Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Guest davidwhangchoi

I think it's actually amusing how similar the backpack is, since they just left the tail mounts as they were, and plugged the slots the tails fit into. :p

maybe if the tail mounts are long enough ( and the same dimensions), we can fit a ghost booster on top of it :ph34r:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Ha! How *cough* YF-19 *cough* funny!

-b.

To be honest the combination of continued terrible ankles and the addition of the horrible high-speed gimmick kinda killed the whole "cool" thing for me. I so want to like it but it's just not as awesome as the lead up to release had us believe.

Hopefully the 0D is a better release. I want it to be, just like I wanted the the 19 release before it.

To be honest the combination of continued terrible ankles and the addition of the horrible high-speed gimmick kinda killed the whole "cool" thing for me. I so want to like it but it's just not as awesome as the lead up to release had us believe.

Hopefully the 0D is a better release. I want it to be, just like I wanted the the 19 release before it.

EXACTLY!!! I felt the same thing, especially coming in at $384cdn (plus customs & duties!) shipped, it left a sour taste in my mouth. If they command those prices, it needs to justify them.

I wanted to love it so much, but I had to be honest with myself. I'm glad I have ONE, but that's all I need thank you very much!

p.s. I hope they solved the floppy neck syndrome my VF-0A has, its great if its sitting on its landing gears, but if its flying, and the forward fuselage is not supported, it has a crooked neck hanging down leaving a large gap behind the cockpit.

You know that there would also be an high speed gimmick with VF-0D !?

Should have read what I quoted, I was referring to the YF-19.

I did, I was joking about the fact that most of the airplanes in macross have at least one sort of variable-sweep wing mechanism. This is, to my opinion, what link all the aircrafts and make them different from other licenses than macross (in addition of the gerwalk mode!).

So I think that any aircraft toy should have its high-speed mode implemented and working!

I did, I was joking about the fact that most of the airplanes in macross have at least one sort of variable-sweep wing mechanism. This is, to my opinion, what link all the aircrafts and make them different from other licenses than macross (in addition of the gerwalk mode!).

So I think that any aircraft toy should have its high-speed mode implemented and working!

But not via terrible engineering...

Mr K

What a strange piece to be metal.

What's the high speed gimmick with the VF-0D?

The VF-0D retracts its wings and can go under water for a short time. It was compared in the anime to a flying fish.

I agree that the YF-19 wings should have stop locks on both normal and high speed modes.

EXACTLY!!! I felt the same thing, especially coming in at $384cdn (plus customs & duties!) shipped, it left a sour taste in my mouth. If they command those prices, it needs to justify them.

I wanted to love it so much, but I had to be honest with myself. I'm glad I have ONE, but that's all I need thank you very much!

p.s. I hope they solved the floppy neck syndrome my VF-0A has, its great if its sitting on its landing gears, but if its flying, and the forward fuselage is not supported, it has a crooked neck hanging down leaving a large gap behind the cockpit.

Yeah, expectations, sometimes regardless of the "quality" of the actual product released, can really make or break a person's enjoyment of a product. No disputing anyone's sense of satisfaction or lack thereof with the YF-19, my comment was more along the lines of a "cool" Valkyrie design and not the actual implementation of such.

That said I hope that the VF-0D meets or exceeds whatever expectations are out there. I like Arcadia's cautious approach when it comes to releasing entirely new molds, but that comes with added pressure to release a truly quality product that their customers can get behind.

My fingers are firmly crossed for a nicely designed, issue free VF-0D.

-b.

What a strange piece to be metal.

Not really. It always broke because it was so long on the first release.

It was shaped like with a curve and small point at the base, so any stress put the most weight on the weakest point.

Glad they see that.

Edited by Gakken85

The mold does not look like 100% new yet, the gaps for the vertical stabilizer are still on the back-pack (still old back pack design?). Or it means S and A renewals?

Edited by Froy

The mold does not look like 100% new yet, the gaps for the vertical stabilizer are still on the back-pack (still old back pack design?). Or it means S and A renewals?

Given Arcadia is releasing 1 of each Hero valk is makes sense they would still have those gaps on the backpack. They're going to make a Roy 0S as well, guaranteed.

Something about that fighter mode seems a bit... chunky, to me.

My thoughts exactly, I'd wish it was "sleeker" (maybe longer) in fighter mode, that's my perferred mode in displaying them anyways. However from the new YF-19, it seems as though Arcadia does favour the Battroid proportions over the fighter proportions -too bad ;( I'd still get one anyways - unless its ridiculously priced. I just hope its a greyer less saturated blue than a bright blue when they talk about colours.

Edited by wm cheng