Maleficent is Disney's live-action prequel/remake of their 1959 animated classic Sleeping Beauty. The film marks the directorial debut of production designer Robert Stromberg (Alice in Wonderland, Oz the Great and Powerful) and stars Angelina Jolie (like no one here knows who she is...) as the iconic Disney villain. Also starring are Elle Fanning (Dakota Fanning's lesser-known sister) as Princess Aurora, Sharlto Copley (Wikus in District 9, Kruger in Elysium) as King Stefan, Brendon Thwaites (Jonas in The Giver) as Prince Phillip, Juno Temple (Jen in The Dark Knight Rises, Sally in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For) as Thistlewit, Sam Riley (Vincent in 13, Darvell in Byzantium) as Diaval, Miranda Richardson (Rita Skeeter in the Harry Potter series, Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland) as Queen Ulla, and Imelda Staunton (Vera Drake, Dolores Jane Umbridge in the Harry Potter series) as Knotgrass.

The film hits theaters on May 30, 2014.

Official Site

AKA Sleeping Beauty. (because like 19/20 people don't know who "Princess Aurora" is)

I know who that is (like Disney far too much).

Well wether or not this movie is bad we know one thing is for certain, Angelina is gong to chew up the scenery.

I'm still not 100% sure if they're actively trying to make her cheekbones sharper/more pronounced through makeup or if that's just her freaky skeletor face. I swear you could cut diamonds on those things.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

^So if it's not being screened for critics do we think, that Disney thinks, it's a stinker?

My interest has kind of gone up after seeing some of the later trailers, but still not enough to go check this out in the theaters (outside of date night or something).

-b.

Less than three days left before the premiere and no reviews have popped up online.

Hmmm, same goes for a 'A Million Ways to Die In the West' as well. The optimist in me says there isn't any reviews yet because of the Memorial Day Weekend, the pessimist thinks its because they both suck.

Hmmm, same goes for a 'A Million Ways to Die In the West' as well. The optimist in me says there isn't any reviews yet because of the Memorial Day Weekend, the pessimist thinks its because they both suck.

was just reviewed yesterday, and it got a C for being not funny for a comedy.

From the trailers, they're doing what I guessed they were going to do and make her the poor misunderstood anti-hero and all the good guys from Disney were really bad guys. Definitely going to wait to the bootleg download.

I thought it was pretty good. Not great, unfortuneately, but real good. A little too short time-wise with some themes drawn too long and others a little too short. Still, I'll buy it on Blue-ray and watch it again.

Not sure what crack these "critics" are smoking, but for a guy who doesn't like Disney movies.

This is a solid two thumbs up. Thoroughly enjoyed the Movie. It's a relief to finally watch a movie with

A good story.

See it, even if you don't like Disney, it will surpass your expectations.

I wasn't going to see the film in cinemas, bit disappointed from what I hear but waiting for reviews from friends.

Personally think Jolie is well suited for the role, but not too surprised lost a LOT of respect for Disney.

She is greatly suited to the role! I watched it again today and I liked it even better than the first time! I think disney is using sublminial messages again... :rolleyes:

I went to an early show so there weren't a lot of people, but there were several young girls present, and I thought it was great when one of them cheered near the end.

Those who've seen it could probably imagine when it was called for.

Great performance from Jolie and a great story, awesome cinematography and a great soundtrack... I can't wait for this to come out on Blu-Ray!

Edited by Thom

I figured it out, people think that the original Disney cartoon is the "Holy Book" of the Story of sleeping beauty.

Then again most Movie critics are not film makers, so It's the same as a Hot Dog Vender telling Kobe Bryant how to make

a proper free throw.