The Wachowski Brother & Sister return with Jupiter Ascending, starring Mila Kunis (Lori in Ted, Mona Sax in Max Payne), Channing Tatum (himself in This Is the End, Duke in G.I. Joe), Sean Bean (Alec Trevelyan in GoldenEye, Boromir in The Lord of the Rings), and Korean actress Bae Doona (Sonmi/Tilda/Mexican woman in Cloud Atlas).

Jupiter Ascending was originally scheduled for a July 25, 2014 release, but it's been pushed back to February 6, 2015 to finish the special effects.

Official Site

Edited by areaseven

Well before all the negativity starts, I think that looks great!

Chris

Negativity?? Here??? What-choo talkin' 'bout Dobber!! LOL....!!

Yeah, it does look pretty good. Always expect great visuals from the "Brothers" at least.

Not really that excited by the trailer. In many respects it comes across as very "Young Adult Adventure", in the same vein as The Hunger Games and Twilight. I'm sure that was intentional, just the way all trailers are formulated to remind movie goers of similar (in many ways, better) films just to get butts in the seats. Still, the Wachowskis do like to do different things so this is likely worth a watch. I'll wait for the podcast reviews.

Like Mr March says, the trailer looks a lot like it wants to go after the teen movie large audience of the mentioned book/movies. I'm also a bit tired "the chosen one" trope, but after "Cloud Atlas" I trust the Wachowskis.can deliver. The visuals at least look very interesting... and there is a gargoyle!(on 1:29)!

Because The Matrix franchise made them boatloads of money enough to not flinch after Speed Racer, Ninja Assassin and Cloud Atlas tanked in the box office.

They got their asses handed to then in a lawsuit after SR, I thought they'd disappear.

Hell I knew thier old assistant and he even left after the lawsuit.

Undecided because I like Sean Bean and Mika Kunis but Channing Tatum as "Channing Tatum in Space" really gives me a bad vibe.

I want this to be good if for nothing else to have something else to look forward to seeing at the movies but I'm more "bothered" by how Tatum keeps getting roles vs. how the Wachowski's are still able to make films.

PS - yeah, those ears too - ugh

-b.

Like Mr March says, the trailer looks a lot like it wants to go after the teen movie large audience of the mentioned book/movies. I'm also a bit tired "the chosen one" trope, but after "Cloud Atlas" I trust the Wachowskis.can deliver. The visuals at least look very interesting... and there is a gargoyle!(on 1:29)!

Is that what that was? Didn't know it was a gargoyle, but it looked cool :)

• 3 months later...

I loved Cloud Atlas,great movie. This one looks alright,but not sold yet. Ships look cool but I dunno,something feels bit off.

For sure, Cloud Atlas grew on me. Even though I didn't see it at the movies I'd heard enough good things that I bought it on Blu-ray. Admittedly on my 2nd watch is when I actually enjoyed it.

And that something off could be any number of things, like Magic Mike and/or the specter of The Matrix sequels.

-b.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if the trailer is online or not, but the one they have showing before Godzilla (IMAX) looks really entertaining. Still not gonna line up on the first day to see it at the movies but the movie looks like it could be fun.*

*despite stoopid Space Magic Mike the Space Elf

-b.

I'll wait on the reviews before seeing this. If the reviews are good I may see it. The wife loves Channing Tatum so it won't be hard to bring her with me B))

Damn Channing Tatum, for me his best roll was in This is the End. :lol:

-b.

Yeah, that was a cool cameo. I can't wait to see him in 22 Jump Street. Chicks love him but I think he is a good entertainer.

You are very fair.

Wonder if Sean Bean will live through this one...ah who am I kidding, he probably died in the trailers and I just missed it.

-b.