Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

I'm gonna pass on this, only reason is because 300 dollars is just to damn high for my liking and I'm skeptical that this is gonna be any good after the fumbles I've had with the VF-0 in the past.

Passing by virtue of a high SRP is pretty understandable, but I wouldn't let experience with the Yamato VF-0's have any bearing. Arcadia/Yamato really stepped up on QC after what I assume is them learning from those past failures - IMO.

Loose ankles do not equate to exploding arms and crumbling plastic.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I think the reason why Arcadia released the YF-19 and the VF-0D is that Yamato already developed these toys and planned on releasing them next thus a good portion of the development work was already done. I wonder what the next new mold will be. I hope that there will be a new mold. :)

true

I'd like to know what does much of the Japanese market thinks of the way Arcadia's managed it's latest releases.

Floppy ankle YF-19

Mini-SDF that noone wanted.

Re-release VF-19Kai that nobody asked for.

Expensive VF-0D with wrong color so far and no considerable extras.

Seriously, if Arcadia needs to still recoup loses, all they need to do if re-release M&M v2's and the VF-4G.

I'd like to know what does much of the Japanese market thinks of the way Arcadia's managed it's latest releases.

Floppy ankle YF-19

Mini-SDF that noone wanted.

Re-release VF-19Kai that nobody asked for.

Expensive VF-0D with wrong color so far and no considerable extras.

Seriously, if Arcadia needs to still recoup loses, all they need to do if re-release M&M v2's and the VF-4G.

Don't necessarily disagree with the need for Arcadia to seriously consider some tweaks with their release schedule (that is unless this has turned out to be a sound business strategy for them).

With regards to previous Valkyries and re-releases, just keep them strictly made-to-order. If most or all of the production costs have been recouped already it should be easy enough for them to maximize profits and keep things going.

Regarding the 0D, the shade of blue will be just fine - it's just a matter of price (and perceived value of what you get for the money), how well pre-orders do thru to release and of course the quality of the finished product.

-b.

The 19' was pretty much Yamato, and finished by Arcadia, the VF-0D is more Arcadia than Yamato. Still, at this point we still haven't seen

a pure Arcadia concept come to fruition, and so far, most have been met with controversy.

I hope the VF-0D does well, it's really all going to determine what happens next. As far as what they should release next?

Honestly, not sure.. I mean what valk hasn't been made, to date, that would sell a ton of units? I know you guys all wish

they would make X, Y and Z models. Just remember Hero valks are what make money. There's not many left.

The VF-4G FB2012 is in licensing hell, but trust me when I say, they want it.
Be prepared for more re-releases of Hero valks from SDFM and DYRL.
I still think it's a long shot to even see a 19 repaint, they are just a huge risk.

So if You want to play that what could be next game.. just use this list, and check off what's been done.

Bold = Yamato release
Strike = Arcadia release

1) Hikaru's 1J (coming with Armor in Jan 14')
2) Roy's 1S
3) Max's 1S DYRL

4) Kakizaki's 1A DYRL

5) Max's 1J

6) Milia's 1J
7) Hikaru's 1S DYRL
8) Hikaru's 1A DYRL
9) Hikaru's VF-1D SDFM
10) Isamu's YF-19
11) Isamu's VF-11B

13) Basara's VF-19 FIIYYYAAA!
14) Hikaru's VF-4G FB2012

15) Shin's VF-0D

16) Shin's VF-0A
17) Roy's VF-0S

Still a chance that we might see a VT at some point.

Considering the VE-1 was one of the last Yammy releases
I highly doubt they will risk a re-release yet.

the lack of standard easy to release VF-1 re-release's make me think something

else might be going forward.....

What is Yamato vs. what is a brand new Arcadia design doesn't mean a whole lot. Yamato was going very high end at the end of their run and that appears to be where Arcadia has landed to. Therefore, both companies would just call T-Rex and say something like "We want vehicle Y with approximately X parts." So while the 0D and 19 both were Yamato projects, if they hadn't been they'd probably have come out the same.

I will say this... economists are predicting a global downturn next year.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/doom-and-gloom-2015-global-recession-warning-from-financial-seers-of-the-century-9624700.html

We could see Yamato crashing all over again in Arcadia if they don't stay profitable. Or at the least fewer releases.

In China and other emerging markets, the old problem of relying on indebted Americans to buy more of their goods each year and not selling enough to their own people, means a glut of underused factories.

“The world hopes to ride on the coat-tails of the US consumer,” says Eswar Prasad, an economist at Cornell University, “but the US consumer isn’t in a position to take on the burden.”

Emerging markets bounced back faster from the financial crisis than did rich countries, but Mr Levy thinks a big reason for that has made things worse. Overseas companies ploughed money into factories, machines and buildings used to make things on the assumption that exports would grow at a pre-recession pace. They have not – a big problem since companies had been expanding production before the crisis, too.

Probably a big reason prices are going up steadily.

It's all speculation, but if a powerhouse like Hot Toys starts raising prices... a small company like Arcadia won't be far behind.

Does anybody know the success of their "dolls" and stuff?

Edited by Gakken85

@Gakken85.. well if you put it that way then im more than happy to pay their high asking prices if it helps them keep afloat and produce more Macross Valkyrie goodness to feed my addiction!

Well $#!7 aren't I the model consumer.. :p

Edited by spanner76

Guest davidwhangchoi

new test prototype. T-1 for any corrections.

just like the yf-19 went through several test birds to adjust the color. (he code named them T-1, T-2, etc.)

where we'll see the first experiment in change in colors as well as testing for any structural issues with factory parts before going into mass production.

This is why a couple of us were not believing in the photoshopped pics of the new colors of the 0D as they use the same prototype resin Vf-0D demo for all magazine photos shoots.

he didn't start with the testing stage until now. which is right around the time the yf-19 starting Q&A testing.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I think they need to re-issue some VF-1 FAST packs. I wouldn't mind grabbing a few. Not to mention they re-released some DYRL valks sans FP's. What's up with that?

OT but I totally agree, but I am kind of worried with Arcadia pricing. Hopefully they wont put in useless extras to increase the price more.If at all, they can easily remove the now standard Optional parts as well.

new test prototype. T-1 for any corrections.

just like the yf-19 went through several test birds to adjust the color. (he code named them T-1, T-2, etc.)

where we'll see the first experiment in change in colors as well as testing for any structural issues with factory parts before going into mass production.

This is why a couple of us were not believing in the photoshopped pics of the new colors of the 0D as they use the same prototype resin Vf-0D demo for all magazine photos shoots.

he didn't start with the testing stage until now. which is right around the time the yf-19 starting Q&A testing.

*please be a solid release*please be a solid release*please be a solid release*

The Photoshop color (still) doesn't bother me because it shows that they've acknowledged the need for a change in color/hue/warmth/whatever and that they have an idea of how it should look more or less.

-b.

Perfect illustration of how the process of tooling these toys progresses. Parts are being molded in whatever scrap plastic is available for the sole purpose of vetting the tooling, checking fit between assembled parts, and testing of moving joints in order to look for potential problem areas that might suffer unexpected stresses, etc. And note that they haven't even added the acid etching to the mold surfaces for the eventual matte finish of the final product.

enjoying! :p

LOL - so late replying.

I am too, between the gaps in news I just sit back and look at the pretty photos (Photoshop or not). Price be damned, I'm not going to let a little thing like going broke stop me from enjoying my hobby. :lol:

-b.

Big difference between these folding wings, and something like the Sv-51 or YF-21... those wings were downward folds that had to stayup against gravity. The VF-0D's wingtips fold upwards, and away from gravity, so their weight will help hold them open, if it has any effect on them at all (assuming you don't mount the plane upside down., in which case, you're on your own. ^_^)

Its back to 3 only pre-orders of the VF-0D for me.. my son has had a change of heart and would prefer to complete his Frontier Valkyrie collection instead and not collect Valks from any other series..

But this may only work out harder for me as not only does he still need a Michael, Ozma & a VF-25A (+ various add on parts for them), he also wants all the YF-29 variants AND a YF-30!

Edited by spanner76