Toynami VF1 Valkyrie 10" Plushies

XFJ-01A

• 3 weeks later...

I'm working on a review of the Stealth GBP right now. It bumped the Bandai VF-19Adv and Arcadia YF-19! Well... mostly because those reviews are going to take me a really long time in comparison since they're so much more deluxe than a 1/100 toy.

I'm working on a review of the Stealth GBP right now. It bumped the Bandai VF-19Adv and Arcadia YF-19! Well... mostly because those reviews are going to take me a really long time in comparison since they're so much more deluxe than a 1/100 toy.

OK...then I won't picture bomb it! :rolleyes:

PLEASE don't tell me any of you are preordering this.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-012690&page=top

No pre-order, but I will eventually like to get the Roy GBP......same goes for the new VF-1A max....honestly, the VFs are only worth 20 bucks at most....and maybe 50 for the GPB set.....

The eyes on that SD Lick Hunter figure are kinda creepy looking.

And now that Yamato is dead and buried, I guess Toynami and Whore-Money Gold feels safe ripping off Yamato's urban cammo and black and gold paint schemes <_< <_< <_<

And who is Calibre toys?

I'm guessing you care so little about these (and I don't blame you) that you haven't really looked at them much. Painting something black isn't so unique that anyone else who paints a toy black ripped it off. I mean, do we all grouse about Yamato ripping off ehobby? Besides, Toynami made their first stealth (which is actually so navy blue it looks black) back in 2009 so they didn't wait for Yamato to die. As far as the urban camo goes, Toynami hasn't done anything that compares to that. All they've done is changed the doors and forearms on a standard GBP to match the trim of the valks. Focker is yellow so he gets yellow doors and forearms. Hikaru was red, Max gets blue. It's kind of surprising no one else did this a long time ago really.

I mentioned this in the Hi-Metal thread but it more appropriately belongs here, my review of the Toynami VF-1J+GBP is now posted on the web.

It has a very Decepticon livery with very dark purple trim.

Thanks so much for your review jenius. It was very helpful!

Mmm, the toy is cool, but not $90 cool. I wonder if they'll all go on massive clearance in a year or two?

Thanks so much for your review jenius. It was very helpful!

Mmm, the toy is cool, but not $90 cool. I wonder if they'll all go on massive clearance in a year or two?

There's a BIG chance it will, rasky. Look for example the Hikaru figure. I want to buy it last year, and surprisingly, the price on the figure is around $120+. And to think that it has a production run of 3000. But look on their online store now, and they selling it for $44.99-49.99. And good time to get it, which I just did 3 weeks ago. I mean, it's like how many people really bought from the initial 3000pcs since the figure came out? ;)

There's a BIG chance it will, rasky. Look for example the Hikaru figure. I want to buy it last year, and surprisingly, the price on the figure is around $120+. And to think that it has a production run of 3000. But look on their online store now, and they selling it for $44.99-49.99. And good time to get it, which I just did 3 weeks ago. I mean, it's like how many people really bought from the initial 3000pcs since the figure came out? ;)

Mmm, buy it now and get the pre-order discount, or wait however many years until it gets massively discounted... Mmmm.

Did the Hikaru figure get discounted before, or only now after five years? :p

Edited by rasky

Mmm, buy it now and get the pre-order discount, or wait however many years until it gets massively discounted... Mmmm.

Did the Hikaru figure get discounted before, or only now after five years? :p

I don't think it did. I could be wrong though. But imagine from $120+ to $44+. That's why I bought both normal suit and pilot suit. And here's another one. The exclusive pilot suit that lights up, it goes up to $200 over at eBay. On their site right now, it's $49+. Just saying. ;)

I'll probably mod my pilot suit that's why I didn't get the fixed helmet light version ($49+). ^_^

I don't think it did. I could be wrong though. But imagine from $120+ to $44+. That's why I bought both normal suit and pilot suit. And here's another one. The exclusive pilot suit that lights up, it goes up to $200 over at eBay. On their site right now, it's $49+. Just saying. ;)

I'll probably mod my pilot suit that's why I didn't get the fixed helmet light version ($49+). ^_^

I was totally thinking about getting the light up pilot suit too, because it looks really cool.

However, I think it hits the comment that action figures are just dolls for guys just a little too closely...

Also I told myself that I would never be that guy that buys pervy anime dolls, and this is a step in the wrong direction. :huh:

Is it secure to buy from Robotech Store? I see they don't have paypal option, Since they only accept credit cards Could you advise if it would be risky to purchase there from out of the U:S.?

Thanks pal...

wait, the light up suit one, can' t remove the helmet? any pics of either/both?

I was totally thinking about getting the light up pilot suit too, because it looks really cool.

However, I think it hits the comment that action figures are just dolls for guys just a little too closely...

Also I told myself that I would never be that guy that buys pervy anime dolls, and this is a step in the wrong direction. :huh:

Well, who am I to resist Hikaru in 1/6 scale, right? And besides, it's not a wrong direction to buy anime dolls esp if it's as hot as Sheryl, right? ;) As long that you're collecting it and just displaying it, that's fine. Now if you're going to buy it and use it for 'something else', then there's something wrong with you. Buying an anime dolls, doesn't label you as 'perv'. It really depends on one's motive. If I have lots of money, I will also collect every variants of Sheryl, Ranka, and Minmay just to satisfy my Macross love. Just saying. And also saying that actions figures are just dolls for guys, is like saying toys is just for kids. ^_^

Is it secure to buy from Robotech Store? I see they don't have paypal option, Since they only accept credit cards Could you advise if it would be risky to purchase there from out of the U:S.?

Thanks pal...

I think it's safe since I bought the Hikaru figures from them directly. They're prompt and they replied to my emails, so I guess it's ok. And yes, there's no paypal so I used my credit card directly. Hope that helps. If you're on a fence somehow, just buy something that has a small amount just to try it. However, you can still complain to your credit card if ever. ;)

wait, the light up suit one, can' t remove the helmet? any pics of either/both?

Yup, the light up one, you can't remove the helmet. Though you can open the upper part from what I've read. But the lower part and the face are glued together somehow because of the LEDs.

Well, who am I to resist Hikaru in 1/6 scale, right? And besides, it's not a wrong direction to buy anime dolls esp if it's as hot as Sheryl, right? ;) As long that you're collecting it and just displaying it, that's fine. Now if you're going to buy it and use it for 'something else', then there's something wrong with you. Buying an anime dolls, doesn't label you as 'perv'. It really depends on one's motive. If I have lots of money, I will also collect every variants of Sheryl, Ranka, and Minmay just to satisfy my Macross love. Just saying. And also saying that actions figures are just dolls for guys, is like saying toys is just for kids. ^_^

Opps, sorry. No offense intended. I was just making a joke and trying to justify not buying the Hikaru figure at that great price, because I actually really want it, but I want the Arcadia VF-0A coming out more. :)

Great pics, jvmacross!

Toynami 2015 SDCC edition GBP-1J.....

gallery_12176_633_60035.jpg

;)

Kinda like the black now. ;) I know it's 1/100 scaled, but how big they are besides the 1/60 VF-1's? Thanks. :)

Opps, sorry. No offense intended. I was just making a joke and trying to justify not buying the Hikaru figure at that great price, because I actually really want it, but I want the Arcadia VF-0A coming out more. :)

Great pics, jvmacross!

None taken, dear sir. Just pointing out my opinion regarding figures and our collections. :lol:

Kinda like the black now. ;) I know it's 1/100 scaled, but how big they are besides the 1/60 VF-1's? Thanks. :)

Here it is next to a V1 1/60 VF-1J with GBP armor....I'd say the Toynami is closer to the "bruiser" look of the Yamato V1 GBP than the V2....

gallery_12176_633_398693.jpg

....I think the worst part of the Toynami GBP (besides the price) is the nosecone armor piece....it basically just covers the front half.....it looks like they could have made a piece to fit the back, but they opted not to.....

gallery_12176_633_16028.jpg

Here it is next to a V1 1/60 VF-1J with GBP armor....I'd say the Toynami is closer to the "bruiser" look of the Yamato V1 GBP than the V2....

....I think the worst part of the Toynami GBP (besides the price) is the nosecone armor piece....it basically just covers the front half.....it looks like they could have made a piece to fit the back, but they opted not to.....

*snip*

Thanks jvmacross for the scale comparison. :) Kinda look ok when displayed together.

As for the back part of the nosecone area, didn't notice that from your early post. Looks like HG missed that part. ;)

You would never notice the lack of a back to the nosecone (because the wings block that area) so I'm sure it was a conscious decision by Toynami/Maiden Japan to save $1. I would probably find that pretty chintzy on a deluxe toy but it's the kind of omission that feels right at home on this budget attempt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Toynami San Diego Comic-Con 2016 Exclusive

Robotech Tineez Minmay Plush

An aspiring singer and songwriter, Minmay finds her big break though the unforeseen accident that transferred Macross City into space, and then the SDF-1. Minmay, only a teenager throughout the original series becomes “Ms. Macross” and a famous singer aboard ship. The adorable Lynn Minmay in Chibi form! Limited to 1,000 pieces

1edd2fc4-469b-41ea-a5b6-38c4ed01bb4d.jpg

If anyone can help me get this....PM me.....thanks!

Need one.....want 3... :wub:^_^

Is it bad I really kinda want this???!!! :wub:

You're forgiven. It's a beautiful Minmay plushie.

Their SD figures also look great. Chibi Hikaru (er...Rick) is one of my favorite figures.

Their valks....

Edited by arbit

• 1 month later...