Strike A Pose! revisted...

dapro

Yeah that lower section is a pain to keep aligned properly and I reckon the gun looks better with it closed anyways! :)

@Valkyrie Driver.. I found using the clear nail polish a relatively limited solution.. it doesn't seem to be quite hard enough and wears out too quickly. Automotive 2K clear with a proper hardener is much better but not as accessible to many as others. Dries rock hard but u gotta be careful using it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that lower section is a pain to keep aligned properly and I reckon the gun looks better with it closed anyways! :)

@Valkyrie Driver.. I found using the clear nail polish a relatively limited solution.. it doesn't seem to be quite hard enough and wears out too quickly. Automotive 2K clear with a proper hardener is much better but not as accessible to many as others. Dries rock hard but u gotta be careful using it.

I've used super glue before, and it's a difficult solution since you need to let it set before you go reassembling things. That Automotive 2K clear, is that a car polish? What might be some other alternatives to that?

I've also used 2 part epoxy, though it has the same problems as super glue.

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

I've used super glue before, and it's a difficult solution since you need to let it set before you go reassembling things. That Automotive 2K clear, is that a car polish? What might be some other alternatives to that?

I've also used 2 part epoxy, though it has the same problems as super glue.

Yeah super glue can work but you gotta be careful using it. But it doesnt last very long. The 2k clear is the clear coat over your typical cars paint! It dries super hard and is far more wear resistant than acrylic based clears. Its just a little harder to get and trickier to mix in small amounts..

So, haven't posted in this thread before, though about just putting it in the collection display thread, but I think this is a better fit.

I tried my best to recreate this rather imposing Destroid Tomhawk stance, as it's one of my favorites. Also, destroid are awesome. I changed a few things; I like the missile bays being open, and I really like the look of the shoulder missiles beginning to open. I also swung the arm out a bit more for perspective from my couch :D

rDhKXNbl.jpgRgVl9CTl.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

The Tommy is a sleeper hit with me. I didn't realize how cool it was until I bought an olive drab on hlj clearance. I do feel a little bad for not supporting the Destroid line though.

I think they are def. worth the money, though I never paid more than about $130 for any of mine. They really spice up a display and have great features. Pilots, switchable parts, diecast feet bits, and other cool gimmicks. Sadly they never got around to the phalanx or the Spartan, the Spartan being my biggest dream toy. The only real downside to them is that the waist swivel tends to be a bit loose but that's easy to fix, or ignore.

They did

3 Tomhawks (Tan, Green, Weathered)

3 Defenders (Tan, Green, Weathered)

And around that time they had money problems and cut the line. I think Jenius has mentioned they worked up model kits for the Phalanx.

The green Defender is fairly rare.

Edited by Gakken85