Acid Rain - new 1:18 mecha toy line.

skullmilitia

• 1 month later...

$120+? Go f*** yourself BBTS and Oritoys. These things aren't worth more than $80 tops.

I agree with you regarding the perceived worth of these toys, but BBTS's prices aren't outrageous considering that AmiAmi has these things, at 22% off, for preorder as well, and for far more than BBTS is charging... the Speeder MKII, for instance, is 14800 Yen (~ $145) before shipping.

i guess value is in the eye of the beholder.

personally, i think they're a steal at that price. certainly more value than some of the PVC figures i collect at that price range.

or think about an MP-10 sized transforming toy and paying someone to weather and customize it. that'll easily be more expensive.

i saw these at a toycon several months back and would've bought them on impulse if they had any available then. the paintjob is fantastic and the weathering has texture.

perhaps since these transform, the immediate price comparison is with Hasbro or Takara. but these are limited run, high end collectibles and perhaps the more appropriate comparison is with companies like 3A or Hot Toys.

btw, does anyone know any local stores/distributors in Singapore who carry these? i never did manage to find out after the toycon.

i think the scale is close enough that they will display well alongside my 1/20 MaK collection, particularly the SAFS by Sentinel.

i guess value is in the eye of the beholder.

personally, i think they're a steal at that price. certainly more value than some of the PVC figures i collect at that price range.

or think about an MP-10 sized transforming toy and paying someone to weather and customize it. that'll easily be more expensive.

i saw these at a toycon several months back and would've bought them on impulse if they had any available then. the paintjob is fantastic and the weathering has texture.

perhaps since these transform, the immediate price comparison is with Hasbro or Takara. but these are limited run, high end collectibles and perhaps the more appropriate comparison is with companies like 3A or Hot Toys.

btw, does anyone know any local stores/distributors in Singapore who carry these? i never did manage to find out after the toycon.

i think the scale is close enough that they will display well alongside my 1/20 MaK collection, particularly the SAFS by Sentinel.

totally agree about price. its fair if the quality is as good as it looks. i am quite tempted even though i have nothing to display them with. they look great. and FWIW BBTS is cheaper han hlj/amiami on this by a good $35 or so BEFORE shipping. haven't found any other places that carry it though.

major focker it looks like "falcon's hanger" will carry it

www.tfh.com.sg

http://acidrainworld.blogspot.com/

Edited by Mechapilot77

I have the ST-01 Stronghold 4 Eyes (Marine) and can give you some feedback.

It weighs 750g with minimal dicast. The treads are rubber, but they don't roll. The detailing is fantastic and the texture has a grainy, dusty feel to it. When transformed it's about 25cm tall, a few cm taller than MP-10 Convoy or a VF-25 Valkyrie.

The toy has a mostly solid feel, although I was really worried I was going to break it a few times, especially the head and gun rotations. I gradually applied increasing pressure at thge pivots until they finally began rotating. After that they were fine, they just needed some loosening. A similar problem with detaching the arms from the legs when transforming it, they were almost stuck together. This stiffness seems to be a result of the paint sticking a bit. Nothing broke or peeled, but it was worrying. The detented joints in the arms and legs work fine.

All in all it's a mostly solid toy with a few nice gimmicks, but it has fragile parts and needs to be transformed with care. I don't have any disc batteries so I can't test the lights now.

729_zps4d25a345.jpg

I have the ST-01 Stronghold 4 Eyes (Marine) and can give you some feedback.

It weighs 750g with minimal dicast. The treads are rubber, but they don't roll. The detailing is fantastic and the texture has a grainy, dusty feel to it. When transformed it's about 25cm tall, a few cm taller than MP-10 Convoy or a VF-25 Valkyrie.

The toy has a mostly solid feel, although I was really worried I was going to break it a few times, especially the head and gun rotations. I gradually applied increasing pressure at thge pivots until they finally began rotating. After that they were fine, they just needed some loosening. A similar problem with detaching the arms from the legs when transforming it, they were almost stuck together. This stiffness seems to be a result of the paint sticking a bit. Nothing broke or peeled, but it was worrying. The detented joints in the arms and legs work fine.

All in all it's a mostly solid toy with a few nice gimmicks, but it has fragile parts and needs to be transformed with care. I don't have any disc batteries so I can't test the lights now.

729_zps4d25a345.jpg

thanks for the mini review. wow i didn't realize he was that big. hmmm....

• 3 months later...

If that Stronghold fig is more or less MP-10's size, the I guess the Speeder would be about as large as a deluxe TF.

The Flak Bike looks interesting too,

BTW, doesn't Kit Lau work for HT, or was it 3A?

So I just got the speeder in...its WAY bigger than deluxe...way bigger than voyager too. its pretty awesome, wicked deco, paint adn texture, ratchet joints a plenty that click HARD and loud. very simple transformation etc. but IMO at $130 it is a steal compared to what some people pay for much much less toy (3P TF is a comparison where you get much less toy for the money). i'll upload some pics tonight. i think kit lau works for 3A too, no?

I just got the little action figures myself! Pretty cool but they do feel a little fragile in places (like the ankles). I was pleasantly surprised I could pull the helmet and armored vest off! :wub:

Edited by xrentonx

• 2 months later...

I've been messing around with customizing these figures a bit. Put together a dirt bike with suitable weathering and just finished painting up a new head for one of the Sol Commander's. I'll probably replace his body armor and add additional web gear sometime in the near future.

PHOTO_20140901_180931_zpsbbf760b7.jpg

PHOTO_20140901_180955_zpsd5c7eaa4.jpg

• 3 years later...
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2014 at 4:07 PM, DarrinG said:

Saw these and REALLY liked the look of them.

First thing that has tempted me to go outside my normal collection list in some time.

Must resist! . . .

post-8486-0-73017900-1392930412.jpg

post-8486-0-51672500-1392930407.jpg

OH Look! a Ultra-Light Quad-Vee!