Strike A Pose! revisted...

dapro

My first Macross acquisition! I've got to say I'm impressed by the quality of it, solid toy all around and quite posable. Sorry for the hand guys, don't have a stand... yet

Looking good!

@spiff.. that's some great action poses! You're right that 171 looks like a born gymnast! very flexible! I don't dare try that on my old CF171 in fear it will fall to bits or turn to dust!

@sixtybucks.. congrats on your first ever Macross purchase! and you certainly chose a fine specimen to kick it all off with! Love those battroid pose shots! Especially that first shot!

I was just having a giggle to myself about your hand comment.. imagine having a display stand that actually is a mechanical rubberized hand that you can manipulate to hold things just like a normal hand! It would be a little like "Thing" from the Addams Family! I reckon it would be cool! im sure its already been done though..

post-21335-0-70111300-1433743712_thumb.jpgpost-21335-0-92574600-1433743717_thumb.jpg

My first Macross acquisition! I've got to say I'm impressed by the quality of it, solid toy all around and quite posable. Sorry for the hand guys, don't have a stand... yet

http://i.imgur.com/p7y0ei4l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vCFY9jFl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GiawOWEl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/M8xtsLjl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xPIc1Vcl.jpg

Great shots, dude!

You got a good handle on 'em since that's how these valks are thoroughly enjoyed. Especially in battroid-mode.

@spiff.. that's some great action poses! You're right that 171 looks like a born gymnast! very flexible! I don't dare try that on my old CF171 in fear it will fall to bits or turn to dust!

@sixtybucks.. congrats on your first ever Macross purchase! and you certainly chose a fine specimen to kick it all off with! Love those battroid pose shots! Especially that first shot!

I was just having a giggle to myself about your hand comment.. imagine having a display stand that actually is a mechanical rubberized hand that you can manipulate to hold things just like a normal hand! It would be a little like "Thing" from the Addams Family! I reckon it would be cool! im sure its already been done though..

Action memo20150608_155645_1.jpg Action memo20150608_160124_1.jpg

Can make one on shapeways for you!

@ChaoticYeti @treatment Thanks guys, I also have the GBP set and want to take a few pics later to see what it can do!

@spanner76 Haha, great, now I look back a the pics and I cannot not see Thing holding it. I gotta say, after holding this guy, especially with the armor, the hand would have to have a very strong grip. It's a one heavy dude! ...and btw, sweet sketching skills, you even included the round thingy in the backpack, it's all about details, details...

@spanner76 Haha, great, now I look back a the pics and I cannot not see Thing holding it. I gotta say, after holding this guy, especially with the armor, the hand would have to have a very strong grip. It's a one heavy dude! ...and btw, sweet sketching skills, you even included the round thingy in the backpack, it's all about details, details...

Hehe! Yeah was just a quick doodle on my Note.. the more i think about the poseable hand the more im liking it! It would be interesting to test the idea!

post-21335-0-74666400-1433822017_thumb.jpg

Edited by spanner76

That looks mega!! loving those twin strike cannons! I think I need to go find some more super & strike sets so I can do this also!

Thanks spanner! Glad you liked it. I'm so liking it too. But that means my VF-1S Hikaru is not going to have a Strike Packs now. If it's going to get re-released and 'cheap', I'll probably order a set and paint it too GBP colors including the gold/copper color to the boosters too. But for now, I'll probably swap the packs from time to time depends on the mood. Hehehe. :lol:

But firepower-wise, this configuration looks great! Imagine if it displayed along with the 'missile effect' parts. ;)

Cool. I haven't seen that one. 2 Gunpods would look nice. ;)

Link kinda broken so I'm putting the direct twitter link: https://twitter.com/jn2qrz4/status/606417682737459201

Edited by no3ljm

Thanks everyone

@no3ljm, yes there is a tinge of pink in the plastic under certain lighting conditions. You can see it in some of my photos. :( As for the green, I processed a couple of the same photo to compare color balancing adjustments and I uploaded the wrong photo. I have updated the pic. :)

@no3ljm, yes there is a tinge of pink in the plastic under certain lighting conditions. You can see it in some of my photos. :( As for the green, I processed a couple of the same photo to compare color balancing adjustments and I uploaded the wrong photo. I have updated the pic. :)

That's ok, Saburo. It's always been Arcadia's fault on giving us different shades of white. :unsure: But raw or processed, your shots are one of the best. ;)

That's the best cannon fodder quote/pic combo of all time. Brilliant.

+1 ^_^

I have spent a little while this evening trying to replicate some pictures. The first was posted on the macross world facebook a few weeks back. Made me want to pose a VF-1 kneeling.

post-30426-0-85435100-1435264914_thumb.jpg

post-30426-0-72358700-1435264975_thumb.jpg

The second followed seeing people mimicking raptor squad from jurassic world. I give you valkyrie squad

post-30426-0-91121900-1435265063_thumb.jpg

post-30426-0-39134100-1435265112_thumb.jpg

Nice one! I think if there would ever be a VF-1 V3 having something like a double jointed knee would be an interesting addition, so you can bring the heels closer to his butt. It would also be nice if they had something like the Hi-Metals where you can spread the legs further apart because the hip joints expand. Buch better leg range/expression.

Love the Velocivalks!

Nice one! I think if there would ever be a VF-1 V3 having something like a double jointed knee would be an interesting addition, so you can bring the heels closer to his butt. It would also be nice if they had something like the Hi-Metals where you can spread the legs further apart because the hip joints expand. Buch better leg range/expression.

Love the Velocivalks!

Probably. They already had that spread the legs feature started in VF-0D. Hopefully it continue down the line. But they have to make sturdy coz I remember Jenius accidentally broken his. It's featured on anymoon.com review. Anyways, hope V3 have a waist joint. That's a challenge. Hehehe. :lol: