Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Wow it's finally coming.

Hope its nice and tight in the ankles. That was the biggest complaint of yf-19.

Happy to know they are going to do Roy VF-0S too. One thing I like about the old design is how much kibble they don't have compared to newer valks from the frontier era which are starting to get anorexic. And compared to destroid the 80s valk were considered skinny too.

Looks like a VF-1 to me. lol

Maybe you got sent the wrong toy?

Will the toy stand up in robot mode without falling? What are the joints like? quality assessment would be nice.

Still waiting for mine. Will probably leave it in fighter mode with the VF-4 and yf-30. They all have the delta wing so they are bros.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Wow it's finally coming.

Hope its nice and tight in the ankles. That was the biggest complaint of yf-19.

Happy to know they are going to do Roy VF-0S too. One thing I like about the old design is how much kibble they don't have compared to newer valks from the frontier era which are starting to get anorexic. And compared to destroid the 80s valk were considered skinny too.

This sucker, at least mine is tighter than any other Macross toy I've ever owned. Have fun with your 0D when it arrives!!

I pulled one of mine out of the box tonight and am really liking it. I only had time to pop on the missiles, retract the landing gears and install the pilots. Overall though I am very impressed, the build feels solid so far although I have only had it in fighter mode.

Sorry, I'm in a goofy mood. Waiting and waiting.

mine are so close now I sware I can smell their plasticy freshness! sniiiiiiifffffffff hmmm yep that's them alright!

just checked the tracking and they have arrived at Australia Post distribution center.. hurry up!!

Anyone else experience any paint chipping or scratching? my Zero's have finally touched down in Sydney! Think I'll be pushing my luck for delivery tomorrow so most likely Monday next week.. :/

Glad to hear that from you, Spanner! Mine just arrived at Kuala Lumpur! :)

Man, this thing is TIGHT. I was afraid something was going to snap just separating the legs from the backpack/arms. And again, swinging the left arm around from Fighter mode. Talk about effort. Part of the issue is that the chest piece isn't as wide as on the old VF-0's so that rotating shoulder piece is shorter. It's harder to get leverage on it to rotate.

Also, I braved transformation without removing the various stabilizer bits. It's not as hard as it seems, really. Especially once you get it loosened a bit. Still be careful if you do, a slipped hand and you're snapping a peg off.

Edited by Mommar

Tighter than the vf-4? My vf-4 was alarmingly tight when I first transformed it. My 0d is out of customs in LA and heading home! EMS.

I don't recall much of either of my VF-4's being THAT tight. The one caveat being the small metal hinges for the arms, which were absolutely frighting to pull down on. This thing is pretty alarmingly tight IMO, I thought I was going to break it. You just have to work the legs to the sides a bit and remember that there are two pegs. One for the backpack and one further down attached to the arms. Just make sure you detach one but not the other before cranking down on the Gerwalk joint.

Just got mine. I need to remind myself to never use EMS when SAL registered is available - Canada custom always tax those EMS shipments.

Some joints are freaking tight especially the intake hinges. The stand adapters has a hex hole that should be only compatible with the new Arcadia stand. Now how the F can I put the fighter mode adapter on without scratching it to hell?

Arcadia YF-19 missiles works on it, except the big missile mounts are not attaching, but they already attach poorly on the YF-19.

Edit: Damn thing is taller than the 25S. How massive will a 0S + armor be?

post-467-0-59699600-1425586383_thumb.jpg

Edited by CF18

Just got mine. I need to remind myself to never use EMS when SAL registered is available - Canada custom always tax those EMS shipments.

Some joints are freaking tight especially the intake hinges. The stand adapters has a hex hole that should be only compatible with the new Arcadia stand. Now how the F can I put the fighter mode adapter on without scratching it to hell?

Arcadia YF-19 missiles works on it, except the big missile mounts are not attaching, but they already attach poorly on the YF-19.

The fighter mode adapter is extremely tight. It alarmingly squeezes the legs together with a lot of force. If you do manage to get it on, it is difficult to remove.

I have made a replacement available. It has the same hex hole in it and should be just as compatible with stands as the included one.

You can find it here.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'd say all white parts that are painted blue are prone to getting scratched easily but I noticed that after swinging the arms from fighter to gerwalk, the shoulders rubbed the legs. I think I'll be popping off the legs off the main body first before swinging the arms forward from now on.

81BB0B93-0957-4F61-B9B1-4887352921C3.jpg

so is this preventable or going to scratch in this area no matter what :unsure:

I checked mine earlier today. I have the same scratches. It is the diecast shoulder plate that is rubbing against the intake when you swing out the arms. Just make sure you are mindful of it and rotate the shoulder out of the way. Pretty surprising how cleanly it scrapped off, though. No wear, just straight down to the white plastic.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I checked mine earlier today. I have the same scratches. It is the diecast shoulder plate that is rubbing against the intake when you swing out the arms. Just make sure you are mindful of it and rotate the shoulder out of the way. Pretty surprising how cleanly it scrapped off, though. No wear, just straight down to the white plastic.

got it! thanks.

i guess the 0d war torn scratch weathering starts right now with the chief engineer yelling at Shin "you scratching my "kawaii" paint"

I guess you have to detach the legs before swinging the arms forward to prevent this from happening.

I had been detaching them. I think the issue is with how tight the shoulders are. Just make sure to rotate and angle them clear out of the way.

Hands down I love this VF-0D, its not floppy, super tight joints, everything locks in place and the added Die-cast metal gives it that extra balancing weight, even the hands hold the Gunpod nice & secure. If you haven't ordered one yet.... Do it!! B))

post-6180-0-13490400-1425593015_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-87755400-1425593021_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-97138100-1425593027_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-80566900-1425593034_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-34909700-1425593041_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-96911900-1425593063_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-97582800-1425593069_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-40334700-1425593079_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-24111500-1425593090_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-81374500-1425593097_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-14872400-1425593105_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-96422000-1425593112_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-23090400-1425593121_thumb.jpg

Edited by 505thAirborne

So I just dug out some missiles from my 1/60v2 VF-1's and they do not fit. The pegs on those are 2.2mm while the pegs on the 0D missile pods are 1.9mm.

Way to go Arcadia. When are you releasing the $100.00 extra weapons pack..... :angry:

Don't need a missile pack. We got enough missiles to last the next 5 releases with the 19 ;)