Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Guest davidwhangchoi

Don't be so sensitive. The comment was benign and topical and Arcadia was born from the demise of another company so it's not like the fears/discussion are unfounded.

???

its not on topic, keep repeating the same nonsense that arcadia may exit macross. really? after one mold which they did well with: yf-19? (but i know you keep on spouting the same point over and over and over.)

back on topic. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

i'm not digging the current 0d colors, but on mr. k's twitter when he showed the latest color everyone that responded to the twitter was so complementary. i fear this may be the final color.

i'm going to wait and hold out for the final production pictures then may decide to cancel if its the same shade.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

If Arcadia was smart they'd do limited low vis releases of all future vf-0 stuff.

I'm never been a fan of white. To me is not representative of what the planes would be if real. They would be metallic but in anime they just make the heroes white because they are good guys. The bad guy (ivanov) gets black to symbolise evil.

White knight vs black knight.

The greyish colour on roy's VF-1 plane in sdfm is my fave.

That plus urban camo gbp makes the robots look more real.

urbangbp.jpg

I still have my old yamato low vis 1/48 vf-1 and it looks great but a little sticky. The grey skull emblem on the heatshield is how I would envision vf-1 if it existed in real life.

But for transformers it is the opposite for me as I prefer the toon colors. Generations grimlock with g1 colours looks better than the video game colours. chrome gold painted chest looks awesome. Reminds me of when I was kid and the toys had shiny paint. The first starscream masterpiece release in low vis looked bad to me compared to his cartoon colors.

But in macross I like the low vis vf-1, vf-25s, vf-11b cannon fodder and vf-4. All the grey stuff.

I wish vf-0d had a faded blue paint. And the rest that wasn't blue was metallic/grey.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I sure hope that's not final, because it's the worst of all (not only is the blue way off, it looks white instead of light grey)

Yet, this pic is at the top of the post:

ttl.jpg

That's perfect---but again, what Arcadia knows it should be, and what the factory guys in China can actually do (or care to try hard enough to get "close enough") are two different things.

I sure hope that's not final, because it's the worst of all (not only is the blue way off, it looks white instead of light grey)

and yet it's the closest they've come to a color scheme I'd actually buy.

That color there doesn't offend me, but why the hell can't they get this right? I know for some of you it's make or break, and it'd be great if Arcadia doesn't piss off some of their fanbase as that affects how many more of these things I can get too.

Look better than the last pictures they showed, but the one on the banner was the best one IMO.

May be the problem is letting us get involved in this. We never complain about Bandai not getting a color right (or if we did, we never id it to this extent), they just "this is what we are making, PO is..., buy it" May be Arcadia should do the same. Less complains, more orders.

No drooping or gap here as well.

To be honest I do find it a rather beautiful blue color, even if it isn't right.

YAY! Your right, no droop. A glimmer of hope! Any news about the tampo printing? Can anyone ask or suggest?

YAY! Your right, no droop. A glimmer of hope! Any news about the tampo printing? Can anyone ask or suggest?

Given those Gerwalk photos there it looks like the UN Spacy labels, Kites and the Red Intake (possibly not that as it's on white) markings are all tampo'ed. I would be shocked if anything else were

I get the feeling I'm going to regret not swinging for two of these.

Not very worried about the colour as long as Mr-K is aware of it. On top of that, except for some of those which are primarily white I think the toys colours have never been completely anime accurate.

Anyway, I'm very happy about the sheer amount of die-cast, the nice panel lines and -is it tampo printing what we see?

Not very worried about the colour as long as Mr-K is aware of it. On top of that, except for some of those which are primarily white I think the toys colours have never been completely anime accurate.

Anyway, I'm very happy about the sheer amount of die-cast, the nice panel lines and -is it tampo printing what we see?

No, that's not all Tampo. The 305, the Yellow arrow, the pilots names, anything you see on the feet. I can definitively say are all decals. I can't tell if the little red danger arrow is tampo or a well trimmed decal, nor the Red intake markings or the red/white triangles below the cockpits. Yamato went back and forth between tampoing those two things on the VF-1. If they're decals they're well trimmed.

mr. k admits it came out unexpectedly dark. (T-3 test valk)

here`s hoping there's one more shot.

that color is truly a max machine!

Sigh----I think it's clear they don't understand tone vs shade. It's not too dark. It's too saturated. If they lighten it from the T-3, then they'll be back to the "VF-22 Max" color again from a while ago. It needs to be greyer, not lighter.

Sigh----I think it's clear they don't understand tone vs shade. It's not too dark. It's too saturated. If they lighten it from the T-3, then they'll be back to the "VF-22 Max" color again from a while ago. It needs to be greyer, not lighter.

^This is correct. It is a matter of saturation.

I have no idea how factory colors work for plastics. Can you just show them a book of pantone colors and they have a formula to mix the colors in a certain ratio?

Yes. Pantone, or equivalent, for standard colors, but also custom mixes should not present a problem as, much like paint matching, there are applications and equipment to pin down correct mixing ratios to arrive at a desired end result... which begs the question: Is Arcadia dealing with complete incompetents or armatures on the raw material sourcing side of production?

which begs the question: Is Arcadia dealing with complete incompetents or amateurs on the raw material sourcing side of production?

Based on the YF-19's color changes/issues, and their utter inability to get anywhere near the proper VF-0D color, I'd say yes.

*amateurs

unless you really meant armatures?

staying on-topic, the color doesn't bother me much, the toy looks pretty awesome design-wise (i never collected the vf-0 line).

amateur, amateurs (plural):

• noun, a person inexperienced or unskilled in a particular activity.
  • adjective, characteristic of or engaged in by an amateur; nonprofessional.