Anyone planning to get these?

Info: http://startrek-starships.com/usa/index.asp

I have the first three issues and ships on the way. I've seen photos on the web of the finished goods and they look very nice and detailed! (especially the -D).

They plan on releasing lots of ships. Hope we get a Steamrunner someday :D .

The ships do look fantastic, and the magazine seems quality. But, like David says, they've got crap in there like the Krenim Temporal Warship, the Maquis fighter, the Bajoran Solar Sailer, and the Nausicaan fighter, but they don't have the TV-version pre-refit Enterprise or the Ambassador-class (Nebula is in there, David, issue 23).

I also wish they were in scale. Yes, I know that means a tiny Defiant and a huge Romulan Warbird, but dammit, I like my ships in scale!

But I guess the biggest reason I'm not subscribing is the price. I have to buy a lot of ships I don't want (non-Federation) to get the ones I do want (Federation), at a rate of $40 a month. I think I'd rather check my local hobby shop or wherever and see if they've got the individual models.

I have the Akira class (Isn't this the fist time this particular design has been offered in any form other than resin or wood?), and the Defiant on preorder with BBTS; and, from the link raptormesh provided, I look forward to Issue #027 (Early Romulan Bird of Prey), #034 (Vulcan Surak Class Starship), and #035 (Early Klingon Bird of Prey). Of course, getting those may lead me to get the NX-01 as well (#004), and making me hope that they'll get around to produce the NV-01 Intrepid as well.

Edit: I must agree with mikeszekely that having all these ships be non-scale makes them less appealing than they would have been otherwise. Eaglemoss could have used 2 or 3 different scales so that ships of similar size (Ex.: NCC-1701D vs. Romulan Warbird vs. V'orcha vs. Galor, etc.; or NCC-1701 Refit vs. Reliant vs. Voyager vs. BOP, etc.) would be consistent, instead of settling on a ~6" size across the whole line.

Edited by mechaninac

Non scale ftl...I dunno why folks still don't get it.

TREK FANS WANT SCALED SHIPS!!!

Pretty much---unlike Star Wars, where large capital ships can be dozens/hundreds of times larger than other large capital ships----Trek ships are roughly in the same size class. The Ent-D is much larger than the Ent-A, but it's not like 10x as big.

I got the -D and the Constitution Refit in the mail yesterday. Expectations totally blown. Quality is near perfect (except for a tiny tiny smudge on the saucer) on the Galaxy class, and the surface detail is astounding. The Refit is a little bit plain, but overall solid with no noticeable defects or problems. I love the transparent material used on the warp nacelles for both!

Keep them coming Eaglemoss!

I'm definitely getting the Akira, Defiant, and Excelsior.

post-9883-0-66849200-1386444292_thumb.jpg

post-9883-0-71706900-1386444302_thumb.jpeg

Dunno if US releases are better but the fit/finish of the 1701 Refit has been widely reported to be terrible. Apparently the other releases have all been pretty good, though the fit on Voyager is a little spotty as well. And DS9 has been showing up with Pylons that aren't glued down well enough.

I agree with buying them individually from the usual places (eBay, Amazon, BBTS, etc.). Some ships I just have no interest for... Bajoran Light Sail Ship wtf :wacko: .

I'm sure there's someone out there who wants to re-create Ben and Jake Sisko's father-son outing into the stars...

These do look nice. Pity the ships are not in scale with each other, so any incentive for me to look into these has been killed.

Does the Enterprise-D have a saucer separation, can anybody show if so?

General question: Why is it seemingly impossible for any one company to produce a line of star trek starships in scale with each other?

Is a license to do so exorbitantly to high or is the state of star trek merchandising so bad, that it would not be a profitable investment?

Nothing new, for example the Enterprise-D has been rehashed in the same old 1/1400 or 1/2500 mold from Ertl/AMT with all its inaccuracies over and over.

Luckily I'm not very scale obsessed provided that the finished product is of high quality :D . My guess is that they're just sizing them in a way that best shows the details. Some small ships like the runabout (and the aforementioned Bajoran Sail Ship) will be released as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Deagostini is releasing this series in Japan.

http://deagostini.jp/site/sts/pretop/index.html?utm_source=google_lis&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=sts

Alas, you have to pick up the first 20 issues to get the mail in rebate (or order the set) to get the Borg Cube. (apparently you get the USS Enterprise dedication plaque bonus for issues 21-40, and the NCC-1701-D refit model bonus for 41-70.)

The ¥499 special price for the 1st issue, and the ¥1,299 special price for the 2nd are reasonable, but at ¥2,495 for the 3rd and beyond? Those extras are definitely out of my reach (approx $2,000 USD for the entire set!)

Edited by sketchley