[Help] Understanding the SDF1

logan_4600

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is coming along great! I'm not a digital guy, but a scratch build modeller in plastic. To encourage you, A LOT of my parts are redone several times and it's not as easy as "cut and paste" or "delete" to fix them. But when you don't quite like what you've done - you've GOT to redo it! That's what quality is. Keep up the great work! - MT

Terrible. You might as well just forget about it. It's clear this isn't any good ;):p:D

Your work is so amazing that even the smallest updates are exciting news. This latest update continues to build upon your promising start. As always, I eagerly await more.

They are not cannons or weapons. They are sewage discharge lines.

Really?

killed off by a c&d letter allegedly from HG. The guys have yet to post any concrete evidence.

Now they are going forward with their own designs of mecha that are not associated with Robotech. It WAS a good project tho.

Yes, but, i don´t get what did happen´d there, they where legally ´ok to go´ by HG :/

(And, that´s what i love MACROSS! hahaha) :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice.

Why do the "fins" between the cannons seem so uneven?

Actually, the spline and later loft nurb made most of the edges very like a ´snake´ form, while i do use that as and advantage (you can see it in the inner extruded lines lines) Indeed, or i find a way to correct them (like the exhausts of side burners) or they will be erased.

Hmm, I don't really understand what this is a photo of honestly.

Mommar, my limited english is not geting this one :/ ( sorry )

Very nice.

Why do the "fins" between the cannons seem so uneven?

crap! you are wayy right! they´re AWFUL :p jajaja

The level of detail in each new picture is amazing. We never got to see any UN Spacy cannons opening and firing until Macross Frontier came along some 25 years later. So it's really nice to see a fan like you going back to re-imagine the way those old SDF-1 Macross cannons would have opened up and fired. Correspondingly, it also helps us to imagine the guns on the ARMD Class Carriers and other UN Spacy craft from Space War I. Well done!

Thank Dimes! Truth is, when i´ve started the model, i wanted to be able to ´be´ in every single place of the ship (aka ZOOM THE S*&%t OUT OF IT! :p ). My actual knowledge of CG does not allow me to do that right now, but, at least, give details in places where there where none, like the cannons (Who can argue the detail of something that never existed in first place!? ;P hahaha )

Ps: any simpler translation on Mommar comment is welcome!

Right, but I was confused about what was inside of them.

I thought of it like some ´giant needles´ gathering the power to shoot (or something like that) something like the attached pic. I stil have to do some detail work inside the cannons and between the needles.

( ps: ´fins´ fixed too! )

post-28350-0-76479600-1396539705_thumb.png

Perhaps something like the Zentradi beam cannons or a variation on them.

http://www.macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/nupetiet-vergnitzs/zentradi-gunsandlaunchers.gif

Considering this is still a restored SA Gunship, the technology could be similar. Unfortunately the anime never shows the weapons not already firing. So we don't see the "guts" of the cannons.

Edited by Zinjo

Perhaps something like the Zentradi beam cannons or a variation on them.

http://www.macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/nupetiet-vergnitzs/zentradi-gunsandlaunchers.gif

Considering this is still a restored SA Gunship, the technology could be similar. Unfortunately the anime never shows the weapons not already firing. So we don't see the "guts" of the cannons.

Yep, the needle thing came out of memory from the Zentraedi ships, after seeing the pic, it made more sense than something like that than a giant modern-human Cannon.

Maybe the cannons at the bottom of the ' belt ' I do make them Destroyer mounts and missile launchers (like, open up, one side has MKII's and the bottom side an army of missiles)