Toynami VF1 Valkyrie 10" Plushies

XFJ-01A

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Started shipping them only 4 months late huh? Toynami is really improving. They seemed really pricey for static figures so I passed.

4 months? Try 7 months. The original release date was last October, which then got bumped to December, and then January. Toynami's got a reputation to maintain here.

I see these toys hitting the bargain bin real fast. I don't them selling well in light of the superior Ori Toy releases that Toynami recently announced. Way to cannibalize your own wares, Toynami.

BTW....

The valks and the Hikaru/Rick come assembled.....the Tomahawk and Regult need to be put together.....helped keep all the boxes the same size I guess....

gallery_12176_633_234001.jpg

gallery_12176_633_9148.jpg

gallery_12176_633_185931.jpg

gallery_12176_633_70943.jpg

gallery_12176_633_396574.jpg

gallery_12176_633_286115.jpg

Hopefully the Ori Toy valks are not being delivered by the same shipping company used for the vinyl Glaug! ;)

So as far as Toynami goes..."Coming Soon" means nothing..... :rolleyes:

Toynami-Macross-Vinyl-Glaug-Officers-Bat

or01.jpg

Hopefully the Ori Toy valks are not being delivered by the same shipping company used for the vinyl Glaug! ;)

So as far as Toynami goes..."Coming Soon" means nothing..... :rolleyes:

Haha, good point. They should replace "Coming Soon" with "Roll the Dice."

Btw, thanks for posting those pictures.

Oo, these are pretty cool. Thanks for the pictures, jvmacross.

Ugh, I didn't know they were completely static. I might buy them once they hit clearance. Definitely a bit pricey for what they are, especially with supposedly articulated (?) ones coming out... eventually.

OK...so after seeing the "alternate" Hikaru/Rick on eBay.....I decided to go ahead and open the rest of the figurine boxes....I'm happy to report that it seems that if you buy a case you get all the variations....as far as I know...the Regult and Tomahawk in my box were all the same...but who knows!

gallery_12176_633_576234.jpg

gallery_12176_633_297731.jpg

gallery_12176_633_408562.jpg

gallery_12176_633_937167.jpg

gallery_12176_633_798416.jpg

...and the VF variants with the gunpods stored on the right arm....

gallery_12176_633_365749.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hmm, I wonder how well those VF-1's are going to be able to handle the additional weight from the GBP armor. Unlike the Hi-Metals, these VF-1's are made with significantly lower quality plastic.

My guess is they won't unless they've changed the plastic composition. I feel sorry for the suckers that buy these and find out they start breaking in the span of a few months. ... sadly I got suckered on the 1st release of these. 1st wave was horribly cheap and broke easily, 2nd wave was too stiff and became brittle over time.

Edited by jodokast

• 1 month later...