Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

i'm japanese, and i don't like it. i'd much prefer the more low viz like colors of the anime. but then again, i'm americanized so i guess i don't count lol

And most every valk has primary colors for the accents or main color. Shin's 0D being one of the few t hat doesn't.

The colors were done so you can distinguish each valk as the character, they're colored similarly to western comic book superheroes. But even then, Macross has very subdued colors that's accented with bright colors. Also what about the drab uniforms on Attack on Titan vs the bright uniforms on Star Trek?

I'm sorry that I lashed out... I was in another forum on the internet and got agitated by all of the naysayers.

You're Macross enthusiasm is welcome but check the iTransference at the door. MW isn't your e-punching bag. ;)

The colors were done so you can distinguish each valk as the character, they're colored similarly to western comic book superheroes. But even then, Macross has very subdued colors that's accented with bright colors. Also what about the drab uniforms on Attack on Titan vs the bright uniforms on Star Trek?

Star Trek (The Original Series) was one of the first shows to be broadcast in colour, so they went a bit crazy with the colour palette lol.

Things were a bit toned down by the time The Next Generation came along. Then DS9, Voyager etc went even further with the grey uniforms with muted highlights.

I think its just a fashion thing, as time has gone on tastes have become more sophisticated. With animation, it may also have something to do with techniques becoming more sophisticated.

Edited by The Old Man

That's my point though. There's different reasons and occasions why bright vs. muted colors are used. The simplification of "because... Asians." Is laughable to me. I'm not offended but it's down right silly. Next time I watch knights of sidonia, I'll be sure to turn the contrast up. I must've mistakenly turned on the muted color filter by mistake.

That's my point though. There's different reasons and occasions why bright vs. muted colors are used. The simplification of "because... Asians." Is laughable to me. I'm not offended but it's down right silly. Next time I watch knights of sidonia, I'll be sure to turn the contrast up. I must've mistakenly turned on the muted color filter by mistake.

Sorry yes, that is nonsense.

No one else has ever read/heard of the whole "color-culture" thing? Why certain colors of soap/detergents don't sell well in certain countries? Cool vs warm whites for certain things?

Unless of course, it was all a lie... (but then why teach it in school?)

Guest davidwhangchoi

I really almost wonder if it's a cultural thing. I swear Asia just plain likes brighter more intense colors, and "the western world" tends to go more drab.

You see it in video games, movies, mecha, etc.

And so the one valk in existence that is a "dull" blue and not a Max/Michael blue, really "catches the western eye" or something.

you so crazy :blink::lol:

No one else has ever read/heard of the whole "color-culture" thing? Why certain colors of soap/detergents don't sell well in certain countries? Cool vs warm whites for certain things?

Unless of course, it was all a lie... (but then why teach it in school?)

IMO this is real. I'm an architect and work in an international architectural practice with projects all around the world. Colour is very important in architecture, specially because context is what matters, it’s how a building lives in its environment. Every time we undertake a project we analize all the regional cultural aspects, the use of colour being one of special relevance. I know nothing about soap/detergents though :p

You're right, it's not a racial reason, it's only cultural. And of course it's not a general rule.

Guest davidwhangchoi

IMO this is real. I'm an architect and work in an international architectural practice with projects all around the world. Colour is very important in architecture, specially because context is what matters, it’s how a building lives in its environment. Every time we undertake a project we analize all the regional cultural aspects, the use of colour being one of special relevance. I know nothing about soap/detergents though :p

You're right, it's not a racial reason, it's only cultural. And of course it's not a general rule.

and you once accused me of being a xenophobe. :rolleyes:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Fengshui and address numbering is important in architecture also. Doesn't make it scientifically true.

Dave don't get into which things teach on school, that can quickly get political and religious at same time.

Better then a Xneomorph! then I'd have to nuke you... from orbit... just to be safe.

Lol.

Back to the Oh-D people.

Anyway. I guess complaining about the color works. Just remember that when people tell you it's useless or too early. Haha.

I'm saying right now, it could be Pink and purple and come with a Sherly Nome dong, and I'd still buy it.

Color, smolor. Really after the YF-19, I just want this thing to be strong, tight, and not break. If I could tell MrK

efficiently to ignore the color mongering and focus on it's ability to not break. I would.

Make sure those ankles are tight, and for god's sake, make sure that nose droop is fixed. That's what we should

all be actually focused on. Color won't fix a big ass gap in the neck in fighter.

Lol.

Back to the Oh-D people.

Anyway. I guess complaining about the color works. Just remember that when people tell you it's useless or too early. Haha.

Ha! If complaining about products on THIS form worked then maybe I'd adopt the practice, but give credit where credit is due, it was the complaining in Japan or via Twitter that worked. Not the "Subjective Accuracy" Police MW.

Yeah, THAT's the important thing to take away from all this! :D

I'm saying right now, it could be Pink and purple and come with a Sherly Nome dong, and I'd still buy it.

Color, smolor. Really after the YF-19, I just want this thing to be strong, tight, and not break. If I could tell MrK

efficiently to ignore the color mongering and focus on it's ability to not break. I would.

Make sure those ankles are tight, and for god's sake, make sure that nose droop is fixed. That's what we should

all be actually focused on. Color won't fix a big ass gap in the neck in fighter.

QFT - Priorities people.

-b.

Would buy for the oddity of a Sheryl Nome dong. It'd be one hell of a conversation piece!

Now I'm wondering what a Sheryl Nome Dong would look like. Would it be a branded itasha dildo covered in Sheryl graphics? or would it be a dong supposedly in the shape of her actual penis? Or maybe it'll be a sex toy sculpted to look like Sheryl, in the same vain as the obama dildo.

Now I'm wondering what a Sheryl Nome Dong would look like. Would it be a branded itasha dildo covered in Sheryl graphics? or would it be a dong supposedly in the shape of her actual penis? Or maybe it'll be a sex toy sculpted to look like Sheryl, in the same vain as the obama dildo.

I must have missed the Sheyl's wang episode of Frontier lol

:blink: Man, has this thread gotten weird... :blink:

Take it back to the figurine thread fellas :D

It's better than talking about paint swatches or complaining about how we can't get pre-orders to go through. :p