Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Guest davidwhangchoi

It's not the damage that occurs after leaving the retailer that should concern folks when dealing with overseas retailers (insurance covers you for that).....it's the damage to the item present right out of the factory and the online retailer's policies about helping (OR NOT) their customers outside Japan that should be thoroughly researched.... :rolleyes:

translation: go with hlj!

Went with HLJ for now. Hoping for a Black Friday deal from them. Plus, HLJ has the easiest cancellation policy going, so if some better deal materializes before the invoices go out, it's a simple matter to cancel the pre-order.

The thing with HLJ is that, because of the item's price, SAL will not be an option; on the plus side, their FedEx or EMS charges will be somewhere around 2200-2500 Yen... Bandai's YF-30 was 2180 Yen for FedEx.

Well since my birthday is in feb, maybe I can somehow justify 2 of these @ the high price. The wife is definitely not going to see this invoice lol. Placed an order for 2 on HLJ, I am never ordering from Amiami again. CDJ came out to US$ 659.49 EMS with me adding 3769 points to the order, so I will save my points for another item.

NY looks to be one of the better places for all of our international comrades, they will declare a low value for you guys that need it.

I really like HLJ. I've never had anything come from them damaged, and their prices work out pretty good when you consider that shipping is a fair bit cheaper than a lot of the competition, not to mention their Private Warehouse offering. They also have really good customer service, and lots of market coverage. Even at a slight premium, I'd go HLJ every time, just because the service is so much better.

I'd be preordering my VF-0D from them if I hadn't already promised myself years ago that I'd buy the PG Unicorn when it came out. It helps that the Unicorn is marginally cheaper with LEDs than the Arcadia 0D.

Wanted one of these to continue my 2-seater valk streak, but this price is just too insane for my budget. I'll just keep on the lookout for the inevitable "I bought 'x' amount of these valks!!" folks fire selling their multiples in the BST thread once wives start finding out how much these things cost. lol

Or it could become the next VF-4G.

-b.

Quick question: what happens if you try to cancel a pre-order from AmiAmi? What is the fallout from such an action?

Depends how much you buy from them. 'Cancel'; is essentially just not paying, then the item gets cancelled. I have done this numerous times, but I also buy more than i cancel. I suspect if u did it alot without buying as well to offset it, that may hurt you more.

Then it may not become the next VF-4, if the sales continue like this. The VF-4G just did not have enough time on market or numbers really, I am so glad I bought 2 of them.

Now if we could somehow get Arcadia to release the flashback scheme :D

Edited by Loop

Wow the price is pretty high. But hopefully that means they improved the quality a lot since the old days.

The reason I suspect for that is the OVA was not that popular, the valk can't be repainted a million times and sold as a different mech like the vf-1 can, and also the whole strategy of selling high and producing only as many as needed. (creating demand by artificially making the toy scarce to keep the perceived value high in the second hand market)

I guess I can only get one of these. It all started to go high at about the time of the vf-17. Ever since then we have had to save up long in advance to be able to get these things.

So which shop should I go with for preorder? In total what would it cost shipping and item cost in Australian Dollars? (I think AUD is losing value now so I got to adjust my estimate of the cost - when is the date of this black friday sale? Should I wait to preorder on that day? )

VF0D was the one variant I wish yamato gave to us but sadly they skipped it along with the reactive armor.

I hope that this still sells ok because if so it means we might get revisit of VF0-S with reactive armor.

Come on. How can you not want that? That's like saying you don't want VF-11C Full Armor.

I don't really care that much for the ghost booster. It is just a stupid drone that sits on top of the plane and acts like a half-assed FAST pack lol

As for gundam unicorn? Screw that. Macross >>>>>> Gundam. Who cares about LEDs? Isn't that Gundam stuff for little kids. "Ooooh pretty lights". I would rather a transforming jet anyday. I hate it when they put light gimmicks in all the transformers toys.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Anybody make out what MR K is saying here:

I asked him which parts were new and which parts were old.

は新規の機体で、過去にも作ったことがございません。 (回答になっているか心配)

The new aircraft, made in the past will not. (Worried to answer?)

Guest davidwhangchoi

は新規の機体で、過去にも作ったことがございません。 (回答になっているか心配)

The new aircraft, made in the past will not. (Worried to answer?)

there was not a vf-0d made in the past so it's new. i hope i answered correctly?

you asked if there is a difference between the new and old yamato version.

*looks at accessories list*

haha looks like they are not giving us a stand. All the effort must have went into the ankles.......... I hope

Nothing more cool than a robot that can do dynamic action poses without falling over and killing itself. I really don't do any fancy stuff for the YF-19 as a result of the ankles being too floppy. A stand would have given YF-19 better review score.

I wonder if they will do an official transformation vid so we can see the toy at all the angles and handled and posed and played with, instead of boring stills? It's the age of broadband guys. Not 56k dialup. Get with the freaking times.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Guest davidwhangchoi

someone as the question that i had since last year. "Will the ghost booster be compatible to attach to the 0D as the old yf-19 fold booster was able to attach to the new one.

Mr. k said he tried checking if it does but it won't be compatible. Boo

but he wants it to be compatible if he does a new 0A/s

https://twitter.com/Mrk_arcadia/status/521952030382776321

Edited by davidwhangchoi

VF-0Dは新規の機体で、過去にも作ったことがございません。 (回答になっているか心配)

translate: VF-0D is new aircraft and we never made it before. ( I wonder if this answers you question)

my translate: legal issue prevent me from saying we are using any parts from Yamato times

I also asked Mr.K which is tampo print and what's decal.

タンポについては目立つ箇所くらいですかね・・・。細かいマーキングですとズレたり滲んだりしてしまうので・・・。会社的にも不良率は抑えたかったり・・・。 そんな感じであしからず・・・。

translate: bigones that's visible are tampo printed... small ones are marking decals to reduce fail rate (of tampo print)

my translate: as usual, the macross logos and red lines are printed. small pilot seat markings and engine wing markings are decal.

Edited by kyekye

Well at least we know details about which markings will be printed on and which won't be ( :().

I thought we clarified the whole new parts vs. re-used parts on the VF-0D awhile ago and that everything is new from the top down? Or no?

-b.