so these came and went competely under my nose this weekend. <_<

6a013481198b41970c019b03c14064970d_zpsdd

http://blog.disneystore.com/blog/2014/01/introducing-new-limited-edition-anna-and-elsa-dolls.html

Also, I'm totally confused by the blu-ray pre-order listings. amazon only has the BD/DVD version so I ordered that, and they're saying it'll be released march 18th, but that it has an expected delivery date of between January 23rd and January 30th... :huh:

also aparently the 3D version was announced and they retracted as a Walmart exclusive.

Disney... why you do this???? :wacko:

The nominees for the 86th Academy Awards have been announced. Frozen will be competing with The Wind Rises, Despicable Me 2, The Croods, and Ernest & Celestine for Best Animated Feature. Get a Horse! is nominated for Best Animated Short Film. "Let It Go" is nominated for Best Original Song.

• 2 weeks later...

So, starting tomorrow, the'll be running special sing-along screenings in select theaters.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/01/22/frozen-sing-along/4783327/

Not gonna lie, I'm tempted to see it a third time before the blu-ray comes out. :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Oscar people favoring Disney over other worthy companies? Not surprising.

You do understand this is the first time ever Disney studios proper has won an oscar for best animated feature? The other wins they got were soley from Pixar Studios who actually beat out some of Disney's own films on occasion.

As far as this year's results? Looking at the other nominations I can live with Frozen winnng with Despicable Me 2 finishing a close 2nd. The Wind Rises even though its the last of Miyazaki's work so far, it isn't that great. It's by no means bad, but compared to the other Ghibli works its just... meh.

Now if you excuse I'm going to go watch Castle of Caliostro once I'm finished with Godzilla Vs King Ghidorah that I'm now watching.

Uh what? are we watching the same movie here?

Of course.

You don't saw "between the lines"?

Elsa loves Anna, but the love can't be accept and she "frozen" inside her...

Only in the end, when Anna notes the real reason of the ice power of Elsa. She make a decision, and "say" to Elsa.

Elsa accepts the choice of her sister, and decide to move on.

Of course.

You don't saw "between the lines"?

Elsa loves Anna, but the love can't be accept and she "frozen" inside her...

We're clearly interpreting this movie completely differently as I do not see any incestuous tones between Anna and Elsa. I saw nothing sexual between Elsa and Anna's relation. Elsa is "frozen" inside because she's scared of hurting her sister more after the childhood incident and her fear was amplified by her parents over protectiveness.

Only in the end, when Anna notes the real reason of the ice power of Elsa. She make a decision, and "say" to Elsa.

Elsa had her powers as a very young child as she was born with them. It said so in the movie when the royal family visited the trolls. She did not gain them because of her frozen love for Anna.

>snip<

What is it with the internet and incest? :huh:

anyways, live performance at the Oscars:

http://youtu.be/m3ff17im8RQ

I thought it was nice except for the very end unfortunately. Also, what have you been smoking this time John Travolta?

Edited by anime52k8

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the DVD last night for my grand daughter and we watched it 3 times! She (and I) love the movie. \

As far as toys, it seems like it is going to be heck getting her a couple of dolls at a decent price!

Wish I did, they were kind of expensive when they first came out and now you can't find them without being marked up.

BTW, I'm probably the only one here who watches Once Upon a Time, but I'd really like to see Anna and Elsa show up at some point. After all they just introduced Rapunzel in this last episode.

Edited by anime52k8

BTW, I'm probably the only one here who watches Once Upon a Time, but I'd really like to see Anna and Elsa show up at some point. After all they just introduced Rapunzel in this last episode.

Has the latest season been worth watching? Reviews have been "mixed" ever since they ran off to Never Never land.

My only Infinity figures. :p

post-93-0-24682000-1395637868_thumb.png

Has the latest season been worth watching? Reviews have been "mixed" ever since they ran off to Never Never land.

I've been enjoying it lately. the Neverland arc was kind of meh but last season ended strong IMO and I'm liking the Oz stuff this season.