$4 "Dremel" tool for your modelling needs

close313

Hey guys,

Just found out about this in another forum.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Salon-Shaper-5-1-Manicure-Pedicure-System-Nail-Trimming-Kit-/370795192725?_trksid=p2056285.m2307.l

Not sure if it's any good but since it's cheap enough, might as well try one. So I went ahead and buy one! This would definitely help on my mold line-plagued warhammer minis.

Edited by close313

Your best bet is a Dremmel with the LiPoly battery pack. I charge mine every few months and it's got plenty of torque, it's light, and the variable speed is a MUST for styrene work. Remember, you get what you pay for! The nail tool probably has a Mabuchi (or similar) 180 motor in it - not very torquey. All the same, let us knwo how it works ^_^ -MT

The small size could be useful. I often don't use my dremel on some areas for fear of it being too heavy/hard to control.

I have a cheap moto-tool from Harbor Freight I use more often than my actual Dremel, because I find the Dremel too big and unwieldy. It's fine with cutting burs and abrasive bits, but it just doesn't have the torque to properly run a cutting disk.

• 4 weeks later...