Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

6 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:
ā€œItĀ is almost all paint. Because it can be deformed, it is easily damagedā€

It's "transformed," not "deformed." Ā :angry:

Gawd, will machine translation never learn? Ā <_<

On 10/6/2019 at 10:31 AM, Archer said:

Honestly looks absurdly good. Might have to grab one but it's a big amount to swallow. Also, I imagine I would be waaaay to afraid to transform to battroid mode, which ruins a bit of the fun.Ā 

Decisions, decisions....

Yes! It was a huge amount to swallow, probably one of the most expensive single Valkyrie purchases I've ever made but it does look absolutely gorgeous!Ā 

Annoys me that the original release was so far off the mark.Ā 

I'm actually going to be curious to see whether the color of the plastic was changed, or if it's literally just covered in that much paint. :pĀ 

Too rich for me though, I've got other higher priority releases to look at.. like that new F/A-18 grip for my Warthog, or the new rudder pedals...Ā :wub:

16 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm actually going to be curious to see whether the color of the plastic was changed, or if it's literally just covered in that much paint. :pĀ 

Too rich for me though, I've got other higher priority releases to look at.. like that new F/A-18 grip for my Warthog, or the new rudder pedals...Ā :wub:

Might be the topcoat doing most of the work, a matte topcoat will severely change the appearance of plastic.Ā 

For comparison, here's a model kit I made before and after topcoating (and panel lining/stickers).

Spoiler

v63QBpT.jpg

AUddErj.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Damnit.. I might need two of these in my life... I wouldn't want to risk scuffing the paint by transforming it back and forth between modes. I think one would need to stay in valk mode and the other battroid.. I can live without gerwalk. For now.

So painting over is the solution versus correcting the color?

Arcadia itā€™s time to stop. Make it right or donā€™t make it at all. Ā For many years we have seen this color debacle. Instead of making it right you make it more of a burden on your loyal customers. Do I like it sure. Do I know what will happen if I transform a painted figure?Ā Of coarse I do. Do I want a toy that is transformable? Oh hell yes! Ā Will I buy it? NOPE!

So why is Arcadia offing a Supefragelisticscratchialidoscious version of a figure that could have been corrected by just producing the proper colored plastic? Oh yeah, laziness and greed.

I am just getting soooo over Arcadia. If it wasnā€™t for the VF-4(A?)Ā FB2012 I would have called it quits. Ā Arcadia needs to move forward and stop basking in the glow of Yamatoā€™s past success.

Arcadia time to stop suckling on the tests of your successor and grow up.

Sorry for the rant, but Arcadia is really not living up to being the.company it was supposedly going to be.

14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

That paint job doesn't look like lazy work to me...

Had Arcadia corrected the color of the plastic years ago...well letā€™s just say price would have ban justified and we wouldnā€™t have to worry about scratching, scuffing, damaging or immediately losing value up or first transformation.

26 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Rule #1 of collecting: let people like things.

If you don't want to buy it, don't buy it.

Not against it,Ā just having a bit of angst against a high endĀ collectible manufacturer whoĀ does not live up to high end standards.Ā 

Never did I say donā€™t buy anything Arcadia.

Never did I interfere with any purchasesĀ of anyoneā€™s liking.

Been only sharingĀ personal experiences.

Not sure why you are stating a rule that only applies to personal level. IĀ just sharedĀ negative experiences.Ā 

Edited by nightmareB4macross

5 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Arcadia itā€™s time to stop. Make it right or donā€™t make it at all. Ā For many years we have seen this color debacle. Instead of making it right you make it more of a burden on your loyal customers. Do I like it sure. Do I know what will happen if I transform a painted figure?Ā Of coarse I do. Do I want a toy that is transformable? Oh hell yes! Ā Will I buy it? NOPE!

So why is Arcadia offing a Supefragelisticscratchialidoscious version of a figure that could have been corrected by just producing the proper colored plastic? Oh yeah, laziness and greed.

I am just getting soooo over Arcadia. If it wasnā€™t for the VF-4(A?)Ā FB2012 I would have called it quits. Ā Arcadia needs to move forward and stop basking in the glow of Yamatoā€™s past success.

Sorry for the rant, but Arcadia is really not living up to being the.company it was supposedly going to be.

Just wondering if you got the 51 and if that affected the sentiment. Not a knock on the rant, mind you.Ā 

Seems like arcadia is spreading their wings. More towards customization, i.e. is it a model or is it a toy?,Ā category.

Bandai certainly isn't known forĀ panel lining or weathering, and i suspect would not fit in with their mass production techniques.Ā 

Time will only tell if arcadia can pull it off, and if the market will respond to it.Ā 

Edited by seti88

9 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Damnit.. I might need two of these in my life... I wouldn't want to risk scuffing the paint by transforming it back and forth between modes. I think one would need to stay in valk mode and the other battroid.. I can live without gerwalk. For now.

I was thinking the same. Jet and Battroid modes look so damn good.

12 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Also, legs and arms and fins etc...are blue and white, so whichever plastic color they choose, these parts will have to be painted, or am I missing something?

Ā 

Edited by Sayroll

59 minutes ago, Sayroll said:

Also, legs and arms and fins etc...are blue and white, so whichever plastic color they choose, these parts will have to be painted, or am I missing something?

Ā 

Yes, on the original release they had to paint on one of the colors as well.Ā  They did this on the Max and Milia VF-1J's.Ā  That's why I'am asking specifically what he means by "paint" because the original release already was painted as well.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Yes, on the original release they had to paint on one of the colors as well.Ā  They did this on the Max and Milia VF-1J's.Ā  That's why I'am asking specifically what he means by "paint" because the original release already was painted as well.

Instead of correcting the color of the plastic and releasing a revised version at the same price as the original, they decided to just paint over the issue, call it a premium feature, and charge almost twice as much for adding lipstick to the pig.

They're basically charging you extra to cover up their own mistake.

The big question in my mind is whether this is still the original blue color, or whether they're both changing the plastic, and spraying over the whole thing to lighten it.Ā  I will honestly be very curious to see if it turns out these premium versions are a new factory run, or if they just added paint to the original leftover stock with all the hip issues.

Edited by Chronocidal

It was positedĀ  when the original was released that Arcadia went with a 'factory' blue and that the toy would look correct with 'salt weathering'. If it's the original blue from the first release, this is exactly what we're getting. I've always been in the camp that they just over-saturated the blue but if the light weathering gets it closer, great. A regular release in a de-saturated blue would also be welcome but seems unlikely..