Top 5 most wanted VF-1 paint Scheme!

skullmilitia

I sent a tweet to Mr. K about the macross the first idea. He replied:

"美樹本さんのVF-1ですね。それも手かもしれませんね。ありがとうございます! (ゴメン。日本語以外が解らないの)"

It is VF-1 of this Miki's. It even I might hand. Thank you! (I'm sorry. Non-Japanese do not understand)

Translation doesn't seem correct.

Dont read/write/speak Japanese but maybe what he meant was he too, wants the VF-1J in Macross The First. maybe..

I cleaned it up a little..

It is VF-1 of "Miki's book. It also thank you. I might hand!

I can't translate the last word correctly but it just sounds like he likes it.

I would assume with any scheme, it depends on acquiring the license.

And all of a sudden, Im all hyped with the idea of schemes upon schemes on the VF-1 line!

For Valk-only release, Minmay Guard Paris is on top of my list!

And for Super Pack Release : Blue Rose and Enigma! Wouldn't be such a looker without the Packs

Edited by aaajin

I cleaned it up a little..

I can't translate the last word correctly but it just sounds like he likes it.

I would assume with any scheme, it depends on acquiring the license.

Would be awesome to have Miki and Mr. K working together, plus it would give a lot of exposure to Miki's work. Maybe even include a comic?

I should do marketing for toy companies!

Edited by Gakken85

The only wish for a VF-1 scheme is the VF-1J Miria Custom from Macross 7...

...but since Skullmilita said no hero schemes in the first post I have nothing to contribute to this thread. :)

An Arcadia V3 VF-1 from Macross the First would be cool. :D

I don't have any non hero paints to suggest but here's what I would like ( in no order of preference):

1. Desert camo

2. Sundowners -ish paint scheme with gull grey (or similar)

3. Navy blue grey with gull grey bottom ( Like early WW2 navy type or VF-0D)

4. VE-1 in stealth black

5. VT-1 in a different high visibility paint scheme (Maybe a yellow type, since blue and red is already covered :p)

They should make one that looks like the JSDF aircraft camo paint scheme.

Edited by wmkjr

I was able to put together the various (non hero) squadron schemes from the "Variable Fighter Master File: VF-1 Valkyrie Volume 1 & 2" books. I think some of these would be great start for non-licensed schemes.

I wish we knew if Hasegawa schemes were even an option, because if they aren't due to licensing that would change this poll dramatically

post-5608-0-09438100-1389388857_thumb.jpg

post-5608-0-88657500-1389388875_thumb.jpg

post-5608-0-96995100-1389388889_thumb.jpg

post-5608-0-83772300-1389388912_thumb.jpg

post-5608-0-68739800-1389388929_thumb.jpg

post-5608-0-63722000-1389389123_thumb.jpg

post-5608-0-96517500-1389389199_thumb.jpg

post-5608-0-12240400-1389389223_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nerd-linger

1) Minmay Guard Moon

2) Minmay Guard Paris

3) Low Vis in gray to go with my 1/60 Thunderhammer

4) Some kind of digital camo scheme

5) I think on the old forums someone made a MacrossWorld scheme for a VF-1. I can't seem to find a pic of it at the moment but I think it was a good scheme. Just use the UN Spacy kites instead of the MW logo at the time.

6) Chara Works 1/144 Zentran scheme or the green Joons color scheme

7) Macross 7 episode 15? the carnival episode with all the privately owned VF-1s, there is a VF-1J that is essentially a Hikaru 1J but with a blue stripe instead of red.

8) Blue Roses

I was able to put together the various (non hero) squadron schemes from the "Variable Fighter Master File: VF-1 Valkyrie Volume 1 & 2" books. I think some of these would be great start for non-licensed schemes.

I wish we knew if Hasegawa schemes were even an option, because if they aren't due to licensing that would change this poll dramatically

This is a good start,thanks for scanning so many, but it isn't all of the schemes from the books. My number one pick would be the SVF-64 scheme on page 105 of the second book in the Insurrection of Fitz Roy section. But of the others in that list I'd pick

#4,

#15,

and #19.

Edited by Mommar

Pic needed for "Macross the First" Hikaru -1J. C'mon, that's just awesome: (this is MW's own Jefuemon's custom of the Hasegawa kit)

Yes, it is awesome. but it really needs the redesigned head to be right. Also, I'd like it if they could get some Bandai "So white it's slightly purple" white plastic to mold it in.

Pic needed for "Macross the First" Hikaru -1J. C'mon, that's just awesome: (this is MW's own Jefuemon's custom of the Hasegawa kit)

That's awesome indeed.

I really dig what was done recently with the Bandai YF-29 Isamu. Why not a VF-1 Isamu, a VF-1 Guld, a VF-1 Ozma, a VF-1 Brera, and a VF-1 Basara?

It could be interesting, although I wouldn't buy any of those. Do any of these schemes appear in the game? You know, for copyright reasons.

gallery_16_647_65406.jpg

gallery_16_647_30488.jpg

There is one :D haha

I tweeted it to Mr. K and he liked the idea.

I also suggested box art by Miki and a comic insert.

There's a thread somewhere that graham posted whether or not wed be interested in M1st themed valks. I for one think it's a great idea. Not only for the cool valks but to raise awareness for the books. Those books need to be finished.

Head sculpts and canopy and canopy frames need new molds though...

I'd love Macross the First schemes but they'd have to make them proper with remolded heads. Anything less would be half-assed.

Of course but why stop at the head. Like I said a VF-1 V3 for the Macross the First Valkyries. :D