Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Is there any reason why the feet will differ from the VF-1 approach. The VF-0 has similar feet that are different than the one from the YF-19. Why shouldn't Arcadia use ratchet joints? Also the legs don't have a missile compartment like the Excalibur has.

Maybe I'm wrong but this makes more sense to me than to use these awful ball-joints.

If done properly you really can get some great poses from ball joints.

Yes but shouldn't the VF-0 angles be restricted in their movement by the side covers of the lower legs. Much like the VF-1 you won't get much movement out of them. The only workaround seems to be a movable flap on the end of the leg like the Bandai 1/72 VF-1 kit has.

Perhaps I'm totally wrong since I never owned a VF-0 so I could get the wrong impression looking at the images over at M3.

It would be. The only difference would be the canard just outside the intake but that's a piece that can be replaced easily on the S and A mold. But no part of the reactive armor connects to that mid leg piece above the knee and also as you can see on the line art posted, the intake covers are closed when the armor is on... but I can' t think of any other add ons to the zero except for the armor. The ghost goes completely on top of fighter mode only.

Too bad they aren't pulling the same trick with the intake as they did with the 19, I think that look turned out real well. It's just flat, for the time being, in these photos.

Do you mean recessing it? I prefer the fan face to be as far back as possible too!

Overall, I am very impressed with the sculpt and shape. I only hope they can pull off the transformation mechanism better than the YF-19 with its share of problems. Also I hope the neck doesn't sag like the original VF-0 and locks in tight so I can swoosh it around the room.

I am looking very much forward to this release! BUT PLEASE!!!! include water slide decals and a stand... would someone please tweet that in Japanese to Mr. K - the waterslide decals even more so than the stand (for me).

Might want to tweet how to spell 'Phoenix' as well... <_<

Wonder if the blue in the background CAD image has been desaturated to reflect the final colors or if it's just this camera settings.

As was mentioned in the latest SpeakerPODcast, the spelling on the latest flyers HAS been corrected.

post-9325-0-02555000-1396969278_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tochiro

Guest davidwhangchoi

for mommar (and myself) was the type of ankle joints discussed/covered at the show, ratchet feet/ball joints? it'll save us a year of speculation :)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Might want to tweet how to spell 'Phoenix' as well... <_<

Wonder if the blue in the background CAD image has been desaturated to reflect the final colors or if it's just this camera settings.

IMHO, it's too early to start talking about colours.

Edited by Reïvaj

This should be my first proper Arcadia release purchase, unless they re-release some interesting VF-1's any time soon. I'll def be skipping the clown Valk renewal. With the sound buster I bet it will be 500 bucks! haha

Looks really great.

Love the pics.

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

lol

but i'll highlight a list of previous panic topics:

• incorrect colors from anime
  • double seater makes nose longer i battroid ala 1/48's
  • hips too high/low
  • plastic crumble
  • waterslides
  • gunpod in fighter mode: angle and clearance from the ground.
  • landing gear accurate to lineart
  • priced above 300 w payload
  • fastpacks magnets
  • intakes: shape/painted nice
  • floppiness
  • ankle articulation and type
  • fragile nose antenna

did i miss any? :)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

for mommar (and myself) was the type of ankle joints discussed/covered at the show, ratchet feet/ball joints? it'll save us a year of speculation :)

By show are you referring to the hobby show that the prototype was shown at today (we actually got the pics up before the show even finished)?

It was a prototype. There were many many details yet to be decided and some that were placeholders.

TL;DR no information on that yet.

Guest davidwhangchoi

By show are you referring to the hobby show that the prototype was shown at today (we actually got the pics up before the show even finished)?

It was a prototype. There were many many details yet to be decided and some that were placeholders.

TL;DR no information on that yet.

thanks for the update :)

This should be my first proper Arcadia release. (unless they re-release some interesting VF-1's any time soon) and I'll def be skipping the clown valk renewal.

Looks really great.

Love the pics.

Negative, this began at Yamato. The success of the VF-19 moved the YF-19 project in front of the VF-0D project.

Thank you for all of the photos SAVE and Tochiro.

This looks so beautiful. Great that we got to see the underside as well!

I assume all of the little brass bits are just for the prototype so those parts can move without breaking easily and will be plastic when it goes into production.

As was mentioned in the latest SpeakerPODcast, the spelling on the latest flyers HAS been corrected.

attachicon.gifphoenix.jpg

Good to know for those of us for whom it's difficult to find the spare two hours to listen to it all. Thanks for the pics and report from the crew! :)

Okay.... How about how much the box art will/won't suck, and how big it will be..? ;)

Negative, this began at Yamato. The success of the VF-19 moved the YF-19 project in front of the VF-0D project.

I said My first Arcadia release. VF-19's mean nothzzing to me. NOTHIZZING!