Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

I don't think so. I tend to hold onto my valks as long as I can unless I have to. ....are you talking about the old Destroids, v1 1/60 and 1/100 regults?

Hey Kicker, love you quote from your wife about the M3... I finally got my e92 M3 this year, but I only got there because I only collect one of everything :p Your little stack is the cost of my Paint Protection Film this summer!!! Good to see you also have good tastes in cars too.

I would love to see your finished display once its re-organized too.

Depends on what I can fit on the Zero shelf...actually I have to eliminate one shelf which contains the old Destroids, 1/55, v1 1/60, and 1/100 regults to make room. Move middle shelf of the ships to the top to get a floating feeling. 2nd and 3rd Shelf will be the Zero line. Thinking one shelf will contain good guys: 3 OA, 2 OS, and whatever OD I can fit. The other shelf will have the bad guys: 2 Ivanovs, Nora, and 2 Fodders in submarine storage display (Vertical) and probably recreate one of the scenes with the OD in gerwalk fighting an SV51. Or try to recreate a hangar atmosphere for the OD perhaps fit all five distributed on the shelves. Don't know yet but my Saturday looks promising if I can sneak in some time.

hey Kicker, would you mind posting up some new pics of your Valkyrie collection!? ^_^ Only if that's ok with you of course! -_-

hey Kicker, would you mind posting up some new pics of your Valkyrie collection!? ^_^ Only if that's ok with you of course! -_-

I hope he does, but he's been gun-shy about it since some jealous pricks started trying to blame him for all the ills of the world simply because he can afford all of that cool stuff.

Which is lame. Not kicker, but the additude towards his pics. It is nobody's business how or why he can afford socks let alone collecting transforming planes.

He could post pics all day long for all I care. It is general consensus that he has one of, if not the largest, personal collection of Macross. Right? Share away. Ignore the haters.

Yeah, I was referring to the stuff on the shelf you were planning to eliminate.

I will probably sell some of the loose detroids (these are not the Yamato ones). I wont let go of the 1/55 elint and ostrich.

Hey Kicker, love you quote from your wife about the M3... I finally got my e92 M3 this year, but I only got there because I only collect one of everything :p Your little stack is the cost of my Paint Protection Film this summer!!! Good to see you also have good tastes in cars too.

I would love to see your finished display once its re-organized too.

Will do. I haven't been really taking any pictures lately. Yeah I wanted to get one and almost did, but with my career and field of work it would not be practical to drive an M3 around the area I work. Maybe in the future if my career changes or heads a different direction.

I'm actually excited this weekend. Other than the ODs arriving last weekend, another item is coming tomorrow and will definitely take up my time in putting it together and displaying it in the Macross room. Crossing my fingers that its handled carefully by the shipping company. Debating if I should completely take out the Desktop PC and table since I'm running out of space. Its a big item and will definitely be one of the items that will stand out from the room since you can't miss it. (And no its not a life size Minmay doll)

I will be hitting you up on those stands Yeti. Still trying to figure out how many and what parts I need.

Finally busted this guy out. I love the feel and weight. I have to say the color is really dark and I like it a good bit too. Lots of character in this piece and I'm very pleased with it. I do think I'll keep it in fighter for now and wait for the 0S or 0A for Bat.

I love how big the gunpod is too.

lEWJ3sUl.jpg

Finally busted this guy out. I love the feel and weight. I have to say the color is really dark and I like it a good bit too. Lots of character in this piece and I'm very pleased with it. I do think I'll keep it in fighter for now and wait for the 0S or 0A for Bat.

I love how big the gunpod is too.

lEWJ3sUl.jpg

looks great on display! :)

Thanks.

Question, when I pulled the leg tab to insert the gunpod, the rod that pulls out to give you the A stance - it felt pretty loose. Nothing looked broken, but is that how it's suppose to feel? It snapped back into place pretty firmly.

My VF-0D from NY finally arrived today. When I got the shipping box, I did a double take because they sent it in the factory shipper, which indicates 2 valks per box (I only ordered 1), and thought maybe there was some kind of mistake and that they accidentally sent 2. But no, just one valk.

I haven't had time to really play with it and transform it, but here are a few of my observations from inspecting and handling in fighter mode:

1) The color is pretty dark, a little darker than I would have liked. It's not a deal breaker by any means, but that slightly weathered-looking, lighter blue shade would have been perfect.

2) The toy looks a lot better seen in person vs. pictures. The 0D was not a design that I was a big fan of, and I warmed up to it a lot more from looking at pictures on this thread. But now actually having the toy in hand, I can say that it's a great looking bird.

3) There's a nice solid weight to the toy. It feels like a substantial toy.

4) Not the biggest fan of all the pointy bits, esp. the two smaller fins near the intakes where most people are likely to hold the toy.

5) Am I the only one who thinks the position of the front landing gear relative to the head laser is a bit weird? How is that supposed to work?

6) Love the detail on the pilot figures and cockpit. I'm glad I'm not the factory worker who has to paint those little tiny details on the figures.

Overall, I'm actually really glad I broke down and got this. If it turns out that these new, Arcadia-designed valks are going to have very limited runs and no reissues, better to get in on it now if you're on the fence about it. As I see it, you can always sell it off later if it turns out that you don't like it, whereas it could be much harder to pick one up for a reasonable price if you decide you like it after they've sold out. As it was, this and the YF-19 were at the upper limit of what I'd pay for a single toy, so if not now then I'd probably never get one. Which would have been too bad as it turns out I actually really like this design.

*snip*

5) Am I the only one who thinks the position of the front landing gear relative to the head laser is a bit weird? How is that supposed to work?

*snip*

do you mean the head laser getting in the way of nose landing gear when you go to extend or retract it? If so the VF-1A does suffer from the very same problem.. I don't really mind that it happens.. what bugs me more is the position of the gunpod when stowed away under the belly in fighter mode which blocks the tail hook from working.. now that was silly.. shame shame Arcadia (and Mr.k) shame.

Edited by spanner76

do you mean the head laser getting in the way of nose landing gear when you go to extend or retract it? If so the VF-1A does suffer from the very same problem.. I don't really mind that it happens.. what bugs me more is the position of the gunpod when stowed away under the belly in fighter mode which blocks the tail hook from working.. now that was silly.. shame shame Arcadia (and Mr.k) shame.

Hmm... I haven't handled my 1As in fighter mode in quite a while, so I can't recall about the head laser.

I had some more time today to handle the toy and do a little transforming -- stopped at Gerwalk mode today. Some more observations:

1) Yikes, this toy is dangerous. I'm really not a fan of all the sharp bits, especially the tips of the rear stabilizer fins that fold over the legs. I was constantly poking myself while trying to get the thing into Gerwalk.

2) The joints on this toy were TIGHT. A little too tight if you ask me. There were a few times I was afraid I might break it while trying to get something to move. In fact, the Gerwalk joints were so tight that in most cases of trying to move them I ended up unseating the hips from their pets.

3) Amazing range of motion in the knees. You can really get some deep Gerwalk stances with these joints.

Despite some of the issues, I am enjoying the toy so far. Glad I decided to get this one.

Hmm... I haven't handled my 1As in fighter mode in quite a while, so I can't recall about the head laser.

I had some more time today to handle the toy and do a little transforming -- stopped at Gerwalk mode today. Some more observations:

1) Yikes, this toy is dangerous. I'm really not a fan of all the sharp bits, especially the tips of the rear stabilizer fins that fold over the legs. I was constantly poking myself while trying to get the thing into Gerwalk.

2) The joints on this toy were TIGHT. A little too tight if you ask me. There were a few times I was afraid I might break it while trying to get something to move. In fact, the Gerwalk joints were so tight that in most cases of trying to move them I ended up unseating the hips from their pets.

3) Amazing range of motion in the knees. You can really get some deep Gerwalk stances with these joints.

Despite some of the issues, I am enjoying the toy so far. Glad I decided to get this one.

She has a few sharp tips yes! I had my first blood drawing incident over the weekend when messing about with the one in fighter mode.. punctured my left thumb with the right hand side vertical stabilizer tip and slightly bent the tip too.. I was able to straighten it 99% back but the plastic slightly stressed and I don't want to push my luck with it. <_<

Some joints are pretty crazy tight! The upper leg (Gerwalk) joint in particular.. makes shifting modes a little scary when you have to use more force than you are comfortable with. Having one in each mode means I will never attempt another transformation with them... EVER! -_-

Articulation is good but also hampered in some modes.. Especially Battroid. The bigger wings get in the way restricting leg movement further back and I don't like how the ankle joints don't seem to move as far forward as the do backwards.

I thought that maybe the ankle joints were still over tight being so new but I think im wrong about that..

Definitely enjoying having them too! And glad I can display one in each mode making excessive transformations to different modes completely unnecessary! :D

Edited by spanner76

Wife noticed me organizing my shelves so well and installed new LED lights, she asked me to organize her closet...uhm I'm will try to get out of that one, or else I'm going to be delayed. I haven't even opened the boxes yet. Crossing fingers..

Throw away all of her clothes and tell her it'd be easier if she just did everything naked.