Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

So guys, I agree with everything you have written on this VF0D, I add my impressions: l 'I turned without looking at the book because the same versions yamato, only the wings are different but do not need the instructions to figure out how to rotate, arcadia unfortunately with this model it is wasted as little as possible, he inserted pins and metal joints that give stability to valkyria (something quite precarious versions yamato) mode battroid, but otherwise, placed near the two versions (yamato and arcadia) are identical. The posabilità has improved as far as possible with the 'obstruction that create reactors (also) against the folded wings, feet finally stand still, having the' metal interior. but the hands are the same as yamato, that is painful. I expected them to change the most vf, as they have for the yf19 that at this point for me is the best product arcadia macross to date product. Dispassionate advice to all of you to assess the 'exposure before the' purchase of the next vf0s vf0a and, if you have to expose it in fighter can safely try versions yamato, without spending twice as much for this arcadia. If you want to expose in fighter or gerwalk, then it is worth taking the new model. For me, the high cost of this valk is absolutely unjustified, the majority definition of the pilots and the cabin does not lead to higher costs of production, nor even the 'use of metal in the joints. Undoubtedly a valk to have for fans of the genre, but for the first time, I expected more from arcadia. For once the tremendous effort that has made bandai passing from v1 to renewal, beats by far the work done by arcadia for this new "vf0d" ...

I got mine from amiami. The EMS shipping was surprisingly 4000 yen and the item was well sealed and packed. Thanks to the weak yen I paid a total amount of $301.56. Not bad at all. Also I am glad I didn't order from HLJ cause they would have just thrown the vf-0d in a box with a few air bubbles and shipped it. I really hate them for doing that with every big item.

Dude like really? Only problem I had is that Everything was not locking properly on mine in fighter mode (wing-legs-backpack) out of the box. Adjusting it had some domino effect on the intake section. But after some fiddling everything locked in nicely, including the stand adaptor with gunpod attached

So I'm going to guess I'm the only one who had their leg fly off the first time they pulled the intakes away from the nosecone.

If they didn't change the way the legs peg onto the hip bar, I can see that happening easily. That is, assuming you mean that's how it came off.

Sadly this isn't one of those cases where the leg just pegs back in. It looks like maybe this is a half metal half plastic ball joint and the plastic half sheered off or something. The leg is completely free with seemingly no hope for reattachment.

post-2677-0-94496900-1426406228_thumb.jpg

Edited by jenius

Sadly this isn't one of those cases where the leg just pegs back in. It looks like maybe this is a half metal half plastic ball joint and the plastic half sheered off or something. The leg is completely free with seemingly no hope for reattachment.

oh crap! that's rather unfortunate. Sorry to see that.. I take it this happened whilst man handling it for a video review?

Edited by spanner76

It was the second time I ever slid the legs out from the inner position, I was about to start posing the toy for pics in battroid for the first time. I can only imagine that since that mechanism was stiff that the force needed to get mechanism moving was more than the force the ball joint could withstand.

Edit - I will say it's very odd though, looking at what I'm left with I have no idea how it worked. It looks like the metal rod was glued into the plastic socket as I can't see anything that's actually broken. I think I'm going to take the leg apart to try to figure it out a bit better.

Edited by jenius

yes that's very odd.. after seeing yours broken I had a quick look at the one I have shifted to battroid and although they are reasonably stiff to pull out, they don't show any signs of trouble lurking.. or that I can tell anyways.. I don't think I will be messing about with it too much now especially!

I tried pulling those legs outward when I first transformed it to Battroid, but it was too difficult that I just gave up.

Even though I said this thing feels like it's built like a tank, I won't be attempting it again after seeing this.

I keep mine on Gerwalk mode, and on a stand most of the time, and it may remain that way for the foreseeable future.

On a first look those seems to be like the shoulder joint on the VF-17.

It is like a 2 piece ball, half rubber and half metal. The day I disassembled the 17's shoulder, the little rubber piece fell off, but it seemed not to glued in any way.

You maybe pulled the leg too hard and the leg just poped out. This is exactly what I did to my 17, I just loose the screws and pulled the arm out.

It seems you'll may need to disassemble the intake part of the leg to put it back in (hoping it is not super glued).

If those joints are like the shoulder joints on the VF-17, it is not broken :)

Edited by Froy

Jenius, if you take it apart and need to replace a broken internal part let me know. I can model something and make it available on shapeways if I can't print it well enough myself.

Guest davidwhangchoi

sorry about what happened... it doesn't look like something broke by the pics, hopefully it's like froy's 17 ball design.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

So I'm going to guess I'm the only one who had their leg fly off the first time they pulled the intakes away from the nosecone.

T_T that looks painful, man... i would feel as messed up as the valk looks, especially at that price point.

On a first look those seems to be like the shoulder joint on the VF-17.

It is like a 2 piece ball, half rubber and half metal. The day I disassembled the 17's shoulder, the little rubber piece fell off, but it seemed not to glued in any way.

You maybe pulled the leg too hard and the leg just poped out. This is exactly what I did to my 17, I just loose the screws and pulled the arm out.

It seems you'll may need to disassemble the intake part of the leg to put it back in (hoping it is not super glued).

If those joints are like the shoulder joints on the VF-17, it is not broken :)

nice post-mortem with a ray of hope at the end! =)

Jenius, if you take it apart and need to replace a broken internal part let me know. I can model something and make it available on shapeways if I can't print it well enough myself.

CY to the rescue! =)

Boy that was the wrong guy to get a defective one. Arcadia has just earned them selves a bad review. :p

On my copy can't seem to connect the intakes to the chest piece. Every time I move the thing they pop off. Anyone else having this problem?

Edited by Sandman

I got it from HLJ so I've emailed them and will cross my fingers. I tried to get into the leg to that point last night and will hopefully try again tonight though I've got a rather full evening ahead of me. I was pleasantly surprised last night not to find much glue in my endeavor. There's a screw cap that sits very flush but can be removed. If the intake turbine detail is glued in it's not glued very well and doesn't need to be, it pegs in quite securely. So I can almost get the whole thing open but there must be some trick to the front of the leg because while I can get the back shimmying apart the front wasn't following suit. I think it's like Froy said where the ball has split in two with the rubber side having seized in the recessed position and just didn't slide forward with the rest of the hip though I won't know for sure until (or if) I get it all the way apart.

EDIT - Victory, I had a few minutes before my guests came over and decided to look at the leg one more time. I did get it partially assembled enough to free the sliding mechanism and it is exactly as suspected. The plastic part of the ball, which I presume is glued to the metal part, was frozen within the housing. So now the question is, can it be fused back together... any suggestions? I'll post a pic once the guests leave.

Edited by jenius

What a crap situation you're in Jenius, but from the sounds of things it might end up being really good for all parties if we find out how this whole mechanism works and between you and Froy can get it back together and working.

Honestly, I don't understand the benefit of using the half plastic ball joint, they seem to cause more trouble than anything in every place I've seen them used. The assembly actually looks enough like the v.1 that you might be able to replace the hip bar with a solid metal one.

Edited by Chronocidal

Okay, so it's exactly like Froy said, apparently the plastic part isn't even supposed to be adhered to the metal hemisphere. Instead, the metal hemisphere has a square on it that protrudes into the plastic hemisphere. The pair is united by the pressure of a black metal block they are in and the sleeve that is housed within. The black metal block is a square not much larger than the ball joint with teeth on either side so that it can slide back and forth but not slide all the way out and not spin. The black square is kept under pressure by both the housing it's in (exactly the same size as the metal block) and by a screw. In my case it seems like that screw must not have been tightened enough and that there was just too much friction on the block preventing it from sliding. When the block did begin to slide it needed a lot of pressure which meant it hit hard against the stopper and maybe a combination of the angle the leg was at and a loose screw in the block allowed the metal half to disengage and the leg to pop free. Fortunately, everything was able to be accessed enough to perform the surgery and I think the only glue that was freed was behind the turbine detail (but maybe I'm just mistaking flawed paint behind the turbine as dried glue).

So, the leg is back on, though the seam on the front of the leg is definitely not as tight as it was before the surgery it's still a lot better than having a legless valk. Maybe HLJ will still be able to come up with something to help but I fear a replacement leg would require the same surgery and leave me no better off. You'll be able to see lots of "after" pics when I finish up this review.

Edited by jenius