Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

7 minutes ago, sqidd said:

When you check your profile on the site is it still listed in the Shopping Services List? And when you click on it you get what's below? Just making sure I did everything right (or maybe we both did it wrong, LOL). It worries me a bit that it still says that if unpaid after 3mo the order will be canceled. That said, it does show the payment has been made in the Payment History.

VF-0D Order.png

That’s what mine looks like as well.. I’m more worried that I wasn’t as descriptive on my product details lol but the price matches so thats good enough for me :D

Yup, it's a bit clearer on my list that the Unpaid order thing is just a generic warning, as it's at the bottom under my 6 orders.

Once they actually secure an order on your behalf for the VF-0D it'll switch from Order Pending to Ordered - Awaiting Arrival.

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

When you check your profile on the site is it still listed in the Shopping Services List? And when you click on it you get what's below? Just making sure I did everything right (or maybe we both did it wrong, LOL). It worries me a bit that it still says that if unpaid after 3mo the order will be canceled. That said, it does show the payment has been made in the Payment History.

VF-0D Order.png

What is this site?

Is VF-0D already being pre ordered?

Is this Arcadia on-line shop?

12 minutes ago, Macross two said:

What is this site?

Is VF-0D already being pre ordered?

Is this Arcadia on-line shop?

Proxy site

No.  It's a place holder till it actually opens and they order it. Officially opens Sept 2 , 12pm Japan time. 

It's a link to the Arcadia shop page.

I wanna get this one because it has the fillers they incorporated on the other 2.

49 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Proxy site

No.  It's a place holder till it actually opens and they order it. Officially opens Sept 2 , 12pm Japan time. 

It's a link to the Arcadia shop page.

I wanna get this one because it has the fillers they incorporated on the other 2.

Thank you!

Edited by Macross two

56 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yup, it's a bit clearer on my list that the Unpaid order thing is just a generic warning, as it's at the bottom under my 6 orders.

Once they actually secure an order on your behalf for the VF-0D it'll switch from Order Pending to Ordered - Awaiting Arrival.

Excellent, thank you.

I wonder how much the price will come down on the non premium finish VF-0D's once these are released. As far as I can tell the only place to get them right now is feeBay. I cheeked most of the stores don't have stock. The only one I found was Mandrake with a damaged box for $450ish.

VF-0D eBay Listings.jpg

You can grab them cheaper (through a proxy) from Yahoo Japan Auctions.

Ebay is almost never a good place to buy anything Macross. (I have bought 3 things, including 1 pre-order, but the buy-it-now prices are terrible).

Just checked the YJA prices, seems to sell for ~¥45,000-¥50,000 for a new one; dropping down to ¥35,000 for a used/opened one.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

7 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I wonder how much the price will come down on the non premium finish VF-0D's once these are released. As far as I can tell the only place to get them right now is feeBay. I cheeked most of the stores don't have stock. The only one I found was Mandrake with a damaged box for $450ish.

VF-0D eBay Listings.jpg

I would pass on those at pretty much any price. They are known to have hips that fall apart. 

16 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

You can grab them cheaper (through a proxy) from Yahoo Japan Auctions.

Ebay is almost never a good place to buy anything Macross. (I have bought 3 things, including 1 pre-order, but the buy-it-now prices are terrible).

Just checked the YJA prices, seems to sell for ~¥45,000-¥50,000 for a new one; dropping down to ¥35,000 for a used/opened one.

I'm guessing that's Yahoo Japan Auctions?

https://buyee.jp/yahoo/auction

I only found one Ver 1 and it was 69,000 Yen (IDK how you got that Yen symbol in there). Am I looking in the wrong place?

Edited by sqidd

39 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I'm guessing that's Yahoo Japan Auctions?

https://buyee.jp/yahoo/auction

I only found one Ver 1 and it was 69,000 Yen (IDK how you got that Yen symbol in there). Am I looking in the wrong place?

Need to wait for one that's actually an auction. Sold prices are all at 50,000yen or less.

Not liking the coloring/weathering of the latest pics.  Some areas are flat-out purple, and I see pale aqua in spots (main gear doors etc).  That kind of weathering pretty much gets a "WTF?" from me.  Sun and salt exposure never turned a plane grape-and-mint, AFAIK.   Way too much to spend on "it may look decent in the end".  The actual mass-production product may look very different--could look awesome, could look even worse. 

Ironically, all those Mandarake listings above, use the original pre-release pics of the first release, which looked great---only we all know how they switched to a Max-esque royal blue in the end.  Really, if I could just get a 0D painted like they originally showed (non-premium, non-weathered, simply "slate grey-blue and pale grey"), I'd be happy.

fdcf32b7a1d17b98ec06ecb029d9aa16.jpg 

Instead, Arcadia keeps trying their darndest to do "odd coloring that is sorta but not quite how it looked".   Yeesh, Hasegawa got it spot-on the first try.  Sigh, guess I'll wait another decade and hope some day someone makes a good-looking 0D that transforms...

::edit::  Looking at the pics again, I think the basic thing is "they weathered the s*** out of it, but the base colors are still cobalt blue and white".  And no amount of weathering is going to change those to slate blue and ghost grey....

::edit 2::  Where's this one?  That one looked spot-on to the CGI:

ZNR642Fq_o.jpg

It's far more grey than what they're showing now. 

6 minutes ago, NeoVanguard said:

Where are you guys ordering?  Don't see the listing in the usual places yet?

Paste this link: https://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=294

Into the search bar on this website: https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/

Follow the instructions, and be prepared to shell out $425 or so within a day, and then additional for shipping when it's released.

2 hours ago, DarkArchon3000 said:

So is From Japan asking for the full payment?  I tried it and got an e-mail asking only for the preorder amount.  Am I doing this right?

they always ask for the full amount of the item.   maybe you misread your email by a 0.    44990?

Here is the screenshot of my order page.  The e-mail asked for the same amount.   I might have to try again.  Worst thing is I end up with two, but that's better than none.

I have used them before to preorder the Minmay printed figure and they also took deposit as "Charge 1" and then asked for payment when the item was available.

578917207_OrderPending.thumb.JPG.19784cbe1b4beaaf3afa30542e7d810f.JPG

42 minutes ago, Mommar said:

We'll test this and see what comes of requesting 2 at a time now that DA has been offered only the pre-order price.

Let us know if you only get asked for 10%. I might go for a second if that's the case. Already spent $800 in the last couple of years already, between this and the SV-51.

I just tried submitting one right after I posted. They wanted me to pay the full 44990yen. Deleted it and tried again a few minutes ago mentioning the 4490yen price is a deposit in the comments. Still charged me 44990yen.

4 hours ago, DarkArchon3000 said:

Here is the screenshot of my order page.  The e-mail asked for the same amount.   I might have to try again.  Worst thing is I end up with two, but that's better than none.

I have used them before to preorder the Minmay printed figure and they also took deposit as "Charge 1" and then asked for payment when the item was available.

My guess is that you entered the amount in missing a digit and it simply converted it in the request you were sent. From what I can tell they're not open and we're getting computer generated responses. If that's the case the response will be what was entered when the "form" was filled out.

Or I'm completely wrong.:p

5 hours ago, DarkArchon3000 said:

Please let me know this site.

Is this From Japan?

6 minutes ago, Macross two said:

Please let me know this site.

Is this From Japan?

Paste this link: https://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=294

Into the search bar on this website: https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/

Follow the instructions, and be prepared to shell out $425 or so within a day, and then additional for shipping when it's released.