Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Actually, the VF-0D is the same overall length, nose included. It's just that components are shifted around similar to the way the VT-1 is, and the canopy is a little closer to the nosecone than on the A or S. They might have to push the heatshield closer to the cockpit to make it longer.

If the intake fins are molded in one piece with them, I don't think I'm too concerned about their strength. They obviously won't take any kind of drop well, but they'll probably be fine as long as you don't leave pressure on them. If you keep the gunpod loaded, it might keep them from even touching on a flat surface.

I wasn't speaking of the fighter length. And yes, the parts are shifted a bit like the VF-1D and other double seaters. The heatshield is definitely a bit longer and chest piece is up higher and shows the LERX underneath whereas they are hidden by the chest piece on the A and S variants. That has caused the torso to look a bit longer compared to the A or S toys which look comparatively wider.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Folks, please calm down. the CAD for this is FAR from final.

Save and I spoke with Mr.K directly at Wonderfest and most of the points that you have expressed concern about are things that he is well aware of and that are currently still being decided upon.

He is also aware of the Phenix misspelling.

The man is a professional and knows his stuff, as do those who work with him. Suddenly throwing English Tweets or emails at him when the poor guy doesnt speak a word of English doesn't help anyone.

Everyone's passion and enthusiasm is appreciated - it's what keeps new toys like this being produced.

But tempering it with some patience and cultural understanding helps.

i blame you if some guys go on Mr. K's twitter and start panicking :lol:

honestly, the 1/60 Glaug prank was much better executed.

That was a classic. But that one we had a week to do... We just remembered that it was April 1st yesterday.

You know April Fools ends at noon right?!

It was posted before and they seemed pretty obvious... :D

That was a classic. But that one we had a week to do... We just remembered that it was April 1st yesterday.

*I* was well aware earlier. :p. (even came up with something but never got around to it---maybe save it for next year)

On the topic of the images posted for April fool's, is that a VF-9 Cutlass to the lower left of that pink bass guitar?

Edit: it's close, but there are differences... what is that?

Edited by warrhead

Guest davidwhangchoi

only 2-3 guys i know that would complain right off the bat even during prototype stages, you know what i learned? they end up making very important points that are legit issues after seeing the 19. (minus the comments of colors of a photo or on a poster before a prototype is shown and all that banter)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I hope they listen to the valid complaints. Sometimes they ignore it. eg It took them ages to give us the side parts (to be accurate to the anime) on vf-1 1/60 version 2 toys as standard despite vf-19 getting special covers to neaten up robot mode etc. It's not hard for them to include considering they give us intake covers and other things like adapter parts for stands on toys. ....But they finally did it after so long.

"The squeeky wheel gets the oil" as they say. If you don't complain, how can they improve?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'm worried about the ankles. While still considering what to do with this broken 19 I decided to put it in Battroid after doing all of the extreme stuff in Gerwalk. Yeah, those ankles still f**king suck. It can't stand straight up now. If the 0D has some idiot ball joints like this thing it'll suck as well. Somebody with knowledge of Japanese needs to post on the Arcadia feed that the 19's ankles blow and not to screw it up on the 0D as well.

I'm worried about the ankles. While still considering what to do with this broken 19 I decided to put it in Battroid after doing all of the extreme stuff in Gerwalk. Yeah, those ankles still f**king suck. It can't stand straight up now. If the 0D has some idiot ball joints like this thing it'll suck as well. Somebody with knowledge of Japanese needs to post on the Arcadia feed that the 19's ankles blow and not to screw it up on the 0D as well.

Arcadia already knows the ball joint problem. Kawamori also stated he was aware of it when working on the YF-19. The funny thing is he didn't say anything much aside from that. So I'm not really hoping for much. Working with Japanese staff every day, I've come to realize knowing a problem and fixing a problem are two very different things. We won't fix a leak until it floods. No wonder Samsung owns Sony nowadays.

Personally for me, I rather sacrifice the lack of mobility and range on my valk's ankles than to have it flop over.

Also the look of a ball joint makes my valks look far from the original design. I have no idea why they went with the ball joint again with the YF-19 and it wouldn't surprise me if the 0D has it.

Arcadia already knows the ball joint problem. Kawamori also stated he was aware of it when working on the YF-19. The funny thing is he didn't say anything much aside from that. So I'm not really hoping for much. Working with Japanese staff every day, I've come to realize knowing a problem and fixing a problem are two very different things. We won't fix a leak until it floods. No wonder Samsung owns Sony nowadays.

Personally for me, I rather sacrifice the lack of mobility and range on my valk's ankles than to have it flop over.

Also the look of a ball joint makes my valks look far from the original design. I have no idea why they went with the ball joint again with the YF-19 and it wouldn't surprise me if the 0D has it.

It's obvious that skinny joint in the leg makes more room for the additional hidden missile and landing gear. However, the design is awful. In another thread anime52k8 pretty much explained why the Arcadia/Yamato one sucks and it's a relatively simple fix to make them work like the Bandai ankles, which work SO MUCH better.

Is there any reason why the feet will differ from the VF-1 approach. The VF-0 has similar feet that are different than the one from the YF-19. Why shouldn't Arcadia use ratchet joints? Also the legs don't have a missile compartment like the Excalibur has.

Maybe I'm wrong but this makes more sense to me than to use these awful ball-joints.