Strike A Pose! revisted...

dapro

I've uploaded both of these pics before but I've done some minor photo editing for the first time. Nothing major, used the stock photo app on android to do it, so hopefully the quality translates to a larger screen. I know they got kind of artifacty on my Facebook. Looking for honest criticism so I can try to keep improving

post-29874-0-26584500-1426306095_thumb.jpg

post-29874-0-51881600-1426306113_thumb.jpg

I was digging through old HDDs and I found a few gems. I posted some if these years ago, I figure ill post them again. There my be more to come still have things to go through. :)

IMG_3945_zpsyn8oasbp.jpg

IMG_4093_zps2tm7llmf.jpg

IMG_4109_zpsv16prkzc.jpg

And for some of the silly stuff.

IMG_4118_zps7zmfse87.jpg

IMG_4055_zpsqu577uoy.jpg

IMG_3928_zpsn0jb4kr7.jpg

IMG_4055_zpsqu577uoy.jpg

This is my new screensaver!

I've uploaded both of these pics before but I've done some minor photo editing for the first time. Nothing major, used the stock photo app on android to do it, so hopefully the quality translates to a larger screen. I know they got kind of artifacty on my Facebook. Looking for honest criticism so I can try to keep improving

Maybe the pros can chime in but I'm also learning too so this is my personal opinion. Are you going for the more dramatic look a single light source gives? I was just wondering because multiple light sources will get rid of shadow areas and highlight the valk more but give it less dramatic effect. Also where you place the light source in reference to the subject can make a world of difference. Play with the locations till you find one you like and go with it. Light color temperatures can also effect the pic. Most important is find what works for you and HAVE FUN!

Edited by wmkjr

IMG_4055_zpsqu577uoy.jpg

This is my new screensaver!

Maybe the pros can chime in but I'm also learning too so this is my personal opinion. Are you going for the more dramatic look a single light source gives? I was just wondering because multiple light sources will get rid of shadow areas and highlight the valk more but give it less dramatic effect. Also where you place the light source in reference to the subject can make a world of difference. Play with the locations till you find one you like and go with it. Light color temperatures can also effect the pic. Most important is find what works for you and HAVE FUN!

Thanks a lot, yeah I had my photo desk set up in a temporary spot since my lightbox isn't really big enough for the 1/60 guys. I haven't quite gotten the hang of evening out the lighting I think I need to buy two of the same lamp, the ones I have now are different on each side.

Hal9000, i have a quick question for you. Did you repaint your VF-0S? The white looks really bright, much more than mine ever did. I mean it looks really great, i was just curious how you were able to achieve such a nice shade.

Hal9000, i have a quick question for you. Did you repaint your VF-0S? The white looks really bright, much more than mine ever did. I mean it looks really great, i was just curious how you were able to achieve such a nice shade.

That was mostly photo shop trickery, I tried to white balance of the valk but didn't like the results. I was going for that opining bond shot look for roy, so i need to sap most of the color out.

so is there a "picture of the month" thread in here somewhere!? if not then it should definitely be created! AND this photo should be its first winner! :DB))

Thanks a lot, yeah I had my photo desk set up in a temporary spot since my lightbox isn't really big enough for the 1/60 guys. I haven't quite gotten the hang of evening out the lighting I think I need to buy two of the same lamp, the ones I have now are different on each side.

Close, I had a table and a white sheet and some black velvet. I alternated between two lights. One was a desk top full spectrum I used to paint miniatures and a old studio light but that's very yellow. And yes I love the harsh shadow look I get with one light, but most of the time I'm using a reflector to help soften it. One full spectrum and a sheet of white paper on a piece of cardboard is my preferred. and if you want to play use diff color paper for the reflector. :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

too funny :D

did a little display shuffling and popped my beautiful Nora SV-51 up on a stand! ain't she just gorgeous! :wub:

@Scream Man.. you see im giving her plenty of love! :p;):D

20150308_200508.jpg

Lovely picture, those are actually the 2 first Yamato 1/60 valks I bought years ago, still some of my favorite birds to this day.

Lovely picture, those are actually the 2 first Yamato 1/60 valks I bought years ago, still some of my favorite birds to this day.

hehe! your first 2 eh! cool! and at the time of this photo these were some of my latest few!

This particular SV-51 has seen a few miles and im her 2nd owner but she's still in great shape and just a gorgeous bird to look at! I will definitely be getting Ivanov and the CF down the track too!

Adjusted their poses a little and popped one up on a stand instead of sitting on her landing gear..

What do you guys think of the Gerwalk pose with the winglets folded down and the missiles out the side!? I rather like it actually! :D

I have to say im still so impressed by the Zero-D and she's quickly become a strong favorite! She has such a commanding presence no matter which mode she's in! B))

20150319_172730.jpg

Edited by spanner76

impressive D collection spanner! tempted me to get an 0D....must..resist..

aaajin.. AAAJIN! this is your conscience speaking.. you want a Zero-D.. you want to buy a Zero-D!! you must have one! you must you must! give in to the temptation! give in! resistance is futile! you know this is what you want! :D

Edited by spanner76

aaajin.. AAAJIN! this is your conscience speaking.. you want a Zero-D.. you want to buy a Zero-D!! you must have one! you must you must! give in to the temptation! give in! resistance is futile! you know this is what you want! :D

sleep drunkenness IS a good valkyrie compulsive buying deterrrent...zzz