• Bandai Entertainment
    • Central Park Media
    • FUNimation
    • Manga Entertainment
    • Media Blasters
    • Pioneer Entertainment
    • The Right Stuf International
    • Other (Please Specify)

I'm not sure who handled the release of Cowboy Bebop: Knocking On Heavens Door. But I thought they did a pretty decent job, a lot of extra's really made the DVD worth it's purchase. :D

I'm not sure who handled the release of Cowboy Bebop: Knocking On Heavens Door. But I thought they did a pretty decent job, a lot of extra's really made the DVD worth it's purchase. :D

Actually, I don't think any Anime Distributors got it. It was a movie release.

Let's see.... Columbia Tristar Pictures, Destination Films and Samuel Goldwyn

I think that's it.

My vote was "Other." Specifically, it goes to all the HK bootleggers out there!

All 3 Yamato series, Galaxy express 999 up through episode 36 (I NEED THE OTHER 90+ NOW!!!!!!!), Robot Carnival, Please Save My Earth (haven't picked it up yet), , and great stuff from last year such as Orguss, Double Zeta, Victory, Macross 7, etc.

They've been delivering more great nitche titles, with ever improving subtitle translations, and fewer watermark logo's. Definately the most improved this year!

AnimEigo has yet to release Arcadia, which hurt their vote, Bandai pushed back Zeta to next year, which hurt their vote, ADV did decently with things like Mospeada & Mazinkaiser, CPM is pissing me off with the re-release of Dominion Tank Police with the worst subtitle font ever, and Manga has entirely dropped off the map (though thankfully Korea picked up the ball by releasing a great Giant Robo set, now if only they'd do Gunbuster too!).

Media Blasters gets my vote for best anime distributor for releasing my favorite anime series of all time, Berserk. Even though some of it came out in 2002, the rest fininshed up in 2003.

ADV had really good year too. RahXephon and Devil Lady are some of my favorites. I gave up on Dunbine already, reminded me of Gundam a little too much. Ya I know Tomino was involved, that's the other reason I gave up lol

Pioneer. Most of their titles I don't care for but they have done a good job with X and the first DVD of Heat Guy J.

Manga? Read or Die eh ok. They'll never release Giant Robo so I went and bought the Korean box set. Awesome

Bandai. This company has really fallen of the map for me. Titles like Love Hina and .hack//sign, I have no intereset in at all. Big O season 2 is coming to DVD in December though....and Witch Hunter Robin starts in Sept? so things are looking up.

Viz. The only series I like from them is Inuyasha. But until they release an actual box set/brick of the 1st season, the bootlegs of the R1s from F/X(which are very good btw) will have to do.

Edited by dejr8bud

Other: Broccoli, because nobody packs as many goodies into their releases as they do. Their American branch, Synchpoint, is pretty good as well (if a bit slow).

Last place would have to be Manga. I don't think an explanation is really needed for that. I just hope its new owners will do better.

It's been kinda tight for quality-releases this year, tho I'm fairly impressed with ADV so far.

This year's been pretty good for ADV title-releases. Not only that, but the quality of the ADV english-dubbing had dramatically improved on most of the titles! A few of their better dubbed releases this year:

-- CatGirl NukuNuku

-- DaiGuard complete

-- Excel complete

-- Rahxephon

-- Mazinkaiser

-- Sakura Wars (ova and tv)

-- Colorful

-- Full Metal Panic (borderline-dubs, but great new show)

-- Voices of a Distant Star

-- Steel Angel Kurumi 2

If only they'd hurry up and release Azumanga Daioh and Nadesico-movie this year. ^_^

I also like Pioneer for Chobits and Mahoromatic dvd's and OST's. The boxsets for El Hazard and re-release of Tenchi OVA single-discs were good, too.

Bandai's best title so far this year (imho) is Please Teacher and Love Hina Again's release is scheduled next week.

props to Funimation for completing Fruits Basket release and TokyoPop for GTO. Tho TokyoPop's pulled a stupid with Initial D.

Much thanks to SynchPoint for finally completing FLCL. Now if only they can speed up on their other good title "I'm Gonna be an Angel".

Much thanks to VIZ for finally releasing Maison Ikkoku on r1 dvd!

--treatment--