Acid Rain - new 1:18 mecha toy line.

skullmilitia

On 9/28/2017 at 7:40 AM, General Rasp said:

The 1:28 scale guys look really fun. I am very tempted to buy a few. 

Just bought a 1:28 a couple days ago. Should be here within the next few days. I prefer to stick to 1:18 to match the other items in my collection, but with the high prices those are going for, decided to go for a 1:28 that I found for cheap and see if I like the design in hand.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

So this was a 1:18 line but now they're shrinking it down to 1:28?

That's my understanding. Acid Rain start a few years ago as 1:18 scale; seems like a lot of folks were using them as customs for G.I. Joe sets (which seems crazy expensive for a figure to them customize).

As of this summer, with some initial releases, and moving into this winter with more releases, they are doing everything at 1:28 scale. Seems like identical figures and vehicles, from what I've seen (most of their stuff seems to be previewed through a couple different Facebook pages), just shrunk down and with new coloring.

10 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

The 1:18th stuff will still keep going as normal and they're even introducing 1/12th figures. They're just spreading the scales to hit different fan bases.

Thank you. That's good to know. I'm basically trying out the 1/28 price point, to see if I want to invest in the larger scale.

14 hours ago, Major Focker said:

saw  some 1:28's on display. paintjobs are very basic, but they look fun to play with. i don't think they're meant to be display pieces. they're a far cry from the detail and presence of the 1:18's 

I'd love to see some comparison pics between the two, if anyone has them. Hard to tell a difference from the pics that I've seen online so far.

My 1:28 Stealth Speeder came in the mail today. It reminds me a lot of the Transformers Human Alliance line (which, admittedly, I was a big fan of). Unfortunately, here, it made me realize that I really do prefer 1:18 to 1:28.

B2five is the company producing the 1:28 line and there website mentioned that they will have other toy brands in the future.

https://b2fiveshop.com/pages/about-us

The Acid Rain line was always interesting but expensive. The 1:28 look really to actually play with and wouldn't take up alot of space. They remind me of Takara's diaclone reboot with everything is design to be played with. I haven't had any paint issues with my diaclones despite the numerous transformations. I am hoping b2five is the same and keeps going. 

3 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

B2five is the company producing the 1:28 line and there website mentioned that they will have other toy brands in the future.

https://b2fiveshop.com/pages/about-us

The Acid Rain line was always interesting but expensive. The 1:28 look really to actually play with and wouldn't take up alot of space. They remind me of Takara's diaclone reboot with everything is design to be played with. I haven't had any paint issues with my diaclones despite the numerous transformations. I am hoping b2five is the same and keeps going. 

Base on only the one single 1:28 Acid Rain toy that I have (and "toy" is an appropriate word for it), the vehicle is pretty nice. The figure, on the other hand, has a lot of articulation but the fits are very loose. On mine, the legs and arms pop off very easily, and the hands keep sliding out of the arms (they rotate because they're inserted with a slip fit). Granted, I definitely prefer that the limbs pop off rather than breaking off, but they pop off REALLY easily (especially when trying to get the figure into the right position to ride the speeder).

Don't use the Wave 0 Stealth stuff as an indicator for quality on the bots and figures in Wave 1. It was literally a test run and unfortunately the figures in particular are plagued with appendages falling off, etc. where the regular release figures are superb. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

B2Five Wave 2A Review up: http://kumastyledesigns.com/b2five-wave-2a-review/

B2Five-2A-FB.png

I honestly like this wave and get in-depth in the review but I'm pretty "over" strongholds at this point and am more excited for the using the additional parts for the combination aspects than anything. Here are some pics from the galla portion:

1-255.png

1-256.png

4-165.png

5-168.png

• 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...