Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

nah to do that you have to have a slide lever or something, and I'm not sure if there would be room before the cockpit anyway. Im ok with Removing it. Its a little like the Engine covers; I just accept it :)

yeah I guess removing it is fine but it takes away slightly from the "perfect transformation" thing.. It wouldn't have needed a visible sliding lever thing if it only slid in and out even only half its length it would have been ok..

But I guess Arcadia knows best so there's a reason why they didn't make it that way.

Mine's have good ankle, and I think on average it should be good too, as that ball inside the joint is really.... big....

And a small advice for you guys, pull off the tail fins on the legs before you transform the fins or extend the ankle parts, that ankle is really hard to push in or pull out ;)

Have fun with your bird :)

SgTCHNG.jpg

So there is room to allow a 90 degree bend on the legs? or are you using the gerwalk joint? That's not possible on the vf-1s'

So there is room to allow a 90 degree bend on the legs? or are you using the gerwalk joint? That's not possible on the vf-1s'

The knee joint can bent forward around 45 degree for gerwalk, and backward for 90 degree. The range of movement is quite good for a valk :)

x3qHDaS.jpg

nah to do that you have to have a slide lever or something, and I'm not sure if there would be room before the cockpit anyway. Im ok with Removing it. Its a little like the Engine covers; I just accept it :)

I thought you could keep the pitot tube mounted under the nose if you just rotated it 180 degrees? Might not want to leave it on during transformation, but I was under the impression that was actually what happened in the animation as well.

Isn't that level of leg articulation standard for valks these days? All modern Bandai valks can do that, and a number of Yamato/Arcadia ones can too.

Yes, but you can't do that on the v2 vf-1s' because the wings, once folded for battroid, gets in the way of the legs when bended forward. You get like 20 degrees, then you have to use the gerwalk joint. I thought this was going to be the same.

Edited by 3D-Brainx

Yes, but you can't do that on the v2 vf-1s' because the wings, once folded for battroid, gets in the way of the legs when bended forward. You get like 20 degrees, then you have to use the gerwalk joint. I thought this was going to be the same.

eh?

Nobody folds their DYRL VF-1 wings in their right mind. Unless out of available display-space.

Folded wings are only for TV VF-1.

:p

Edited by treatment

Well the wings on the specific picture are unfolded on the VF0D as well...

Well the wings on the specific picture are unfolded on the VF0D as well...

Not on the first pic. The one of my original comment

eh?

Nobody folds their DYRL VF-1 wings in their right mind. Unless out of available display-space.

Folded wings are only for TV VF-1.

:p

Well, yeah, but unfolded wings collide with the shoulders if bended 90 degrees forward

That is one impressive pic Tober, truly a good morning for you! B))

Yeah, but only one is mine. :)

Well yes there is something better.. waking up to a box of triple D's!!! ;)

Well, you know what they say about anything more than a handful being a waste... ;)

I thought you could keep the pitot tube mounted under the nose if you just rotated it 180 degrees? Might not want to leave it on during transformation, but I was under the impression that was actually what happened in the animation as well.

I don't think you ever see it clearly in the anime. I always assumed it slid back int the nosecone, but they couldn't pull that off easily on the toy.

on the toy i think the attachment peg would be on an angle to match the nose, so if u spin it it wouldn't sit flush.

Edited by Scream Man

Sorry if this was brought up before but I gotta ask: Why is there a pitot tube/probe antenna for the VF-0 in the first place? I thought only test versions of aircraft had them unless the whole VF-0 series was meant as to be used as test subjects for the VF-1s.

Hopefully shipment comes in today or I gotta wait till Wednesday.

Thanks for the info. Was just wondering why it's those long pointy ones and not the smaller less conspicuously L shaped ones or a little one at the tip of the nose. Maybe because it's moves in 3 axis in different modes?

Sorry if this was brought up before but I gotta ask: Why is there a pitot tube/probe antenna for the VF-0 in the first place? I thought only test versions of aircraft had them unless the whole VF-0 series was meant as to be used as test subjects for the VF-1s.

Hopefully shipment comes in today or I gotta wait till Wednesday.

All aircraft have a pitot tube of some sort or another but this thing looks more like some kind of boom like on early test planes or maybe it has more to do with radar/sensory system or electronic warfare perhaps?