between Japanese and Western customer service is astounding.

I don't feel entirely comfortable letting them hold on to nearly $1800 (I have four on order) with zero recourse. I don't know what I'm going to do.

Edited by sqidd

Just now, Slave IV said:

If I’m not mistaken, this was an Arcadia exclusive and not everyone was offering it. I never bought directly from Arcadia before but I thought I remembered something about most shops taking money up front for this and there was a surprise that NY allowed pay later. 

HLJ was pay later as well although at a higher price. At least, there won't be any shipping shenanigans there.

I dont get how NY is facing challenges with the 1S since those with mark up are paid up front. This is a change they implemented after they got burned with this practice before (basically accepting pre-order at a higher price while still paying pay later). And web exclusive are usually paid upfront.

7 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

I dont get how NY is facing challenges with the 1S since those with mark up are paid up front. This is a change they implemented after they got burned with this practice before (basically accepting pre-order at a higher price while still paying pay later). And web exclusive are usually paid upfront.

It's thought that the early marked up 1S (or any marked up POs they have) are sourced from other retailers at MSRP or at discount PO price. If NY's own 1S stock from Bandai somehow got shorted which were offered at one of the lowest PO pricing, they'd have to source them at higher prices and would take a hit. Maybe they're still recovering from the VF31A debacle? Lol! All assumptions though. 

21 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I knew you were speculating.;)

With the delay my From Japan order will be over the 6mo PayPal recourse period (this seems to be a recurring theme for me). I emailed them asking if I could pay again (re-starting the clock) and them refunding my original payment. They said they couldn't do it. I got the email from them a couple of minutes ago. I'm not sure how I feel about this other than the difference between Japanese and Western customer service is astounding.

I don't feel entirely comfortable letting them hold on to nearly $1800 (I have four on order) with zero recourse. I don't know what I'm going to do.

Perhaps you should slow down and think about your purchase more before making them from now on.   You were buying left and right along with asking about should you buy 5-6 , etc.   maybe you should slow down a bit and get to know the stores/sites that you are preordering from along with proxies and their policy.     Most pre orders are around 6 months away, so you should plan for possible delay and which store you trust with your money.  If you feel any doubt , then just don't preorder from them. 

I do not see Fromjapan doing anything wrong here,  do you expect them to ask Arcadia, "hey ,your preorder is delayed , can you refund all my preorder so I can preorder again?"

Are you thinking they will screw you over just because it's over 6 months?   or maybe Fromjapan is thinking the same thing " now that it's over 180 day, we don't have to worry about SQIDD trying to do a paypal charge back after receiving the item or possible other false claims. :D . kinda works both ways.:p

Perhaps its also time for you to look at other preorders that you placed that will be reaching 6 month on their planned release date

Example:

dx vf-1 missile set reissue (June release)

dx-vf-1  Strike / Super Parts Set (April release)

maybe the METAL COMPOSITE Wing Gundam Snow White Prelude too since it's 2nd batch release is in June.

I have no issue with fromJapan and their services.  But if you are uncomfortable then just do what you have to do.:unknw:

5 hours ago, F360 said:

Perhaps you should slow down and think about your purchase more before making them from now on.   You were buying left and right along with asking about should you buy 5-6 , etc.   maybe you should slow down a bit and get to know the stores/sites that you are preordering from along with proxies and their policy.     Most pre orders are around 6 months away, so you should plan for possible delay and which store you trust with your money.  If you feel any doubt , then just don't preorder from them. 

I do not see Fromjapan doing anything wrong here,  do you expect them to ask Arcadia, "hey ,your preorder is delayed , can you refund all my preorder so I can preorder again?"

Are you thinking they will screw you over just because it's over 6 months?   or maybe Fromjapan is thinking the same thing " now that it's over 180 day, we don't have to worry about SQIDD trying to do a paypal charge back after receiving the item or possible other false claims. :D . kinda works both ways.:p

Perhaps its also time for you to look at other preorders that you placed that will be reaching 6 month on their planned release date

Example:

maybe the METAL COMPOSITE Wing Gundam Snow White Prelude too since it's 2nd batch release is in June.

I have no issue with fromJapan and their services.  But if you are uncomfortable then just do what you have to do.:unknw:

Good points all.:good:

I've stopped using PayPal and switched over to a Chase Sapphire card. that solves a lot of this because the recourse period is a year.

I'm going to let it ride with FromJapan.

7 hours ago, F360 said:

Example:

Agree with these points.

I have used From Japan quite a bit and have never had any issues. They are very professional in their services and have been thoroughly helpful the few times an issue came up. I used them to preorder a couple of items from Arcadia that took longer than expected (such as this VF-0D) and it went fine. I asked them politely if they could touch base with Arcadia and they were happy to do so.

I also won a Yahoo auction for one of my DX VF-1 figure preorders. By the time FromJapan received the item, the auction was taken down. They sent me pictures of the item and asked if it was correct since they couldn't view the original auction anymore.

Edited by Corrinald
Added

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

Good points all.:good:

I've stopped using PayPal and switched over to a Chase Sapphire card. that solves a lot of this because the recourse period is a year.

I'm going to let it ride with FromJapan.

Using a credit card directly with no foreign transaction fees is one of those things you learn in this hobby. Saves cash on currency conversions, and allows much longer chargebacks as well as better customer service than PayPal.

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Using a credit card directly with no foreign transaction fees is one of those things you learn in this hobby. Saves cash on currency conversions, and allows much longer chargebacks as well as better customer service than PayPal.

I think you were the one who turned me on to that card. Much appreciated. It's better across the board.

56 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I love the Sapphire card. Thanks to all the points I've accumulated my next three overseas trips are free! ^_^

I hadn't looked at those points. They add up fast. That's pretty cool.

Do they ever expire? I couldn't find anything on it.

Edited by sqidd

14 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Fiona and her buddies are going to have quite the Shanghai shopping spree over the holidays with all that early 0D preorder money. :rolleyes:

I bet Fiona is not even a real person, probably some dude sitting in his mom's basement.

On 11/26/2019 at 9:12 AM, Mommar said:

Yeah, the website still says December 31.  NY used to send out the payment requests two weeks in advance.  I'm surprised they want the money a full month early.  That's a huge hurt for Christmas.

I sent them a message asking why they want payment so far in advance this time.

Did you ever get an answer?

6 hours ago, Sandman said:

Did you ever get an answer?

I did. 

Hello 

Thank you for your message

We apologies for this inconvenience

Since December it's a busy month, we have have a lot of pre orders/orders to manage so we asked the payment in advance. 

Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service”

20 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I did. 

Hello 

Thank you for your message

We apologies for this inconvenience

Since December it's a busy month, we have have a lot of pre orders/orders to manage so we asked the payment in advance. 

Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service”

With that answer, it's quite possible they weren't notified by Arcadia of the delay when they started asking for payment. 

5 minutes ago, jenius said:

Or they're trying to stem a tide of pre-order cancellations.

That's my theory, they've also been reducing the availability of "pay later" options.

Given how many people were essentially bypassing NY's "no cancellations" policy by just not paying, I can't say I'm surprised. Especially considering the VF-0D is something that they can't skip out on their own orders for, has a high chance of being cancelled by NY's customers, and costs almost $500.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That's my theory, they've also been reducing the availability of "pay later" options.

Given how many people were essentially bypassing NY's "no cancellations" policy by just not paying, I can't say I'm surprised. Especially considering the VF-0D is something that they can't skip out on their own orders for, has a high chance of being cancelled by NY's customers, and costs almost $500.

A small point of contention here.  It does not cost almost $500.  I preordered two from them and with shipping it was only $855.  So more like almost $400.

10 minutes ago, Mommar said:

A small point of contention here.  It does not cost almost $500.  I preordered two from them and with shipping it was only $855.  So more like almost $400.

Fluctuation of the yen, and I'm including shipping. Mine through NY was ¥46,700 with shipping, or roughly $430 through my card w/o currency change fees.

At HLJ it's base price of ¥49,600, plus shipping.