Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

The 'offer', meaning the total price of the item, right? Any indication why it changed from money refund to points? Is there an agreement at the beginning that they will refund the 'money' instead of offering you 'points'?

Oh wow. After I accepted AmiAmi's "offer". They now say I won't get any of my money back. They'll just give me points to use on their site.

I'm tired of this.

Looks like it is time for a PayPal claim.

Are they giving you an equivalent amount of points? Even HLJ offers credits instead of full refunds but it's usually optional and not compulsory. I don't see the problem unless you don't plan on shopping there anymore.

Are they giving you an equivalent amount of points? Even HLJ offers credits instead of full refunds but it's usually optional and not compulsory. I don't see the problem unless you don't plan on shopping there anymore.

They're giving me points excluding shipping charges. I don't plan on buying anything ever again from this shop. They don't care if they send you defective stuff.

They want to keep your money and that's it.

I had to do that one one of my originals, it shouldn't be too bad to do. Only part that I think is different is that they added screw covers over the screws in the wing pivots. I actually pried mine out specifically because they would stop me from tightening the wings.

Rest of the disassembly looks similar to the old VF-0, two screws in the wings, one under the hip bar. That should let you drop the underside of the back, and get to the hip bar. Unless they went nuts with glue, and decided to squish the whole thing together this time. <_<

Edited by Chronocidal

HLJ all the way. I complained to them about my loose wings on my vf-22s (which was onsale to begin with) and they gave me 25% of the price in credit at their store. And asked about the fix that had been posted here to give other customers advice. NY has only ever been curt or unhelpful to me and lost my business long ago.

This is off topic, but I think people are being too harsh on NY, Amiami, or whatever non-HLJ store that comes up. I assume most, if not all, of the ones that complain are Americans living in the US.

Well I just wanted to say that the Return and Exchange policy that is practiced in the US is not the same in other countries, such as the one where I live in. You can't just return an item because of some issue that was not due to the fault of the seller. Unlike in the US where I've heard that people can return/get a full refund for a video game from the seller even after playing/finishing the game in less than a week. HLJ appears to be owned by an American so it's probably why their policy on returns/exchanges is more similar to the US.

In my country, how NY and Amiami deal with these kinds of issues (defective product) is within normal expectations. The blame should be more on the manufacturer rather than the retailer, which is why their first option is to contact the manufacturer about it.

Strangely enough, the only time I've received a defective item from an online store is from HLJ. I contacted them about it and since the item is no longer in stock, they just offered store credit but not equivalent to the item's price.

This is off topic, but I think people are being too harsh on NY, Amiami, or whatever non-HLJ store that comes up. I assume most, if not all, of the ones that complain are Americans living in the US.

Well I just wanted to say that the Return and Exchange policy that is practiced in the US is not the same in other countries, such as the one where I live in. You can't just return an item because of some issue that was not due to the fault of the seller. Unlike in the US where I've heard that people can return/get a full refund for a video game from the seller even after playing/finishing the game in less than a week. HLJ appears to be owned by an American so it's probably why their policy on returns/exchanges is more similar to the US.

In my country, how NY and Amiami deal with these kinds of issues (defective product) is within normal expectations. The blame should be more on the manufacturer rather than the retailer, which is why their first option is to contact the manufacturer about it.

Strangely enough, the only time I've received a defective item from an online store is from HLJ. I contacted them about it and since the item is no longer in stock, they just offered store credit but not equivalent to the item's price.

Yes I agree 100% I get hosed with customs and duties being Canadian and NY saves me so much on that - I don't mind giving the money to a store that will get me something I want other than paying a government that does everything in their power to prevent me from ordering what I want. If it wasn't for NY - I wouldn't even get any of my Frontier renewals.

Same sentiments here, ArchieNov. That's why when people started complaining on some of the online stores I usually don't join the conversation. Because in all honesty, I'm already used to the 'No Return, No Exchange' policy. Like if you bought it online, chances are, you're not going to get 100% satisfaction. I'm from the Philippines, and that's how business are practiced there. If you bought it without checking the item, your lost. I remember buying a DX Wing Gundam before from a retail store. The box is sealed and shrink-wrapped. But when I got home, I got both left wings. Not left and right. But both left wings. When I went back to the store the following day, manager told me that there's nothing they could do since it was shipped that way. So basically, it's a manufacturing error. And of course, manager will also or might think that I swapped the wings there or something. That's how it is in the Philippines. Everyone is suspicious on one another. So I argue with them that what's the point of buying the item if I won't be able to display it. So what they offered me is give me an in-store credit with the same amount. But they really explained to me the strict No Return No Exhange policy. But I'm glad that atleast,I got my credit back. And from then, I usually check what's inside first. ^_^

So everytime I purchase something off AmiAmi, I always hope and pray that what I will get doesn't have production defect. If there is, then all I could do is contact them and see what can be done. :rolleyes:

There are many reasons why some people preffer x store to another one, I do not like the way Amiami does business, as well as AE, but that's just me. NIppon-Yassan has always been a last safe resort for me.

Some people preffer to save a few pennies and some other rather pay more to assure he item will be delivered safely.

For me, the best are HLJ and HKCollectibles (HKC helps with customs declarations).

I for one am grateful we have this many options to choose to everyones particular needs. Macross Golden era!

Scored one of this suckers because Amiami dropped the price down to 28,260 yen due to box damage.

I was planning on passing on this since Arcadia's going crazy with prices, and skip straight to the VF-0S.

Hope this won't be a regrettable purchase. I've seen pics of this in hand and it looks gorgeous (even if the blue is inaccurate).

Anything to take note of? Aside from the really sharp wings apparently.

Scored one of this suckers because Amiami dropped the price down to 28,260 yen due to box damage.

I was planning on passing on this since Arcadia's going crazy with prices, and skip straight to the VF-0S.

Hope this won't be a regrettable purchase. I've seen pics of this in hand and it looks gorgeous (even if the blue is inaccurate).

Anything to take note of? Aside from the really sharp wings apparently.

From what people including me posted before besides the sharp pointy wings:

- out of the box, one part of the feet might pop off due to not properly glued.

- misaligned tampo on the intakes.

- expect that all the joints are tight esp the knee from fighter to gerwalk.

- pulling the feet for gerwalk is super tight.

- watch out for the head's antennae while transforming it to battroid.

- be careful pulling and rotating the arms and feet from fighter mode to other modes from paint scratching.

- watch out also when you try to pull the thigh for more articulation.

I think that's it. ;)

From what people including me posted before besides the sharp pointy wings:

- out of the box, one part of the feet might pop off due to not properly glued.

- misaligned tampo on the intakes.

- expect that all the joints are tight esp the knee from fighter to gerwalk.

- pulling the feet for gerwalk is super tight.

- watch out for the head's antennae while transforming it to battroid.

- be careful pulling and rotating the arms and feet from fighter mode to other modes from paint scratching.

- watch out also when you try to pull the thigh for more articulation.

I think that's it. ;)

That's a great summary! Thanks!

I think tight joints is an acceptable things (better tight than floppy I suppose.. I'm looking at you, YF-19 ankles).

Potential paint scratching is a real bummer though..

Hope there won't be any issues with this piece. I've already given enough money to Arcadia when I bought 2 YF-19s,

That's a great summary! Thanks!

I think tight joints is an acceptable things (better tight than floppy I suppose.. I'm looking at you, YF-19 ankles).

Potential paint scratching is a real bummer though..

Hope there won't be any issues with this piece. I've already given enough money to Arcadia when I bought 2 YF-19s,

You're welcome, SaitouSad. And I agree on your concern with the YF-19, that's why I fixed the joints on my YF-19's ankle. I put some rubber in it to make it tighter. And for now, it's all tight and like new. ;)

Finally ordered one along with some Metal Armor Dragonar stuff :wub:

Congrats! ;)

I recently purchased a 0D. The thing is huge! The only real complaint I have with it is that when they redesigned the pilot figures, they seemed to forget about the cockpit that they sit in, or in this case slide around in. Edgar is always passing out on is console.

Did anyone apply the stickers? In my experience clear stickers, even when trimmed, never really look nice when on something other than white. I was considering recreating the sticker sheet with Illustrator and printing some water slide decals.

Edited by Gwynne

I recently purchased a 0D. The thing is huge! The only real complaint I have with it is that when they redesigned the pilot figures, they seem to forgot about the cockpit that they sit in, or in this case slide around in. Edgar is always passing out on is console.

Maybe Arcadia just trying to be anime-accurate like Yamato did with their brittle-arm 0A.

Wrong plane, tho...

:bump:

post-263-0-35773000-1434064221_thumb.jpg

Honestly, I think they severely underscaled the pilots this time around. The old ones didn't look as nice, but they fit much more closely/realistically in the cockpit.

I have to agree after comparing them to a vf-1 or yf-19 figure. I think I might stuff something under Shin's seat so Edgar doesn't slide under it anytime the valks nose is angled down, which it will be when I put it on the shelf in Gerwalk mode.

I'm glad I picked it up though. I was originally going to pass on it and just grab the 0S and/or 0A but all the pictures here gave me the bug. <_<

I have to agree after comparing them to a vf-1 or yf-19 figure. I think I might stuff something under Shin's seat so Edgar doesn't slide under it anytime the valks nose is angled down, which it will be when I put it on the shelf in Gerwalk mode.

I'm glad I picked it up though. I was originally going to pass on it and just grab the 0S and/or 0A but all the pictures here gave me the bug. <_<

That's the spirit, dear sir. No regrets. ;)

In my experience clear stickers, even when trimmed, never really look nice when on something other than white. I was considering recreating the sticker sheet with Illustrator and printing some water slide decals.

Agreed. I have no skill with Illustrator, but was thinking about scanning the decal sheet and sending it to Samuel Decal to have some produced. haven't gotten around to it, though.

Here ya go! This is what I did to make decals for my Arcadia YF-19 and VF-0D. I re-built all the decals by tracing them over in Adobe Illustrator so they are vector sharp files. If you can print white, then they'll even have an underlay of white. You could send the file to be made into "rub-on" transfers - its a photographic process and very expensive, but it will look awesome. I only did a test one colour process (white only) to test it out and used that as an underlay for my laser printed colour decals.

You can see the results here; http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35120&p=1203668

Let me know how the file works out for you guys. Good luck!

(p.s. I'm offering this file free as payback to this wonderful site that has helped me so much over the years, I hope no one takes this and goes out to make money off of it please.)

YF-19 Rub ons (outlined).zip

Here ya go! This is what I did to make decals for my Arcadia YF-19 and VF-0D. I re-built all the decals by tracing them over in Adobe Illustrator so they are vector sharp files. If you can print white, then they'll even have an underlay of white. You could send the file to be made into "rub-on" transfers - its a photographic process and very expensive, but it will look awesome. I only did a test one colour process (white only) to test it out and used that as an underlay for my laser printed colour decals.

You can see the results here; http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35120&p=1203668

(p.s. I'm offering this file free as payback to this wonderful site that has helped me so much over the years, I hope no one takes this and goes out to make money off of it please.)

attachicon.gifYF-19 Rub ons (outlined).zip

These are wonderful, exactly what I wanted to make. Thanks! Your YF-19 and 0D look awesome.

attachicon.gifYF-19 Rub ons (outlined).zip

Thanks for your generosity, Mr. Cheng. ;)

And great VF-0D as well. :wub:

Hmmn----anyone willing to split costs to get a rub-on sheet made? (I'm certain several full sets could be fit onto a single sheet)

I'm certainly in for a set. But I have zero experience with this type of file and printing, so can't "lead" it myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got around to opening mine this weekend from AmiAmi only to find the right front rear landing gear door is missing. Checked the box, shopping box and plastic container but nada. Emailed AmiAmi but got the "sorry you are in the US" response. Is there someone here from Japan who could contact Arcadia to see if they could get this part for me? Would adequately compensate you for your time and the shipping to the US. Thanks

Sorry to hear about that, bravo5. Yeah, that's their common excuse when you're not in Japan. Though figure-wise I guess the best to contact is Arcadia since that's a QC problem.

Hope some member in Japan can help you with this.