Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Hope not, but as much as I'd love a PF version to go alongside the Roy I just ordered, the weathering means this one doesn't match any of my other valks, and I'm kinda leaning toward "nope" because of that.

Really a shame, since it is a beautiful paint job, but I don't feel like diving down that particular rabbit hole at this point.

Amazing paint job for sure, but I'll just admire the pretty pictures from folks who do pick it up. I'll be curious to see how durable the paint is on this new PF. I remember transforming the PF SDF-1 as carefully and and slowly as I could I still lost some of the glow in the dark paint apps here and there to which I had to touch up myself. 

Given the QC problems with the SV-51 and the items circled on these factory samples, hopefully, Arcadia can iron out the kinks.  The painting is beautiful, but pointless if the factory cannot be relied on to fully assemble the product, or assemble it correctly.  For that amount of money, I would expect a premium product, not something that will surprise when I transform it the first time.

26 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

Given the QC problems with the SV-51 and the items circled on these factory samples, hopefully, Arcadia can iron out the kinks.  The painting is beautiful, but pointless if the factory cannot be relied on to fully assemble the product, or assemble it correctly.  For that amount of money, I would expect a premium product, not something that will surprise when I transform it the first time.

The circled items are improvements being made over the first release, they are both cavity fillers.

Ditto on the sloppy panel lining.  These are brag pics so that's a little bit worrying.  Still, these need to be done in huge quantities (relatively speaking) so there have to be concessions somewhere.  Personally, I think it looks a bit overdone and I'd prefer to have a non-PF+ version. One where we get the new blue tone that's correct, plus the markings, but not the weathering.  But I would imagine I'm in the minority here.

Also, this is an order of magnitude better than the old Yamato special weathering editions.  So by no means would I say these aren't any good.  Just not my cup of tea is all.

On 9/21/2019 at 11:58 AM, David Hingtgen said:

The color may be right, but it's just too ridicuously expensive.  I have car maintenance that needs to be done, for that much $.   I would much rather have a "basic" finish for half the price. 

The issue never was with the finish/details/markings themselves, it was just flat-out the wrong color.   It didn't need $200 of weathering, it needed $0 of "use the right color of plastic this time".  

1 hour ago, mickyg said:

Ditto on the sloppy panel lining.  These are brag pics so that's a little bit worrying.  Still, these need to be done in huge quantities (relatively speaking) so there have to be concessions somewhere.  Personally, I think it looks a bit overdone and I'd prefer to have a non-PF+ version. One where we get the new blue tone that's correct, plus the markings, but not the weathering.  But I would imagine I'm in the minority here.

Also, this is an order of magnitude better than the old Yamato special weathering editions.  So by no means would I say these aren't any good.  Just not my cup of tea is all.

I just want a non-PF with the correct blue for much less.

On 9/22/2019 at 4:53 AM, wmkjr said:

These. They weren't on the 1st VF-0D:

Triangle filler for the legs

563319271_InkedPFVF-0Dtriangleedit_LI.jpg.b2a7030d566621ecf668887308a0622f.jpg 

1st VF-0D no triangle Courtesy Collection DX

Image result for 1/60 Vf-0D

Shoulder/Chest filler

1623652168_InkedPFVF-0Dedit_LI.jpg.daeeee515b2178208096c070760a0091.jpg

Old pic of the  VF-0D without the filler and the color I wish it was :5::

Image result for 1/60 Vf-0D

OMG! its fantastic to see these will be on this release! But what about the mounting slots for the gunpod? Have they moved it back further up the arm so it doesn't interfere with the hook when installed? The premium finish does look quite nice but the price doesn't.. still its tempting!

7 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Not real fond of the 'soot-covered nose and CFT's'.  Reminds me of the MP Starscreams like that-----heavy, black weathering in very inappropriate areas.  Apparently the radar runs on coal...

I was thinking the same thing. At this price point this is a no go for me. I too would have preferred a standard PF with this corrected color and markings for less $$. 

Oh well, enjoy it for everyone else that loves it. :)

Chris

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, as @sqidd mentioned, use the ticket system and they should be able to change it for you as long as it is not paid already. 

Not to say they couldn't change it for you after it's paid too, they just aren't usually willing to be that flexible. :p 

Digging at NY aside though, I am glad they put the proper arms on it, and the other upgrades.  I'm definitely more torn than I should be given the cost, but the over-weathering is seriously a problem, on top of the blatant mismatch with literally every other valk I own.  

It would probably look great next to that 1/48 Swordfish coming later this year, but the VF-0D isn't what I would call a collection centerpiece subject... its just too obscure a valk.

Edited by Chronocidal

14 hours ago, apptt4 said:

you won the game!

I guess I did! Im thrilled they are releasing this version as its what I wanted from the very beginning. Frustrated me know end that the later VF-0 releases got all the upgrade bits but the D did not.. this premium version looks killer!

Cannot wait to have it on display and bask in all its gorgeousness! 

6 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Still staring at it in my cart lol

Have a hard time buying one of these for the cost of three two (or with a half) DX VF-1A *desire intensifies* :help:

fixed it haha

but i get you, from time to time I still visit NY, add it on cart and stare at the Pay later option but never go around completing it :(

I initially chose "pay later" for this one but I was able to scrape together enough money to pay for it today. At least its out of the way now rather than having to pay for it later on especially around xmas time when hobby funds are usually tight.

At least now all my pre-orders are paid in full. :good:

Can't wait! :D

Edited by spanner