Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

The blue better be friggin PERFECT for that much money. That'd be like buying a Ferrari with bad paint...

PS---getting it right the first time costs nothing. It's correcting mistakes that costs money. They should hire someone who can differentiate between shade, tone, and hue next time, early on...

This is acceptable:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=118021

This is not:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=118020

Sadly, they're sequential pics from the same shoot, so it's hard to know which is right, if any. Maybe it's actually even worse than the worst one--or better than the best one.

Anyone else think they seem to have gotten rid of the wavy separation line? That's key/unique.

It says 36800 plus tax. Does this mean consumption tax? 8% this year going to 10% in Oct 2015? Domestic purchases only affected or passed on to everyone?

For me personally, If the asking price helps Arcadia bring more valks in the future and keeps them from not dropping the product line then so be it. I'm in for two.

I guess I'm eating instant ramen for the next couple of months years.

Guest davidwhangchoi

The blue better be friggin PERFECT for that much money. That'd be like buying a Ferrari with bad paint...

PS---getting it right the first time costs nothing. It's correcting mistakes that costs money. They should hire someone who can differentiate between shade, tone, and hue next time, early on...

This is acceptable:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=118021

This is not:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=118020

Sadly, they're sequential pics from the same shoot, so it's hard to know which is right, if any. Maybe it's actually even worse than the worst one--or better than the best one.

Anyone else think they seem to have gotten rid of the wavy separation line? That's key/unique.

it's the same bird but without the shoulder scratches as here:

Bvc8ISRCMAACGDX.jpgac150203.jpg

with the colors adjusted in the photo. (the whites are dulled down)

the paint wave are the forearms looks the same, only thing that's throwing me off are the small panels in the legs that are glued on (on the right) and missing (left photo) above the orange stripe and by the ankles.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Look at it the other way. Studio Half Eye's Dangaioh costs almost 4 times as much. If you think long and hard, you may feel better. :wacko: My question is: Will they release the grey version too? Which i prefer infinitely more? And also will this be the price for a future VF-0A or S? Now this is where it gets a nauseating!

And it doesn't come with as many missiles as the 19.

Well, not that we have seen anyway

Was the 0D ever shown anyplace loaded down much anyway? It's not like the cover to This Is Animation Special...

Is it possible they're factoring in that Zero was less popular an animation, and the Valk itself is less popular (plus that paint job is probably more tricky to pull off/expensive than most.)

People have paid that much for the old Yamato's, so it's not that unheard of. Not sure why people are freaking out.

I think I sold my VF-0 Roy for $340 back when the rumors for this toy first surfaced. That wasn't MSRP, but it was what people were willing to pay for a VF-0 at the time.

It's a big price jump over the $250+ I was expecting, but I guess with the extra diecast, improved diemensions, and wing parts it's not so bad. It should be a fairly big piece too, almost a 1/48 size.

With the typical discounts sans tax I could see it around $320 ish. The Yf-19 is selling for around $300.

I didn't buy the 19 because... I don't like the 19 or Plus, but I hope they used that experience to iron out any durability or production issues.

I don't think this Valk has any weird gimmicks that would cause issues like the 19 but it better be spot on haha. No loose ankles or broken up lines.

A kitbash def. isn't an option. If you're going to do that just buy a model kit.

Edited by Gakken85

Unless they have some oddity with how they're doing the ankles there shouldn't be too much in the way of differences between this and the old zero. The fact the VF-1, which they've done to death as both Yamato and Arcadia, has ironed out every damn issue possible would seen to suggest they can fairly easily pull this off without problems (please don't prove me wrong Arcadia.)

People have paid that much for the old Yamato's, so it's not that unheard of. Not sure why people are freaking out.

I think I sold my VF-0 Roy for $340 back when the rumors for this toy first surfaced. That wasn't MSRP, but it was what people were willing to pay for a VF-0 at the time.

It's a big price jump over the $250+ I was expecting, but I guess with the extra diecast, improved diemensions, and wing parts it's not so bad. It should be a fairly big piece too, almost a 1/48 size.

With the typical discounts sans tax I could see it around $320 ish. The Yf-19 is selling for around $300.

I didn't buy the 19 because... I don't like the 19 or Plus, but I hope they used that experience to iron out any durability or production issues.

I don't think this Valk has any weird gimmicks that would cause issues like the 19 but it better be spot on haha. No loose ankles or broken up lines.

A kitbash def. isn't an option. If you're going to do that just buy a model kit.

Am with you....IIRC in 2011 when the VF-17 was released it cost 24,800 yens, that was almost 300 dollars in that days when the yen was stronger. Now the yen is weaker so they need to rise the price in yens.

So who had $400 shipped in our poll? I seem to recall that $250-$300 was the prevailing guess. Oh the innocent days of our youth.

Innocence lost for sure...

Everytime you demand a new blue they tack on 5,000円. :lol:

Best post in this entire thread.

You know, honestly I'm not usually that gun shy when it comes to price, but this was just so far above our own "set" expectations that you've got to expect some sticker shock. It has absolutely effected my decision on how many to buy (which is now 2 at the most).

Besides when you look across the aisle and see company "B" producing Valkyries for the newest entry into Macross at darn near a 3rd of the cost it's a natural reaction to feel some sort of way about this SRP.

And comparing what people are willing to pay after-market for an out-of-print item isn't really a good comparison to use when looking at something that is new and readily available (IMO).

-b.

I don't think Gakken85 is wrong per se, but there's something about the psychology of buying an item from retail for that sorta price, vs buying it from Yahoo Japan or Mandarake, where you're already bracing yourself for aftermarket prices.

There isn't any real difference, but it definitely feels different when you click "buy".

I don't think Gakken85 is wrong per se, but there's something about the psychology of buying an item from retail for that sorta price, vs buying it from Yahoo Japan or Mandarake, where you're already bracing yourself for aftermarket prices.

There isn't any real difference, but it definitely feels different when you click "buy".

True, the psychology of the purchase plays a HUGE role in the process. But I'm not sold on rationale that because people may be willing to pay thru the nose for an impossible-to-find sold out item so therefore they should be willing to pay thru the nose for a similar, readily available item.

(Allegedly?) Priced at $ 400, I'm now more curious about Arcadia's justification for the price vs. whether or not they can get the shade of blue up to everyone who cares standards.

-b.

Unless they have some oddity with how they're doing the ankles there shouldn't be too much in the way of differences between this and the old zero. The fact the VF-1, which they've done to death as both Yamato and Arcadia, has ironed out every damn issue possible would seen to suggest they can fairly easily pull this off without problems (please don't prove me wrong Arcadia.)

That means it's fixed then. They fixed the ankle issue with the "unknown soldier" realse and most of the nose cone droop. It would lock into place and hold its position. I have no clue why that wouldn't follow over to this release.

So I'm confident it won't be there, even if you're right that it didn't change.

But yeah, I think this is just the reality of collecting high-end toys in the middle of the decade.

Hot toys regularly sell now for close to $300 dollars when they used to be sub $200. MP re-issues are generally $270ish when they used to be $140.

We've all discussed it endlessly.

Do you think it's worth $50-$100 dollars more? Or are people just upset that it's not sub $200 like the VF-1's?

I can see your point about paying through the nose for something that's been released and is hard to find. That's how the market works. People begin to pay more because of scarcity as the average price increases. Why sell something cheap when other people are making that much?

However, there is a precedent for re-issues coming out at aftermarket prices. I'm sure Arcadia is basing their MSRP on cost and what they think the market will bear due to the YF-19 sales.

At the end of the day Arcadia is out to make money, so they are going to ask as much as possible. At least this version isn't a straight up re-issue and has re-tooling and stands alone as it's own piece.

I don't know, maybe this will be Arcadia's last release. Maybe their business model just isn't sustainable. (Or maybe their release schedule is poor)

Can you do model quality transforming toys for lukewarm markets on decades old Anime shows?

Nostalgia for SDF and the average age of collectors here and in Japan seems to be enough for now. Is there Nostalgia for Zero? Demand? Hard to say.

Edited by Gakken85